Wed, Sep. 14, 10:53 AM
- AFL +0.2% commenced public offering of two series of senior notes maturing on 2026 and 2046 respectively.
- Net proceeds to be used to repay 2.65% senior notes due 2017 of which $650M is outstanding and the balance for general corporate purposes.
- Joint active book-running managers: Goldman, Sachs & Co., Mizuho Securities USA Inc., Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC.
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:45 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:56 PM
- Q2 operating earnings of $707M or $1.71 per share vs. $651M and $1.50 one year ago. This year's result was boosted by $0.09 per share from the stronger yen/dollar exchange rate.
- 5.9M shares bought back during quarter for $400M, bring YTD buys to $1B. Another 32.3M shares remain in buyback authorization.
- Book value per share of $54.98 up from $48.22 three months earlier. Operating ROE of 18% in Q2, or 15.5% excluding the impact of the yen.
- CEO Daniel Amos: "I would remind you that the low interest rate environment continues to be challenging for investments, especially with negative interest rates in Japan, making it difficult to invest cash flows at attractive yields while maintaining a prudent risk tolerance."
- CC tomorrow at 9 ET
- Previously: AFLAC beats by $0.03, misses on revenue (July 28)
- AFL flat after hours
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:31 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Mon, Jun. 27, 11:16 AM
- The outperformance of low-P/E stocks that marked H1 is behind us, says RBC's Jonathan Golub, and it's time for the "Stable Growers" to re-asset leadership. He cautions about putting money to work too quickly though, noting the pullback so far has been limited.
- His list of Stable Growers (page 1, page 2): CHD, CL, CVS, K, MO, PEP, PG, PM, BCR, BDX, DGX, DVA, HSIC, JNJ, LH, MDT, SYK, TMO, UNH, ZBH, AFL, AON, MMC, TMK, CTAS, DHR, HON, ITW, LMT, MMM, NLSN, RSG, RTN, UPS, VRSK, WM, XYL, CMCSA, MCD, OMC, ADP, APH, EMC, MA, T, VZ, ECL, PX
Mon, May 23, 10:15 AM
Fri, May 20, 9:40 AM
- After an early dip to start the year, Aflac (AFL +0.1%) has put in a big run higher, and is now up nearly 15% YTD. KBW downgrades to Market Perform from Outperform.
Tue, May 10, 9:48 AM
- Aflac (NYSE:AFL) has run higher by nearly 25% since the Feb. 11 market bottom, and is now up 7.6% on year-over-year basis.
- FBR downgrades to Market Perform from Outperform, and cuts the price target to $68 from $71.
- The stock's up 0.75% today to $69.13.
- Now read: Aflac's (AFL) CEO Dan Amos on Q1 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript (April 27)
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:49 PM
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:26 PM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AFL, AIZ, AKAM, ARAY, ARI, ASH, AXS, BEAT, BLDP, BRX, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, BYD, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CMG, COF, CREE, CRUS, CUDA, CVA, EBAY, EEFT, EQR, EW, EXAC, FE, FOE, FSP, FTI, FTNT, HAWK, HIW, HLS, HUBG, IRBT, ISIL, JBSS, JBT, KLAC, MKTO, MRCY, MTSI, MWA, NANO, NCR, NUVA, O, PEI, PNRA, PSA, PSB, RHI, RMD, RNR, SKT, SLCA, T, TEX, TMK, TSS, TWTR, TX, ULTI, VNTV, WNC, WRB, X, ZIXI
Thu, Apr. 14, 9:50 AM
Thu, Feb. 25, 7:47 PM
- Facing low bond interest rates, Aflac (AFL +1.2%) more than tripled equity bets in its Japan unit during Q4, according to its filing today.
- In its 10-K, the company noted equity securities held by Aflac Japan of $493M -- up more than three times from the previous quarter's $126M, and more than 20 times the previous year's $23M.
- Shares had taken a hit in January (down 6.6%) after Japan adopted negative interest rates -- threatening the company's bond portfolio -- and CEO Dan Amos has been pursuing commercial loans and stocks to increase returns.
- The company will take a "measured approach" to adding assets, "which include public and private equity, hedge funds and other alternative-asset classes,” CFO Fred Crawford said in December.
- The insurer had started buying Japanese real estate ETFs last year, with those holdings valued at $103M at the end of Q3.
Mon, Feb. 1, 4:32 PM
- AFLAC (NYSE:AFL) declares $0.41/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.9%
- Payable March 1; for shareholders of record Feb. 16; ex-div Feb. 11.
Mon, Feb. 1, 4:27 PM
- AFLAC (NYSE:AFL): Q4 EPS of $1.56 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $5.32B (-3.4% Y/Y) beats by $110M.