What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Mon, Feb. 1, 4:32 PM
Mon, Feb. 1, 4:27 PM
Sun, Jan. 31, 5:35 PM
Dec. 4, 2015, 6:17 PM
- Aflac (AFL +0.7%) CEO Dan Amos brought his duck to CNBC's Closing Bell, and said he thinks the company will benefit from the healthcare environment as people look for shore up their existing coverage.
- Are people flocking to supplemental policies beause of high deductibles? "We believe they are," he said, "and we believe, ultimately it will enhance our business."
- One reason investors are a little disappointed with the company's sales outlook, Amos says, "is because we were so strong this year. We had originally said we would be up 1-3%; now it's looking like we're gonna be closer to 13%. So the number that we thought we would make in 2016, we're still gonna make, it's just as a percentage it drops off some."
- The insurer gets 72% of its revenue from Japan, and Amos says it now insures one of every four households there. The yen's a "headache," but the company has always excluded the forex results, he says, and it has a dollar portfolio in Japan that mitigates the issue somewhat.
Oct. 27, 2015, 4:58 PM
- AFLAC (NYSE:AFL) declares $0.41/share quarterly dividend, 5.1% increase from prior dividend of $0.39.
- Forward yield 2.6%
- Payable Dec. 1; for shareholders of record Nov. 18; ex-div Nov. 16.
Oct. 27, 2015, 4:30 PM
- Q3 operating earnings of $672M fell from $685M a year ago. Operating EPS of $1.56 gained 3.3% in part thanks to buybacks. The weaker yen cut operating EPS by $0.13. Excluding that, operating EPS gained 11.9%.
- 3.9M shares bought back during quarter for $233M. For first nine months this year, 17.4M shares bought back for $1.1B. Another 52.1M shares remains in authorization.
- Book value per share of $40.36 up from $29.52 a quarter earlier. Today's close was $63.15. Operating ROE of 19.4%, or 22.3% excluding the impact of the yen.
- Dividend is boosted 5.1% to $0.41 per share quarterly.
- Guidance: Sakes growth target for third sector products is lifted to 10-13% from 7-10%. U.S. is expected to generate sales growth at the lower end of the 3-7% range. Company is on track to meet or exceed expectations to repatriate about ¥200B this year, helping the plan to repurchase $1.3B of stock in 2015. Full-year operating EPS of $5.96-$6.16.
- Conference call tomorrow at 9 ET
- Previously: AFLAC beats by $0.08, misses on revenue (Oct. 27)
- AFL +0.2% after hours
Oct. 27, 2015, 4:14 PM
- AFLAC (NYSE:AFL): Q3 EPS of $1.56 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $5.0B (-12.3% Y/Y) misses by $170M.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, ABAX, AFL, AIZ, AJG, AKAM, APC, ATRC, AXS, BGFV, BGS, BLDP, BOOM, BXMT, CBG, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CMP, CNI, CUZ, CVA, DDR, EIX, ESRX, ETH, EXAC, FEIC, FISV, FNF, GILD, GNMK, HIW, HLIT, HTS, INFN, IPCM, IPHI, KKR, MAC, MDWD, MRCY, NATI, NBR, NCR, NUVA, NVMI, OI, OMI, PEGA, PEI, PNRA, RGC, RPXC, RSYS, RUBI, SFLY, SKT, SKYW, SLCA, SM, STAG, SYA, TER, TSS, TWTR, UHS, ULTI, VCRA, VDSI, VRSK, WNC, WSH, XCO, ZLTQ
Sep. 10, 2015, 10:01 AM
- Citigroup boosts Aflac (AFL +0.6%) to Buy from Neutral.
- Bank of America (BAC -0.3%) is lifted to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo.
- BlackRock (BLK +0.6%) is upgraded to Outperform at Credit Suisse. The $382 price target is 28% above last night's close.
- Goldman lifts Lincoln National (LNC) to Buy from Neutral.
- Bankwell Financial Group (BWFG +0.6%) is boosted to Outperform at KBW.
- Previously: Goldman pulls sell recommendations on campus housing REITs (Sept. 10)
Aug. 27, 2015, 7:45 AM| Aug. 27, 2015, 7:45 AM
Aug. 24, 2015, 3:47 PM
- Insurer Aflac (AFL -3.3%) is expecting to process 2M claims this year in one day or less, it says, six months after it officially launched its "One Day Pay" program to speed up particular claims.
- CIO Julia Davis credits the company's move to Agile software development to enable the speedy turnaround, which happens via a Web portal clients use to upload support documents and pictures. Claims filed that way by 3 p.m. ET can be processed by midnight and paid out the following day, including via direct deposit.
- About 70% of total claims -- including hospital stays, cancer treatments and accidents -- are eligible to be paid through the program.
- It removes a human element from payout delivery, but the company is using speed as a sales point. A spokeswoman says enrollment is up because of One Day Pay and that customer satisfaction has increased 4% since it launched.
Aug. 19, 2015, 9:50 AM
Jul. 28, 2015, 4:46 PM
- AFLAC (NYSE:AFL) declares $0.39/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.5%
- Payable Sept. 1; for shareholders of record Aug. 19; ex-div Aug. 17.
Jul. 28, 2015, 4:30 PM
- Q2 operating earnings of $651M vs. $757M a year ago. Operating earnings per share of $1.50 fell 9.6% Y/Y, but the weaker yen/dollar exchange rate shaved $0.14 off of Q2 results. Excluding the yen's impact, operating EPS fell 1.2%.
- $233M or 3.7M shares bought back during Q2, bringing H1 purchases to $833M or 13.5M shares. Another 16M shares remaining under authorization.
- Book value per share of $39.52 slips from $42.97 a quarter earlier. Annualized operating ROE in Q2 of 19.1%, or 23.1% excluding the yen's impact.
- Company expects to be able to repatriate about ¥200B to the U.S. this year, reinforcing the plan to buy back $1.3B of common stock this year. Full-year operating EPS is expected to be $5.88-$6.17 per share should the yen average between 120 and 125 to the dollar. The midpoint of about $6.03 compares to consensus of $5.97.
- Conference call tomorrow at 9 ET
- Previously: AFLAC misses by $0.02, beats on revenue (July 28)
- AFL +0.3% after hours
Jul. 28, 2015, 4:15 PM
- AFLAC (NYSE:AFL): Q2 EPS of $1.50 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $5.29B (-9.4% Y/Y) beats by $50M.
Jul. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AFL, AIZ, AJG, AKAM, APC, ARI, ATML, ATR, ATRC, AXS, BBRG, BGFV, BLDP, BMR, BOOM, BWLD, BXMT, CALX, CAP, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CTXS, CUZ, DHT, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, ETH, EW, EXAC, EXAM, GAS, GCA, GILD, GPRE, HA, HT, HURN, IACI, IPHI, KIM, LNDC, MTSI, NATI, NCR, NEU, NGD, NUVA, NVDQ, NVMI, OIS, PEI, PNRA, RGR, RNR, RPXC, RRC, RSYS, RUBI, SLCA, SM, SPWR, SSW, TSS, TWTR, ULTI, VDSI, VR, VRSK, VRTU, WNC, WRI, WSH, X, YELP
Other News & PR