Tue, Apr. 7, 9:13 AM
Thu, Jan. 15, 9:16 AM
Tue, Jan. 13, 8:59 AM
- First Majestic Silver (NYSE:AG) +3.7% premarket after announcing record production of 4.2M silver equiv. oz. in Q4 and an annual record of 15.25M silver equiv. oz. in 2014.
- For 2015, AG anticipates total silver production of 11.8M-13.2M oz., or 15.3M-17.1M silver equiv. oz., and projects all-in sustaining costs of $13.96-$15.48 per payable silver oz.
Dec. 30, 2014, 4:18 PM
- With the dollar falling against the yen and pound and a minor flight to safety afoot - Treasurys are higher, stocks have closed moderately lower - COMEX gold is up 1.4% today to $1,197/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.6% to $16.20/oz. The gains have provided a lift to the volatile/beaten-down shares of gold and silver miners.
- Notable gold gainers: IAG +11.7%. ABX +3.6%. AUY +5.2%. NEM +3.6%. GG +4.6%. AU +4.2%. SBGL +4.9%. KGC +4.1%. AGI +5%. AEM +5.1%.
- Notable silver gainers: AG +7.6%. SVM +7.1%. SSRI +6.2%. SVM +6.4%. PAAS +3.9%. SVLC +5.2%. EXK +6.9%.
- ETFs with 3%+ gains: NUGT +10.1%. GDXJ +5.1%. USLV +9.7%. UBG +5.4%. USV +3.8%. SIVR +3.4%. AGQ +6.3%. BAR +3.2%. DBS +3.2%.
- The group rallied on Friday after the PBOC relaxed lending rules for banks, but sold off on Monday.
Dec. 26, 2014, 3:34 PM
- Spurred by hopes China's efforts to relax lending rules are a sign that broader (inflation-boosting) stimulus efforts are on tap, gold and silver prices are rallying, and taking the shares of miners up with them. COMEX gold is up 1.8% to $1,194.50/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.5% to $16.11/oz. GLD +1.7%. SLV +2.2%.
- Gold stocks: AUY +3%. GG +4.6%. AGI +4.1%. ABX +3.4%. KGC +3.7%. GFI +3.7%.
- Silver stocks: SLW +2.3%. SSRI +6.9%. PAAS +1.9%. AG +3.6%. CDE +4.1%. HL +4.2%. SVM +6.8%. EXK +5.4%. TAHO +5.3%.
- Like many other commodities names, the group was hit hard a month ago when crude prices plunged in response to OPEC's decision to leave oil production unchanged.
- ETFs: AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, GGBP
Dec. 23, 2014, 5:35 PM
Dec. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
Dec. 15, 2014, 5:37 PM
Nov. 28, 2014, 1:21 PM
- Already hit hard over the last two years by declining prices, gold and silver miners saw more pain today as commodity stocks in general got hammered thanks to OPEC's decision not to slash crude production.
- Decliners: ABX -8%. GG -6.1%. AUY -9.8%. KGC -8.2%. GFI -9.9%. SLW -7%. NEM -5.8%. AGI -6.9%. PAAS -9%. AG -15.4%. SSRI -11.6%. CDE -11.4%. HL -8.8%. TAHO -7.8%.
- Previous: Precious metals slide alongside oil; Swiss vote ahead
Oct. 31, 2014, 9:06 AM
Oct. 14, 2014, 9:46 AM
- First Majestic Silver (AG +2.5%) says total Q3 production at its five operating silver mines in Mexico surpassed 3.5M silver equiv. oz., up 5% Y/Y.
- As Q3 silver prices declined 19% Q/Q, AG says it is temporarily suspending silver sales in an attempt to maximize future profits; the suspension of sales will result in lower Q3 revenues and earnings but the company says the inventories of unsold ounces likely will be sold in Q4.
