What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Wed, Jan. 13, 3:30 PM
- LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO -7.3%) earlier cut its Q4 guidance, saying the weak RevPAR trends for it and the industry continued into the end of the year. At the moment, 2016 isn't looking so promising either, says the company.
- The broad markets are selling off sharply today, but the REITs not so much, and there are even a couple of pockets of green. Not in the lodging sector though:
- Hospitality Properties (HPT -3.1%), Ashford Hospitality (AHT -6.1%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO -6.3%), Pebblebrook Hotel (PEB -4%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -4.9%), Summit Hotel (INN -5.6%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -6.3%), Chatham Lodging (CLDT -3.2%), FelCor Lodging (FCH -10.2%), Host Hotels (HST -5.5%), Hersha Hospitality (HT -5.1%), DiamondRock (DRH -7.4%), Apple (APLE -1.6%)
Oct. 27, 2015, 10:07 AM
- Another lodging REIT name logs a big loss as UBS's Robin Farley downgrades Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT -5.4%) to Sell from Neutral.
- The company last week took note of a late Labor Day and a shift in other holiday dates as leading to a sizable drop in business travel in Q3.
- Previously: Pebblebrook Hotel and LaSalle Hotel lead tough session for lodging REITs (Oct. 23)
Sep. 18, 2015, 10:13 AM
- Remington operates 93 hotels in 28 states with nearly 18K hotel rooms and roughly 8K associates. It's owned by Ashford's (AINC +12.4%) chairman and CEO Monty Bennett.
- The deal values Remington at an estimated EBITDA multiple of 9.4x, and out-of-pocket cash to Ashford is just $625K each quarter for the next four years. The combination is expected to be immediately accretive to normalized adjusted EPS.
- The deal is subject to receiving an acceptable private letter ruling from the IRS.
- Ashford will continue to look for opportunities to install Remington as the property manager at its managed REITs, AHT and AHP. "Remington has a long, demonstrated track record of outperforming other property managers and driving revenue and EBITDA growth at the hotels it manages," says Bennett.
- A conference call is set for today at 11 ET.
Sep. 15, 2015, 12:21 PM
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust last night said RevPAR this quarter could miss guidance thanks to weaker-than-expected demand in August and September. The stock is lower by 7.2%, and taking most of the rest of the sector along with it.
- Ashford Hospitality (AHT -2.7%), Ashford Hospitality Prime (AHP -1.8%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO -3.3%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -4%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -3.4%), Summit Hotel (INN -2%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -3.6%), Chatham Lodging (CLDT -2.2%), FelCor Lodging (FCH -4.1%), Host Hotels (HST -3.7%), DiamondRock (DRH -3.3%), Hersha Hospitality (HT -3.5%).
- Notable outperformers: Hospitality Properties (HPT -0.8%), Strategic Hotels (BEE flat).
Aug. 12, 2015, 9:54 AM
- Ashford Trust (AHT -6.3%) is leading the lodging REITs lower after a two-notch downgrade from Buy to Underperform from Bank of America. The team also throws in the towel on Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT -2.5%), cutting to Neutral from Buy.
- Previously: Ashford Trust: Our stock is undervalued (Aug. 6)
- Previously: Hersha lifts guidance as buybacks boost FFO per share (July 29)
Aug. 6, 2015, 12:27 PM
- The 10-year Treasury yield is down five basis points to 2.22% today, but investors continue to bail out of their income favorites.
- The IYR is lower by 1.2%, slightly worse than the market averages.
- National Retail Properties (NNN -1.5%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -2.2%), Starwood Property (STWD -1.4%), Equity Residential (EQR -1.1%), Government Properties (GOV -2%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -3%), Ashford Hospitality (AHT -4.7%), Liberty Property (LPT -2.2%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, RQI, SCHH, ICF, SRS, RWR, RNP, JRS, KBWY, RFI, NRO, DRV, RIT, REK, RIF, FRI, FTY, PSR, DRA, FREL, WREI, IARAX
May 7, 2015, 11:45 AM
- Q1 adjusted FFO of $34M or $0.30 per share vs. $24.8M and $0.25 one year ago.
- RevPAR for all hotels up 8.5% Y/Y to $110.69. RevPAR for those hotels not under renovation up 9.9% to $111.77.
- Hotel EBITDA up 12.7% for all hotels. EBITDA margin up 163 basis points. Adjusted EBITDA up 12.3%.
- Previously: Ashford Hospitality Trust beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (May 7)
- AHT +1.6%
Apr. 20, 2015, 5:38 PM
Apr. 9, 2015, 3:24 PM
- A weak 30-year bond auction has long-term Treasury yields on the move higher, with the 10-year up five basis points to 1.96%. One also can't help but notice a recent uptick in capital raising among the equity REITs.
- Realty Income (O -2.2%), Agree Realty (ADC -2.2%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -4%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW -2.5%), W.P. Carey (WPC -2.2%), Duke Realty (DRE -2.5%), Essex Property (ESS -2.9%), Aimco (AIV -3%), Simon Property (SPG -2.4%), Kimco (KIM -2.9%), Inland Real Estate (IRC -3%), DDR Corp (DDR -2.3%), Sovran Self Storage (SSS -2.2%), Washington Real Estate (WRE -4%), Digital Realty Trust (DLR -2%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -2.6%), Ashford Hospitality (AHT -2.4%), Stag Industrial (STAG -4.6%), American Campus (ACC -2.3%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, ICF, SCHH, RWR, KBWY, DRV, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI, FREL
- Previously: Treasury yields on the rise after weak 30-year auction (April 9)
Mar. 6, 2015, 10:31 AM
- Equity REITs are facing some competition as the 10-year Treasury yield has popped all the way to 2.24% (up 11 bps on the session) following the strong jobs report which saw 295K jobs added in February and the unemployment rate dropping to 5.5%.
