Asahi Kasei Corp. ADROTCPK - Current
Thu, Mar. 31, 10:44 AM
- Array BioPharma (ARRY +3.1%) inks a strategic collaboration with Tokyo-based Asahi Kasei Pharma (OTC:AHKSF)(OTCPK:AHKSY) to develop and commercialize certain Tropomyosin receptor kinase A (TrkA) inhibitors, including ARRY-954, for pain, inflammation and other non-cancer indications in Asia.
- Under the terms of the deal, Array will receive an upfront payment of $12M, up to $64M in milestones and double-digit royalties on net sales. Asahi will have exclusive rights to develop and commercialize the products in Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China for the indications mentioned above. Array retains the rights to all compounds ex-Asia. Within Asia, it retains the rights to all cancer indications for all compounds, exclusive of those licensed to Asahi.
- TrkA is the highest affinity receptor for Nerve Growth Factor (NGF). It is widely expressed on peripheral pain-sensing neurons. Preclinical studies have shown that blocking NGF/TrkA signaling with small molecule kinase inhibitors blocks peripheral pain responses, with therapeutic potential for a range of difficult-to-treat pain conditions like cancer, osteoarthritis, chronic low back pain and diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
- Now read Earnings Peek: Array BioPharma Has A Lot Going On, And A Lot of Money
Aug. 27, 2015, 10:51 AM
- Following the sale of its Separations Media business, Polypore (NYSE:PPO) has been fully acquired and will operate as a core company under the Asahi Kasei Group (OTCPK:AHKSY).
- The two will work together to integrate their technology to enable further development and growth of the battery separator business.
Feb. 23, 2015, 7:04 AM
- Asahi Kasei (OTCPK:AHKSY) has agreed to buy Polypore's (NYSE:PPO) energy storage segment, as it seeks to expand in the energy and environment business.
- Asahi Kasei will pay $60.50 per share in cash, a 14% premium to their $52.95 close on Friday, and representing an enterprise value of about $3.2B.
- Immediately prior to Asahi Kasei’s purchase of Polypore, 3M (NYSE:MMM) will acquire the assets of Polypore’s separations media business for about $1B and Asahi Kasei will receive the cash proceeds from asset sale.
- PPO +13.2% premarket