Feb. 14, 2014, 4:17 AM
- Anglo American (AAUKF) made its second consecutive net loss in 2014 after the mining company wrote down wrote down $1.9B in the value of assets as commodity demand continued to be soft.
- Still, net losses narrowed to $961M from $1.47B a year earlier but badly missed consensus for a profit of $2.01B.
- Underlying profit fell 7% to $2.7B, above analyst forecasts of $2.38B.
- Total revenue +1% to $33.06B.
- Net debt rose to $10.7B from $8.5B and could reach $15B by the end of 2014.
- Despite the loss, Anglo American maintained its dividend at $0.85 a share. (PR)
AGPPY vs. ETF Alternatives
Anglo Platinum Ltd. is the holding company for a group of companies which operate platinum mines. In addition to platinum, the group mines and produces platinum group metals such as palladium, rhodium, iridium, ruthenium, osmium, nickel, copper and cobalt.
Other News & PR