- After adjusting for Q3 and reduced expectations for Q4 due to a delay in accessing the higher grade El Colosso area at La Guitarra and additional planned maintenance at San Martin, AG revises its FY 2014 production guidance to 11.5M-11.7M silver oz. (14.6M-14.9M silver equiv. oz.)
Aug. 13, 2014, 9:57 AM
- First Majestic Silver (AG -5.5%) opens sharply lower after reporting Q2 earnings and revenues that came in below analyst estimates.
- Q2 production rose to a record 3,855,223 silver equiv. oz., up 6% Q/Q, primarily due to higher throughput rates at Del Toro and San Martin following each of their respective expansions.
- Due to the revised timing of the La Encantada expansion project, AG modifies its expected FY 2014 cost guidance: Cash costs are expected to remain in line with previous $8.67-$9.12 per payable silver oz., but all-in sustaining costs are expected to increase to $16.66-$16.96 from previous guidance of $15.87-$16.69.
- Maintains 2014 production guidance of 12.7M-13.3M oz. of silver, and 14.8M-15.6M silver equiv. oz.
Jul. 14, 2014, 9:45 AM
- First Majestic Silver (AG -5.1%) says production at its five operating silver mines in Mexico hit a record of ~3.86M silver equiv. oz. in Q2, up 18% Y/Y.
- Total ore processed at the five mines was ~671K metric tons, up 5% Q/Q but flat Y/Y; average silver grades rose 6% Y/Y to 212 g/ton and were relatively consistent with the previous quarter.
- Announces a spin-out of non-core exploration properties to Sundance Minerals.
Apr. 8, 2014, 8:49 AM
- First Majestic Silver (AG) +2.6% premarket after announcing that total production at its five operating silver mines in Mexico during Q1 reached a new quarterly record of ~3.63M silver equiv. oz., a 33% Y/Y increase.
- Total silver production consisted of nearly 2.9M oz. of silver, a 19% Y/Y increase; nearly 8.6M lbs. of lead, nearly 2.7M lbs. of zinc, and 3,375 oz. of gold also were produced, respective Y/Y increases of 112%, 60% and 113%.
Mar. 3, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Gold futures are surging in the wake of the crisis in Ukraine, and that's giving precious metals miners a big boost in early trading.
- AU +5.2%, GOLD +5%, GFI +4.6%, MUX +4.1%, BVN +3.9%, MVG +3.6%, SSRI +3.3%, IAG +3.2%, BTG +3.1%, HMY +3.1%, EXK +3.1%, ABX +2.8%, AUY +2.8%, SA +2.8%, SLW +2.7%, GG +2.7%, NEM +2.6%, HL +2.6%, KGC +2.3%, AGI +2.2%, AG +1.9%, NG +1.9%, PPP +1.8%, AUQ +1.6%, PAAS +1.2%, NGD +1%.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, JNUG, SLVP, RING, SILJ, GGGG, JDST, PSAU
Jan. 29, 2014, 9:49 AM
- As equities open in a broad-based decline, precious metals miners show early strength: ABX +4.1%, NG +4.1%, EXK +3.7%, GG +3.7%, IAG +3.3%, SA +2.9%, AG +2.8%, SSRI +3.1%, AUY +2.7%, GOLD +2.5%, NEM +2.3%, MVG +2.3%, SLW +2.2%, PAAS +2.2%, AU +2.1%, KGC +2.2% (Briefing.com).
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, IAU, AGQ, PHYS, DUST, SIL, SIVR, USLV, ZSL, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, GLDX, DZZ, UGLD, DGL, DSLV, DBS, SLVP, GLTR, DGZ, AGOL, DBP, JNUG, DGLD, GLDI, RING, GGGG, SLVO, WITE, SILJ, PSAU, TBAR, JDST, USV, UBG, JJP, RGRP, BLNG.
AG vs. ETF Alternatives
First Majestic Silver Corp is engagedin the production, development, exploration, & acquisition of mineral properties including silver production in Mexico. Its projects include La Encantada Silver Mine, La Parrilla Silver Mine &La Luz Silver Project.
Other News & PR