My Favourite Value Stock: AGCO Corporation
Thomas Clark • 28 Comments
Thomas Clark • 28 Comments
Yesterday, 3:30 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 10:31 AM
- Adjusted net income of $41.3M, or $0.51 per diluted share vs. $67.1M, or $0.77 in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by region: North America -8.5%; South America +13.1%; EMEA +1.7%; Asia/Pacific +18.6%.
- The company completed the acquisition of Cimbria Holdings Limited (Cimbria) on September 12.
- "2016 results reflect the adverse impact of operating in the lower end of the agricultural equipment cycle, particularly in North and South America," CEO Martin Richenhagen declared.
- Full-year earnings per share are expected to total $2.30 on net sales of $7.2B.
- Q3 results
Wed, Oct. 26, 8:24 AM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:30 PM
- AB, AGCO, AIT, ALLY, AOS, AVX, AVY, BA, BCO, BEN, BIIB, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CG, CMCSA, DTE, ENTG, EVR, EXAS, FDML, FLIR, GD, GNRC, GRA, GRMN, GRUB, HBAN, HES, HLT, IR, KO, LEA, LH, LRN, LUV, MDCO, MDLZ, MKTX, MMYT, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PAG, PB, POL, RES, ROL, SAIA, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SONS, SPG, STRA, STT, UCBI, VG, VLY, VNTV, WEC, WM, WOOF, WYN
Mon, Oct. 10, 9:51 AM
- AGCO (AGCO +4.6%) soars in early trade after Wells Fargo upgraded the stock to Outperform from Market Perform.
- "After three years of demand decline, the company will benefit from an anticipated bottoming in global farm equipment demand. More favorable indications in Brazil and Europe should benefit approximately 70% of the company's revenue mix," analyst Andrew Casey said in a research note.
- He raised his price target range for the stock to $60-$63 from $46-$49.
Thu, Aug. 4, 8:13 AM
- Adjusted net income of $83.6M, or $1.02 per diluted share vs. $110M, or $1.25 in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by region: North America -10.2%; EMEA +4.6%; South America -14.3%; Asia/Pacific -25.9%.
- "Weak global demand for agricultural equipment is expected to negatively impact AGCO’s sales and earnings in 2016," the company said in a statement, maintaining its full-year EPS guidance of $2.30 on net sales of $7B.
- Q2 results
Thu, Aug. 4, 8:04 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Tue, Jul. 26, 8:43 AM
Mon, Jul. 25, 2:58 PM
- Deere (DE -2.8%) is downgraded to Underweight from Neutral with a $67 price target, cut from $76, at Piper Jaffray, which believes the current agricultural downturn will persist into 2017 for a fourth consecutive year.
- After speaking with growers, agronomists and dealers, Piper analyst Brett Wong says growing conditions have been extremely favorable and he foresees further pressure on corn prices after another strong year of U.S. corn yields, and grain prices also will remain weak, resulting in further declines in farm machinery demand.
- Farm machinery OEM stocks continue to trade at elevated multiples, expecting that this year will be trough demand with a recovery next year; Piper believes that overall global farm machinery demand will be down next year, which does not support current expectations for the stocks, and that estimates and valuation multiples are at risk.
- The firm also downgrades AGCO (AGCO -3%) and CNH Industrial (CNHI -2.6%) to Underweight from Neutral with respective $37 and $5 price targets.
Wed, Jun. 29, 8:55 AM
- AGCO agrees to acquire Danish seed and grain handler Cimbria Holdings from Silverfleet Capital for ~$340M.
- Cimbria sales, which are expected to reach $240M in FY 2016, are concentrated in western Europe with growing exposure to eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- AGCO says Cimbria’s products complement its GSI offerings and provides an opportunity to grow its business and expand its margins.
Mon, Jun. 27, 3:19 PM
- AGCO (AGCO -5.9%) is downgraded to Underweight from Neutral with a $44 price target, cut from $47, at J.P. Morgan, citing weakening fundamentals in European agriculture and the rising dollar, which is expected to weigh on the company's North American business.
- JPM says AGCO has the greatest exposure to Europe in its machinery coverage, and notes that 60% of the company's EBIT comes from Europe, Africa and the Middle East, with another 16% from South America, where political and economic instability in Brazil continue to weigh on equipment demand.
- The firm also downgrades PACCAR (PCAR -6%) to Underweight from Neutral with a $47 price targets, lowered from $58, as the company's key end markets, especially the U.K., are likely to come under pressure in the near term, and North American truck fundamentals are expected to remain weak, with further production cuts expects in H2.
Fri, Jun. 3, 12:19 PM
- Deere (DE +1.6%) moves higher after Goldman Sachs upgrades shares to Buy from Neutral with a $105 price target, raised from $87, as the firm sees significant upside to the mid-cycle as crop inventories tighten.
- Analyst Jerry Revich says he now prefers the ag machinery group to truck and construction machinery, given that high horsepower farm equipment is at a 30-plus year trough and improving U.S. row crop commodity demand could outstrip supply in 2017-18 due to rising feed and export demand for the first time in the soft commodity inventory cycle.
- The firm raises DE's mid-cycle EPS estimate to $7.50 from $6.25, “driven by higher operating leverage due to R&D and overhead leverage.”
- Today's upgrade is the latest of a flurry of analyst love for DE in recent days (I, II).
- Other farm equipment stocks also are higher, including CNHI +4.5%, AGCO +1.7%, LNN +1.2%.
Thu, Apr. 28, 3:52 PM
- AGCO (NYSE:AGCO) declares $0.13/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 0.96%
- Payable June 15; for shareholders of record May 16; ex-div May 12.
Wed, Apr. 27, 8:10 AM
- AGCO (NYSE:AGCO): Q1 EPS of $0.11 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $1.56B (-8.2% Y/Y) beats by $90M.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, AGCO, ANTM, AOS, AVY, BA, BEN, BGCP, BHI, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CMCSA, CSL, DHX, DPS, DX, EVER, EVR, FDML, FI, GCI, GD, GIB, GPI, GRA, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, IART, IP, JLL, LDOS, LEA, LLL, LRN, MDLZ, MKTX, MVIS, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NMR, NOC, NS, OC, OSIS, PB, RDN, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SO, SONS, STM, STNG, STT, SUP, SXC, TGNA, TKR, TPH, UMC, UTX, VLY, WEX, WOOF