Mon, Jul. 18, 8:03 AM
Thu, Jun. 16, 8:04 AM
- AES Corp. (NYSE:AES) agrees to sell its entire equity interest in AES Sul, one of its utilities in Brazil, to CPFL Energia (NYSE:CPL) for nearly 1.7B reais ($464M).
- AES says the sale of the Brazil distribution company is "yet another step we are taking to optimize our portfolio for future value creation."
- The sale already was included in AES’s 2016 guidance.
Mon, May 9, 6:01 AM
Sun, May 8, 5:30 PM
Fri, Apr. 15, 8:11 AM
Tue, Apr. 5, 10:16 AM
- AES Corp. (AES -1%) settles a lawsuit accusing it of allowing one of its units to dump coal ash on beaches in the Dominican Republic, which allegedly caused birth defects in children.
- Families of three Dominican children born without limbs, who suffered from gastrointestinal and other defects, sought ~$30M in damages; the case was the first of more than a half dozen set for trial in Delaware.
- The settlement of the Dominican birth-defect cases comes after AES, which operates in 18 countries, agreed in 2007 to pay $6M to settle a suit filed by the Dominican government over coal ash dumping.
Wed, Feb. 24, 6:19 AM
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:30 PM
Fri, Feb. 5, 9:43 AM
- U.S. power utility AES Corp. (AES -0.9%) as well as Brazilian rivals CPFL Energia (CPL -0.8%) and Equatorial Energia are among groups showing preliminary interest in buying state-controlled power distributor Centrais Elétricas de Goiás, Reuters reports.
- The plan comes as Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras (EBR -0.6%), Brazil's largest power holding company, is considering selling stakes in several distribution companies; the move underscores Pres. Rousseff's efforts to streamline the size of state companies, whose rapid growth has put public finances under pressure.
Dec. 28, 2015, 10:48 AM
- (AES -1.8%) initiates a tender offer for $250M aggregate principal amount of its outstanding 7.375% senior notes due 2021, 4.875% senior notes due 2023, 5.500% senior notes due 2024 and 5.500% senior notes due 2025. The offers will expire at 11:59 pm ET on January 26.
Dec. 14, 2015, 8:04 AM
- AES (NYSE:AES) declares $0.11/share quarterly dividend, 10% increase from prior dividend of $0.10.
- Forward yield 4.91%
- Payable Feb. 16; for shareholders of record Feb. 2; ex-div Jan. 29.
Nov. 5, 2015, 3:58 PM
- AES Corp. (AES -8.7%) plunges nearly 9% after the electricity producer and distributor missed expectations for Q3 revenues by $1.5B and cut its 2015 earnings guidance and set its 2016 earnings guidance below estimates.
- AES lowered its full-year 2015 EPS to $1.18-$1.25 from its previous outlook of $1.25-$1.35, and sees 2016 earnings of $1.05-$1.15 as it cites unfavorable exchange rates, volatile commodities prices and weak demand in Brazil; analysts had estimated EPS of $1.27 for 2015 and $1.30 for 2016.
- AES says it is launching $150M in cost reduction and revenue enhancement initiatives that it says will offset most of its headwinds by 2018.
Nov. 5, 2015, 6:18 AM
- AES (NYSE:AES): Q3 EPS of $0.39 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $3.72B (-16.2% Y/Y) misses by $1.57B.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AES, AGIO, AGU, AINV, ALSK, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, ANSS, APA, ATHM, AZN, BBEP, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BEE, BR, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CELG, CLDT, CNK, CNP, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COTY, CROX, CSTM, CWEI, DNR, DUK, EGL, ENB, ENDP, ENOC, ESI, FUN, GEO, GLOG, GLP, GOGO, HFC, HGG, HII, HRC, INSY, IRC, IT, ITC, ITG, KATE, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LINE, LPI, LXP, MEG, MGA, MITL, MPEL, MPW, MSG, MSO, MVIS, MZOR, NDLS, NGS, NHI, NILE, NRP, OGE, OMED, PBH, PDCE, PRFT, PRIM, PWE, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RGLD, RICE, RL, RLGY, RRD, RVLT, RWLK, SCOR, SEAS, SFM, SFY, SJI, SNSS, SPAR, SRC, SRPT, SSTK, STN, STWD, SYMC, TAP, TDC, TE, THS, TIME, TK, TLP, TNK, TRXC, TU, USAC, VC, VER, VIVO, WAC, WIN, WPP, ZEUS
Oct. 19, 2015, 11:59 AM
- AES Corp. (AES -1.2%) is downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus, which also lowers its 2015 and 2016 earnings estimates.
- Argus notes that AES shareholders' equity position fell 34% during the four-year period from year-end 2010 to year-end 2014 to $4.27B from $6.47B, and long-term debt as a percentage of total capitalization was a relatively high 82% at the end of Q2, with EBITDA covering interest expense by a relatively low 2.6x.
- The firm believes the stronger U.S. dollar and continued poor (yet improving) hydroelectric conditions in AES' Brazilian operations will continue to hurt earnings growth for at least the next three to four quarters.
Oct. 16, 2015, 8:03 AM
- AES (NYSE:AES) declares $0.10/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.71%
- Payable Nov. 16; for shareholders of record Nov. 2; ex-div Oct. 29.
The AES Corp. is diversified power generation and utility company. The company is organized into six market-oriented Strategic Business units (SBUs): United States, Andes (Chile, Colombia, and Argentina), Brazil, MCAC (Mexico, Central America and Caribbean), EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa)... More
Industry: Electric Utilities
Country: United States
Other News & PR