What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
May 10, 2015, 5:30 PM
May 6, 2015, 8:45 AM
- Allete (NYSE:ALE) subsidiary Allete Clean Energy agrees to acquire the AES Armenia Mountain Wind 100.5 MW wind facility near Troy, Pa., from AES Corp. (NYSE:AES) and a minority shareholder for $108M plus the assumption of existing debt.
- ALE says all the facility's energy output is sold through existing power purchase agreements that extend through 2025.
- This is the fourth wind facility ACE has acquired from AES and the seventh in its portfolio.
Apr. 24, 2015, 9:23 AM
- AES (NYSE:AES) declares $0.10/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.01%
- Payable May 15; for shareholders of record May 5; ex-div May 1.
Apr. 22, 2015, 3:10 PM
- Norges Bank Investment Management, the pension fund fueled by Norway's oil revenue, says it will oppose power company AES Corp. (AES +1.6%) on four corporate governance proposals.
- The fund says it will support a proxy access proposal to let big shareholders list competing board candidates on official AES corporate ballots, as well as a proposal to let holders of at least 20% of the company's shares call a special shareholder meeting.
- The proposal furthers a movement that has gained steam as several major companies have granted the power to shareholders that could open the way to more fights over board seats.
Apr. 8, 2015, 8:43 AM
- Bulgaria’s state-owned National Electricity Company agrees to reduced long-term power-purchase prices with the local coal-fired plants of U.S. power producers AES Corp. (NYSE:AES) and ContourGlobal to avoid default.
- The country's energy minister says the renegotiated agreements will help save 1B lev ($556M) by the time they expire in 2026 with AES and 2024 with ContourGlobal; capacity prices were cut by 14% for AES and 17% for Contour.
- National Electricity has a total deficit of 3.3B lev as it bought electricity at prices higher than current market rates under long-term power-purchase agreements with solar and wind power producers, AES and ContourGlobal.
- AES +1.4% premarket.
Feb. 26, 2015, 6:07 AM
- AES (NYSE:AES): Q4 EPS of $0.41 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $4.13B (+8.7% Y/Y) misses by $1.08B.
Feb. 25, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ACIW, ACTA, AES, AKRX, AMCX, AMWD, ANSS, ARCC, BDBD, BIN, BUD, CCG, CHS, CNP, CNSL, CRI, CWEI, CYBX, DDD, EME, EXH, EXLP, FCH, FIG, FRO, GCAP, GOGO, HAWK, HEES, HSC, HSNI, ICON, IQNT, IRDM, ITC, KOP, KSS, LKQ, LPI, LTM, MBLY, MDXG, MGLN, MITL, MRGE, [[NTi]], NTLS, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, RHP, SDRL, SEAS, SFY, SHLD, SNAK, SNH, SNMX, SRE, SRPT, TASR, TD, TICC, TWI, VAC, VC, VICL, WAC, WNR, XCRA, ZEUS
Jan. 28, 2015, 7:15 PM
- Merrill Lynch makes the case in a new report that many fundamentals still favor keeping a position in the utilities sector even after a period of gains, and 24/7 Wall Street screened for the firm's top five Buy-rated utilities with the highest yields.
- The list is headed by Edison International (NYSE:EIX), which makes Merrill's US 1 list; EIX raised the quarterly dividend paid to shareholders by 17.6% back in December, signaling a strong commitment to investors.
- Dominion Resources (NYSE:D) is expected to grow its dividend by 7% this year, in line with the past four; the report says many Wall Street analysts believe new EPA regulations actually could provide a boost for the company.
- Also named: AES, PPL, UIL.
Dec. 15, 2014, 8:43 AM
- AES Corp. (NYSE:AES) agrees to sell a minority stake in its AES US Investments unit for $244M to La Caisse de depot et placement du Québec, or CDPQ.
- The deal will leave AES with an 85% stake in AES US, which is the sole owner of IPALCO Enterprises; in turn, AES US will hold an 82.35% stake in IPALCO after the deal.
- Additionally, CDPQ will invest $349M in IPALCO through 2016 in exchange for a nearly 18% stake in Indianapolis Power & Light.
Dec. 15, 2014, 7:13 AM
- AES (NYSE:AES) declares $0.10/share quarterly dividend, 100% increase from prior dividend of $0.05.
- Forward yield 3.01%
- Payable Feb. 17; for shareholders of record Feb. 3; ex-div Jan. 30.
Nov. 6, 2014, 6:13 AM
- AES (NYSE:AES): Q3 EPS of $0.37 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $4.44B (+11.0% Y/Y) misses by $290M.
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:18 PM
- The AES (NYSE:AES) declares $0.05/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.56%
- Payable Nov. 17; for shareholders of record Nov. 3; ex-div Oct. 30.
Oct. 13, 2014, 8:33 AM
- AES Corp. (NYSE:AES) agrees to sell its interest in a Turkish joint venture for $125M, as the global utility company attempts to further streamline its business.
- The assets involved in the sale consist of 364 MW in operating natural gas and hydroelectric facilities, as well as an interest in a coal-fired development project.
- Including this deal, AES says it would have received $2.4B in proceeds from asset sales in the past three years; it says that while the sales have helped cut overhead costs by $200M, or about a third, it still has more MW under construction than at any time in its history.
Aug. 7, 2014, 7:07 AM
- AES (NYSE:AES): Q2 EPS of $0.28 in-line.
- Revenue of $4.31B (+9.4% Y/Y) misses by $80M.
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AES, AFSI, AINV, AMCX, ATHM, AUXL, BCE, BDBD, BPI, BR, CBB, CCOI, CECE, CECO, CNQ, CQB, CRIS, CTB, DUK, EAT, FUR, FWLT, GBDC, GDP, GLP, GOLD, GTN, HAR, HII, HIMX, HRC, HSC, HSNI, HZNP, ICE, IDCC, IRC, KERX, LAMR, LEAF, LG, LINE, LMIA, LNCE, LPI, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MFC, MMS, MNK, MONT, MPEL, MPW, MYL, NCT, NRF, NRG, NVO, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, OWW, PBH, PHMD, POZN, PRIM, QIWI, RDN, RGLD, RSTI, RTK, SABR, SATS, SFUN, SGM, SNI, SPH, SRE, SRPT, SSYS, SUNE, TDC, TGH, THS, TICC, TK, TPH, VNDA, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV, ZEUS
The AES Corporation is a power generation and utility company. The Company operates in two business lines; Generation & Utilities; through its six market-oriented Strategic Business Units in United States, Andes, Brazil, MCAC, EMEA and Asia.
Other News & PR