Today, 5:37 PM
Today, 4:20 PM
Yesterday, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALEX, ALJ, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARAY, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATR, ATRC, AUY, AZPN, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOFI, BOOM, BSAC, BVN, CA, CATM, CBI, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CLD, CLMS, CNMD, COLM, COWN, CPT, CRUS, CUBE, CXP, CY, DECK, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, ESS, EXPE, FET, FII, FIX, FLEX, FLS, FORM, FPO, FR, FTNT, FTV, GIMO, GOOG, HBI, HIG, HLS, HTH, IART, IM, INT, INVA, IPHS, ISBC, ITGR, KAMN, KIM, KONA, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, MAA, MAC, MCK, MLNX, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSTR, NANO, NATI, NGD, NR, NSIT, NSR, OFC, OII, OIS, OMCL, OSIS, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PKD, POWI, PSMT, PXLW, RGC, RSG, SGEN, SHOR, SIMO, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPNC, SPSC, SRCL, SSD, SSNC, STRZA, SYK, SYNA, TDOC, TEAM, TFSL, TGB, TLGT, TMST, VCRA, VDSI, VR, VRSN, WRE, WRI, WSFS, YRCW
Fri, Oct. 7, 7:44 AM
- Alongside the Top Pick designation for VOYA is a $39 price target, suggesting 30% upside.
- Started at Underperform is Aflac (NYSE:AFL), with analyst John Nadel noting recent outperformance, global low rates as pressuring investment income, and the growing spread between U.S. and Japanese rates as boosting hedging costs. The $75 price target compares to yesterday's close of $72.07.
- Principal Financial Group (NYSE:PFG) also rates an Underperform, with Nadel noting more intense competition, exposure to FX and emerging markets volatility, and lower rates as maybe muting EPS growth and flatten margins.
- MetLife (NYSE:MET), Prudential (NYSE:PRU), Lincoln National (NYSE:LNC), Reinsurance Group of America (NYSE:RGA), AIG, and Unum Group (NYSE:UNM),
Wed, Sep. 14, 10:53 AM
- AFL +0.2% commenced public offering of two series of senior notes maturing on 2026 and 2046 respectively.
- Net proceeds to be used to repay 2.65% senior notes due 2017 of which $650M is outstanding and the balance for general corporate purposes.
- Joint active book-running managers: Goldman, Sachs & Co., Mizuho Securities USA Inc., Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC.
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:45 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:56 PM
- Q2 operating earnings of $707M or $1.71 per share vs. $651M and $1.50 one year ago. This year's result was boosted by $0.09 per share from the stronger yen/dollar exchange rate.
- 5.9M shares bought back during quarter for $400M, bring YTD buys to $1B. Another 32.3M shares remain in buyback authorization.
- Book value per share of $54.98 up from $48.22 three months earlier. Operating ROE of 18% in Q2, or 15.5% excluding the impact of the yen.
- CEO Daniel Amos: "I would remind you that the low interest rate environment continues to be challenging for investments, especially with negative interest rates in Japan, making it difficult to invest cash flows at attractive yields while maintaining a prudent risk tolerance."
- CC tomorrow at 9 ET
- Previously: AFLAC beats by $0.03, misses on revenue (July 28)
- AFL flat after hours
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:31 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Mon, Jun. 27, 11:16 AM
- The outperformance of low-P/E stocks that marked H1 is behind us, says RBC's Jonathan Golub, and it's time for the "Stable Growers" to re-asset leadership. He cautions about putting money to work too quickly though, noting the pullback so far has been limited.
- His list of Stable Growers (page 1, page 2): CHD, CL, CVS, K, MO, PEP, PG, PM, BCR, BDX, DGX, DVA, HSIC, JNJ, LH, MDT, SYK, TMO, UNH, ZBH, AFL, AON, MMC, TMK, CTAS, DHR, HON, ITW, LMT, MMM, NLSN, RSG, RTN, UPS, VRSK, WM, XYL, CMCSA, MCD, OMC, ADP, APH, EMC, MA, T, VZ, ECL, PX
Mon, May 23, 10:15 AM
Fri, May 20, 9:40 AM
- After an early dip to start the year, Aflac (AFL +0.1%) has put in a big run higher, and is now up nearly 15% YTD. KBW downgrades to Market Perform from Outperform.
Tue, May 10, 9:48 AM
- Aflac (NYSE:AFL) has run higher by nearly 25% since the Feb. 11 market bottom, and is now up 7.6% on year-over-year basis.
- FBR downgrades to Market Perform from Outperform, and cuts the price target to $68 from $71.
- The stock's up 0.75% today to $69.13.
- Now read: Aflac's (AFL) CEO Dan Amos on Q1 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript (April 27)
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:49 PM
- AFLAC (NYSE:AFL) declares $0.41/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.41%
- Payable June 1; for shareholders of record May 18; ex-div May 16.
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:26 PM
- AFLAC (NYSE:AFL): Q1 EPS of $1.73 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $5.45B (+4.2% Y/Y) beats by $190M.
- Shares +0.3%.
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AFL, AIZ, AKAM, ARAY, ARI, ASH, AXS, BEAT, BLDP, BRX, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, BYD, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CMG, COF, CREE, CRUS, CUDA, CVA, EBAY, EEFT, EQR, EW, EXAC, FE, FOE, FSP, FTI, FTNT, HAWK, HIW, HLS, HUBG, IRBT, ISIL, JBSS, JBT, KLAC, MKTO, MRCY, MTSI, MWA, NANO, NCR, NUVA, O, PEI, PNRA, PSA, PSB, RHI, RMD, RNR, SKT, SLCA, T, TEX, TMK, TSS, TWTR, TX, ULTI, VNTV, WNC, WRB, X, ZIXI