Thu, Aug. 25, 8:38 AM
Sun, Jul. 3, 2:50 PM
- via Barclays:
- "Although stocks in the U.S. and Europe have partially bounced back from the sharp selloff sparked by the U.K. referendum result, risks remain prevalent. [Analyst] Keith Parker foresees further equity downside alongside a prolonged market bottoming process, during which positioning is likely to turn much more defensive at active managers.
- "With this in mind, our stock screen this week highlights Overweight-rated stocks that screen defensively based on sector and equity beta but are also expected to generate superior ROE and free cash flows in FY1.
- "Our screen considers the following factors: i) Large-cap (US $5 billion+) stock in the consumer staples, utilities, telecom or healthcare sectors. ii) Adjusted beta less than 1.0. iii) Rated Overweight by Barclays equity research. iv) 15%+ ROE and 4.5%+ FCF yield expected in FY1, based on Barclays estimates."
- The stocks: Aetna (NYSE:AET), BT Group plc (NYSE:BT), Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH), Coloplast (OTC:CLPBF, OTCPK:CLPBY), CVS (NYSE:CVS), Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL), Express Scripts (NASDAQ:ESRX), Glanbia (OTC:GLAPF, OTCPK:GLAPY), Grifols (NASDAQ:GRFS), Imperial Brands (OTCQX:IMBBY, OTCQX:ITYBF), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY, OTCQX:AHODF, OTCQX:AHOND), LabCorp (NYSE:LH), Perrigo (NYSE:PRGO), Telus (NYSE:TU), Unilever (UL, UN), UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH)
- See full table here.
May 12, 2015, 3:19 AM
- Dutch food retailer Royal Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY) and Belgium's Delhaize (NYSE:DEG) have confirmed they are in talks about a possible $25B merger that could also create one of the largest supermarket operators across the Atlantic.
- Despite being based in Europe, both companies generate about 60% of their sales in the U.S.
- Ahold operates the Stop & Shop and Giant chains, as well as online grocery store Peapod, while Delhaize operates the Food Lion and Hannaford banners.
- Previously: Ahold, Delhaize surge on merger reports (May. 11 2015)
We are an international retailing group based in the Netherlands,with strong local consumer brands in Europe and the United States. Operating supermarkets and selling great food has been our core business for over a century. We also offer other formats and channels to serve the needs of today's... More
Industry: Grocery Stores