Amer Sports Oyi ADROTCPK - Current
Aug. 1, 2015, 11:49 AM
- Outdoor footwear sales rose 17% over the last year to mark a significant acceleration from the 1% growth seen in the preceding 12-month period, according to data from NPD Group.
- Performance shoes appear to be a category millennials will spend freely on to defy some of the group's organic-leaning, fashion-ambivalent, and account-sharing trends which have frustrated other pockets of retail. Just ask Coca-Cola, Vera Bradley, McDonald's, and Anheuser-Busch InBev about millennials and brand loyalty.
- Outdoor brands showing momentum over the last year include Merrell (NYSE:WWW), Nike (NYSE:NKE), Vasque (private), Salomen (OTC:AGPDF, OTCPK:AGPDY), Sorel (NASDAQ:COLM), Timberland (NYSE:VFC). High-flying Skechers (NYSE:SKX) and indie REI are also active in the category.
- The positive outdoor shoes sell-through rate in the U.S. is seen expanding globally. Wolverine Worldwide CEO Blake Krueger noted during his firm's earnings call that international demand for performance sandals, hiking, light hiking, and multisport products was strong.
Mar. 23, 2015, 11:02 AM
- Amer Sports (OTC:AGPDF, OTCPK:AGPDY) announces it acquired the Louisville Slugger brand from Kentucky's Hillerich & Bradsby Co. for $70M.
- The Finland-based company expects to close the deal for the equipment maker in Q2.
- The growth of baseball and softball into over 100 different countries gives Louisville Slugger a global reach.