Thu, Aug. 4, 10:14 AM| Thu, Aug. 4, 10:14 AM
Mon, Jul. 11, 7:51 AM
- Donghai Airlines intends to purchase 25 737 MAX 8s and five 787-9 Dreamliners in a deal valued at more than $4B.
- Xiamen Airlines has signed an MOU to buy up to 30 737 MAX 200 planes worth $3.4B.
- Standard Chartered (OTCPK:SCBFF) announced an order for 10 Next-Generation 737-800s valued at $960M.
- Britain has signed a contract for nine new P-8A Poseidon military aircraft and 50 Apache AH-64E attack helicopters.
- Embraer (NYSE:ERJ) sealed an agreement with Boeing to jointly market and support its military cargo KC-390 aircraft.
- The U.S. planemaker also announced a redesign of the smallest member of its 737 MAX jet family, saying it would carry 12 more passengers.
- AirAsia (OTC:AIABF) is near a $12.6B deal for as many as 100 A321s.
- Virgin Atlantic is set to announce an order for at least 10 A350-1000s, worth more than $3.5B.
- Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) awarded CPI Aero (NYSEMKT:CVU) a contract valued at approximately $4M for next generation jammer pod structures.
- CAE won civil aviation training contracts valued at more than C$180M.
Wed, Jan. 13, 7:51 AM
Dec. 1, 2015, 8:15 AM
- Chronic problems with a faulty rudder system and the way pilots tried to respond were major factors in the crash of an Indonesian AirAsia (OTC:AIABF) jet last year that killed all 162 people on board, Indonesian investigators are reporting.
- The Airbus A320 (OTCPK:EADSY) crashed into the Java Sea on Dec. 28, less than halfway into a two-hour flight from Indonesia's second-biggest city of Surabaya to Singapore.
- "Airbus has just received the final accident report. We are now carefully studying its content," a spokesman said by email.
- Previously: AirAsia flight goes missing on way to Singapore (Dec. 28 2014)
Dec. 30, 2014, 5:15 AM
Dec. 30, 2014, 3:20 AM
- As the search for AirAsia (OTC:AIABF) flight QZ8501 continues, suspected remains and debris were spotted at around 11:00 Indonesia time by a pilot involved in the search operation.
- Objects resembling pieces of an airplane, a body, luggage, and a life vest were seen in the Karimata Strait, west of the Indonesian part of Borneo.
- AirAsia shares rebounded on Tuesday, rising 1.5%, after dropping more than 7% yesterday.
Dec. 29, 2014, 2:43 AM
- The missing AirAsia (OTC:AIABF) flight QZ8501 carrying 162 people to Singapore from Indonesia is thought to have crashed into the sea, says Reuters quoting a senior Indonesian rescue official.
- Shares in AirAsia fell 7.1% on Monday, their biggest one-day drop in more than three years.
- German insurer Allianz (OTCQX:AZSEY) is the lead re-insurer to the missing plane, and was the main re-insurer to flight MH370 that disappeared in March, as well as flight MH17 which was shot down in Ukraine.
Dec. 28, 2014, 9:56 AM
- An AirAsia (OTC:AIABF) passenger jet carrying 162 people went missing Sunday morning on its way to Singapore from Indonesia, gripping Southeast Asia with a second missing plane crisis in less than a year.
- Before communication was lost, a pilot on Flight QZ 8501 asked to deviate from its planned route because of bad weather.
- Airbus (OTCPK:EADSY), the maker of the jet, said that the plane had "accumulated approximately 23,000 flight hours in some 13,600 flights," and announced that it would provide full assistance to authorities.
May 29, 2012, 6:44 AM
Deutsche Bank sees consolidation in the global airline industry as a way out for pressured carriers, as it identifies Qantas (QUBSF.PK) ripe for the picking. In addition, analysts with the bank believe AirAsia (AIABF.PK), Air China (AIRYY.PK), Delta Air Lines (DAL), United Continental (UAL) and US Airways Group (LCC) are in the mix to seek partners to improve capital efficiency.| May 29, 2012, 6:44 AM | 1 Comment
Jun. 23, 2011, 7:51 AM
Airbus (EADSY.PK) seals a $17B booking from low-cost Malaysian airline AirAsia (AIABF.PK) for 200 A320neo jets plus an option for 100 more. The order characterizes a great Paris Air Show for Airbus, which has secured 730 aircraft orders and commitments worth $72.2B at list prices.| Jun. 23, 2011, 7:51 AM | 1 Comment