Arthur J.Gallagher & Co.NYSE
Thu, Dec. 1, 8:43 AM
- Analyst James Naklocki expects Travelers (NYSE:TRV) to "drag its feet" on factoring in lower tax rates into pricing, thus allowing margins/returns to stay high vs. peers.
- Commercial line insurance brokers like TRV and Chubb (NYSE:CB) would seem to benefit most from a big infrastructure bill promised by the incoming president.
- He upgrades to Buy from Neutral with a Street-high $130 price target (about 15% upside).
- Alongside, he downgrades Arthur J. Gallagher (NYSE:AJG) to Neutral from Buy, saying mid-sized brokers could have a tough time growing organically if U.S. commercial pricing falls. For AJG in particular, its tax credit producing clean coal business is likely to suffer under the next administration.
- Source: Bloomberg
Thu, Oct. 27, 4:32 PM
Thu, Oct. 27, 1:08 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALEX, ALJ, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARAY, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATR, ATRC, AUY, AZPN, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOFI, BOOM, BSAC, BVN, CA, CATM, CBI, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CLD, CLMS, CNMD, COLM, COWN, CPT, CRUS, CUBE, CXP, CY, DECK, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, ESS, EXPE, FET, FII, FIX, FLEX, FLS, FORM, FPO, FR, FTNT, FTV, GIMO, GOOG, HBI, HIG, HLS, HTH, IART, IM, INT, INVA, IPHS, ISBC, ITGR, KAMN, KIM, KONA, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, MAA, MAC, MCK, MLNX, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSTR, NANO, NATI, NGD, NR, NSIT, NSR, OFC, OII, OIS, OMCL, OSIS, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PKD, POWI, PSMT, PXLW, RGC, RSG, SGEN, SHOR, SIMO, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPNC, SPSC, SRCL, SSD, SSNC, STRZA, SYK, SYNA, TDOC, TEAM, TFSL, TGB, TLGT, TMST, VCRA, VDSI, VR, VRSN, WRE, WRI, WSFS, YRCW
Mon, Sep. 26, 1:21 PM
- Citing lower-than-anticipated margin expansion in brokerage and slower organic growth in risk management, Barclays' Jay Gelb trims his 2016 EPS estimate to $2.82 from $3.10 and 2017 to $2.76 from $3.05.
- The move comes following AJG's investor meeting on Friday. Gelb, however, maintains his Overweight rating and $52 price target (current price is $50.43).
- "AJ Gallagher can expand margins in Brokerage if organic revenue growth exceeds 3 percent," says Gelb. "The company currently appears more focused on growth than margin expansion."
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:06 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:59 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Mon, Jul. 11, 3:55 PM
- With the stock price above $130, it's a "good time for investors to take their foot off the gas a little," says Charles Sebaski, downgrading Chubb (CB -0.2%) to Market Perform from Outperform. He remains bullish on the long-term prospects, but after a 25% Y/Y run higher, it's time to "wait for a better entry point."
- Checking the rest of BMO's property & casualty coverage, Outperform-rated names are James River Group (JRVR +0.4%), Hanover Insurance (THG +0.5%), Arthur J. Gallagher (AJG +0.6%). Market Perform: AIG (AIG +0.6%), Travelers (TRV +0.1%), Aon (AON +0.6%), Brown & Brown (BRO -0.7%), Marsh & McLennan (MMC).
Tue, May 24, 5:35 PM
- Arthur J. Gallagher (AJG +1.2%) is heading to the S&P 500, to replace Coca-Cola Enterprises (NYSE:CCE).
- That move is effective after Friday's close, when the bottling operation is expected to close on a merger with Coca-Cola Iberian Partners and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke, into Coca-Cola European Partners -- which will be ineligible for the index as it will be domiciled in Spain.
- At the same time, SmallCap 600 constituent Education Realty Trust (NYSE:EDR) will take Gallagher's place in the Midcap 400, and American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings (NYSE:AXL) will replace EDR in the SmallCap 600.
- After hours: AJG +0.5%; CCE -0.6%; EDR +1.2%; AXL +4.6%.
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:40 PM
- Arthur J.Gallagher (NYSE:AJG): Q1 EPS of $0.34 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $1.3B (+5.7% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:00 PM
- Arthur J.Gallagher (NYSE:AJG) declares $0.38/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.37%
- Payable June 17; for shareholders of record June 3; ex-div June 1.
Tue, Feb. 2, 4:51 PM
- Arthur J.Gallagher (NYSE:AJG): Q4 EPS of $0.59 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $1.33B (+7.3% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Mon, Feb. 1, 5:35 PM
Thu, Jan. 28, 5:13 PM
- Arthur J.Gallagher (NYSE:AJG) declares $0.38/share quarterly dividend, 2.7% increase from prior dividend of $0.37.
- Forward yield 4.19%
- Payable March 18; for shareholders of record March 4; ex-div March 2.