Wed, Nov. 11, 10:27 AM
- Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY) and Delhaize (DEG +3.2%) both trade higher with the merger of the two grocery companies still on track to occur in the middle of 2016.
- Management of Ahold confirmed the merger status along with Q3 earnings which came in ahead of consensus estimates. Results in the Netherlands and the U.S. were solid.
- Ahold Q3 results and presentation (.pdf)
Wed, Jun. 3, 10:34 AM
- Delhaize (DEG +5.6%) and Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY +4.1%) are working toward reaching a deal on a merger by the end of the month, according to Bloomberg.
- A combination could lead to annual cost savings of €300M ($337.6M) to €700M ($787.8M), estimate inside sources.
- Shares of both grocery chain stocks rose in European trading to be followed by similar action with the U.S. ADRs.
- Previously: Ahold, Delhaize confirm merger talks (May. 12 2015)
- Previously: Talk picks up over grocery chain consolidation (May. 14 2015)
Mon, May 11, 10:52 AM
- Delhaize (NYSE:DEG) is up 13.3% after reports on a merger with Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY +3.8%) drove up shares listed in Europe earlier today.
- The talk of industry consolidation has some other U.S. grocery stocks ahead of market averages as well.
- Grocery gainers: Kroger (NYSE:KR) +1.0%, Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM) +1.2%, Roundy's (NYSE:RNDY) +1.0%, Supervalu (NYSE:SVU) +1.0%, Fairway Group (NASDAQ:FWM) +0.9%, Ingles Markets (NASDAQ:IMKTA) +9.8% with earnings also a factor.
- Previously: Ahold, Delhaize surge on merger reports
Mon, May 11, 6:20 AM
- Royal Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY) and Delhaize (NYSE:DEG) surged in early European trading after weekend reports that the Dutch and Belgian retailers are in talks to merge, a deal that would pool U.S. chains Stop & Shop and Food Lion.
- Delhaize soared as much as 18%, valuing the company at €8.8B ($9.8B), while Ahold advanced as much as 10% for a valuation of €17B.
- Talks between the companies are at a preliminary stage, Belgian newspapers De Tijd and L'Echo reported on Saturday.
Ahold is an international food retailing group based in the Netherlands, operating leading supermarket companies in Europe and the United States. Ahold's supermarkets are powerful local brands with a strong focus on the customer, offering great value, a convenient and innovative shopping... More
Other News & PR