- Checking short-term interest rate futures, they're falling (meaning higher rates), but still not pricing in a rate hike until late summer.
- The iShares U.S. Real Estate ETF (IYR -2.3%).
- Realty Income (O -3.7%), National Retail Properties (NNN -3.9%), Agree Realty (ADC -3.1%), Omega Heathcare (OHI -4.5%), Health Care REIT (HCN -3.5%), Ventas(VTR -3.7%), HCP (HCP -3.6%), Medical Properties (MPW -4%), Healthcare Trust (HTA -4%), AvalonBay (AVB -2.7%), Essex Property (ESS -2.3%), Simon Property (SPG -2.3%), General Growth (GGP -2.2%), Kimco (KIM -2.9%), Inland Real Estate (IRC -2.9%), DDR (DDR -2.7%), Federal Realty Investment (FRT -2.6%), Public Storage (PSA -2%), Sovran Self Storage (SSS -2.7%), Boston Properties (BXP -2.8%), First Potomac (FPO -3.2%), Digital Realty Trust (DLR -1.9%), Hospitality Properties (HT -2.1%), Ashford (AHT -2.7%), STAG Industrial (STAG -3%), American Campus (ACC -2.9%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, ICF, SCHH, RWR, KBWY, DRV, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI, FREL
- Previously: Dollar and Treasury yields spike after strong jobs print (March 6)
Feb. 19, 2015, 11:25 AM
- Maybe priced for perfection after big runs over the past couple of years, hotel REITs are pulling back after an earnings miss from Lasalle Hotel Properties (LHO -4.3%) and middling guidance from Host Hotels and Resorts (HST -5.4%).
- Hospitality Properties (HPT -1.5%), Ashford Hospitality (AHT -1.2%), Strategic Hotels (BEE -0.9%), Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB -1.7%), Summit Hotel (INN -2.2%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -2.3%), Chatham Lodging (CLDT -1.1%).
- Bucking the trend is Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT +1.1%) after beating Q4 consensus.
- Previously: Credit Suisse takes profits on Pebblebrook Hotel (Feb. 18)
Jan. 30, 2015, 9:58 AM
- Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT -3.7%) sells 9.5M shares at $10.65 each. The underwriters have the option to buy another 1.425M shares at that price.
- Previously: Ashford Hospitality Trust announces 9.5M share secondary (Jan. 29)
Jan. 29, 2015, 4:07 PM
- Proceeds will be used to help fund the purchase of the Memphis Marriott East hotel, the Lakeway Resort & Spa, and the company's JV partner's interest in PIM Highland JV.
- AHT -0.5% after hours
Jan. 6, 2015, 2:30 PM
- Equity REIT names are higher nearly across the board as the 10-year Treasury yield tumbles below 2%, but the hotel REITs aren't joining in the fun, suggesting maybe plunging oil prices (now at $47.76 per barrel) are foreshadowing a weak economy?
- Ashford Hospitality (AHT -1.9%), Strategic Hotels (BEE -1.3%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -0.9%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -1.7%), Summit Hotel (INN -1.2%).
- Previously: Equity REITs add to gains as long-term yields dive (Jan. 6)
Oct. 20, 2014, 10:01 AM
- Stifel steps into the Ebola-related downdraft in the lodging sector, upgrading the largest (by market cap) such REIT, Hospitality Property Trust (HPT +2.1%) to Buy with $30 price target.
- Other names: Ashford (AHT +1.2%), Strategic Hotels (BEE +0.8%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO +1.1%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO +0.6%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP +0.6%), Summit Hotel (INN +1.2%), Pebblebrook Hotel (PEB +0.7%).
Oct. 13, 2014, 4:19 PM
- Both equity and mortgage REITs saw plenty of buying as nearly all of the rest of the market was lit up bright red, and Treasury ETFs signaled a sharp drop in yields when government bonds reopen for trade tomorrow (closed this session for Columbus Day).
- A sampling of equity names: Senior Housing Properties (SNH +1.2%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW +1.4%), Gramercy Property Trust (GPT +1.7%), Equity Residential (EQR +0.7%), Inland Real Estate (IRC +0.9%), Sovran Self Storage (SSS +1.1%), Highwoods Properties Trust (HIW +1%).
- One equity REIT sector in the red along with the rest of the market is lodging amid worsening Ebola fears: Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT -2.9%), Sunshine Hotel Investors (SHO -1.4%), LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO -1.5%), Summit Hotel Properties (INN -1.5%).
- Mortgage REITs: American Capital Agency (AGNC +1.4%), CYS Investments (CYS +2.2%), Invesco (IVR +1.1%), American Capital Mortgage (MTGE +1.5%), Western Asset (WMC +1.1%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, REM, MORL, MORT, DRN, URE, REZ, SRS, RWR, SCHH, ICF, ROOF, DRV, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, IFNA, FNIO, WREI
Other News & PR