Aug. 20, 2015, 7:26 AM
- Thinly traded micro cap Applied Genetic Technologies (NASDAQ:AGTC) is up 6% premarket on light volume in response to its announcement that its collaboration with Biogen is now effective and Biogen's equity investment closed. The partnership, announced on July 2, will focus on the development of a portfolio of AGTC's therapeutic programs, including candidates for orphan diseases of the retina that can lead to blindness.
- Previously: Biogen and AGTC team up in gene therapies for ophthalmic diseases; AGTC up 21% premarket (July 2)
Jul. 2, 2015, 9:11 AM
Jul. 2, 2015, 7:32 AM
- Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB) and (NASDAQ:AGTC) enter into a collaboration and license agreement to develop gene-based therapies for multiple ophthalmic diseases. The partnership will focus on the development of a portfolio of AGTC's therapeutic programs, including a clinical stage candidate and pre-clinical stage candidate, for orphan diseases of the retina that can lead to blindness in children and adults. The deal also includes options for early stage discovery programs in two ophthalmic diseases and one non-ophthalmic disorder. Biogen will make an equity investment in AGTC and will have a license for manufacturing rights.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Biogen will make an upfront payment of $124M to AGTC, including a $30M equity investment at $20.63 per share and certain prepaid R&D expenses. Biogen will have a license to AGTC's XLRS and XLRP programs and the option to license discovery programs for three additional indications at the time of clinical candidate selection.
- AGTC is eligible to receive more than $1B in upfront and milestone payments, including up to ~$473M for the two lead programs, and high single-digit to mid-teen royalties on net sales. Biogen will makes payments up to ~$593M across the discovery programs including royalties on net sales in the same range.
- AGTC CEO Sue Washer says, "We expect this collaboration to further validate our novel adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy platform and support the development of new therapies that may allow for transformative treatments of these rare inherited eye diseases and other clinical indications."
- AGTC will host a conference call this morning at 8:00 am ET to discuss the deal.
- AGTC is up 21% premarket on increased volume.
May 4, 2015, 3:26 PM
- Thinly-traded small cap Applied Genetic Technologies (AGTC -15.5%) slumps on on more than 2x normal volume, albeit on turnover of only 200K shares. Certain gene therapy companies are under pressure today in response to a study that showed the benefits of therapy waned after three years.
- Previously: Spark Therapeutics off 11% premarket on data showing benefits of gene therapy fail to persist (May 4)
May 4, 2015, 12:45 PM
Nov. 7, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 29, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 5, 2014, 12:49 PM
Jun. 2, 2014, 12:50 PM
Apr. 9, 2014, 12:45 PM
Apr. 7, 2014, 12:45 PM
Applied Genetic Technologies Corp. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company, which engages in developing gene therapy products designed to transform the lives of patients with severe diseases in ophthalmology. Its product candidates are designed to treat X-linked retinoschisis, Achromatopsia,... More
Country: United States