Yesterday, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AIZ, AKAM, AKR, ALDR, AMP, APC, ARI, ASH, AXS, BCR, BJRI, BLDP, BVN, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, CAVM, CB, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CNO, CSV, CTXS, CUZ, CVA, DDR, DMRC, DOX, EQR, ETH, EW, FSP, FTK, GHL, GLF, GMED, HUBG, HURN, ILMN, IRBT, JBT, JNPR, KN, LLTC, LNDC, MDR, MTCH, MTSI, NANO, NCR, NUVA, OIS, PEI, PNRA, PSB, QTS, RGC, RHI, RNR, RRC, RSYS, SGEN, SKT, TGB, TRMK, TRU, TSS, TWTR, UDR, UHS, UIS, ULTI, UMBF, USNA, VR, WES, WGP, WNC, X, ZION, ZIXI
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:28 PM
- Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) has slipped 1.5% after hours despite a beat on top and bottom lines in its Q1 results.
- EBITDA of $234M was up 5% sequentially and beat an expected $228.4M. Non-GAAP income from operations grew 1% sequentially, to $164M (operating margin of 29%, down 2 percentage points Y/Y).
- Revenue by segment: Performance and Security Solutions, $316M (up 16%); Media Delivery Solutions, $206M (down 4%); Services and Support Solutions, $46M (up 16%). In Performance and Security Solutions, Cloud Security Solutions revenue was $81M (up 46%).
- International results showed stronger gains by geo (up 24% to $170M, vs. U.S. gains of 2% to $397M).
- Conference call to come at 4:30 p.m. ET.
- Press Release
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:03 PM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AFL, AIZ, AKAM, ARAY, ARI, ASH, AXS, BEAT, BLDP, BRX, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, BYD, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CMG, COF, CREE, CRUS, CUDA, CVA, EBAY, EEFT, EQR, EW, EXAC, FE, FOE, FSP, FTI, FTNT, HAWK, HIW, HLS, HUBG, IRBT, ISIL, JBSS, JBT, KLAC, MKTO, MRCY, MTSI, MWA, NANO, NCR, NUVA, O, PEI, PNRA, PSA, PSB, RHI, RMD, RNR, SKT, SLCA, T, TEX, TMK, TSS, TWTR, TX, ULTI, VNTV, WNC, WRB, X, ZIXI
Tue, Feb. 9, 6:00 PM
- Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) has guided on its Q4 earnings call for Q1 revenue of $554M-$570M and EPS of $0.61-$0.64 vs. a consensus of $567.1M and $0.61. The outlook appears to be better than feared in light of the Q4 guidance given in October.
- The CDN owner also forecast its two biggest media delivery customers (Apple is likely one of them, Microsoft could be another) would drop to 6% of revenue from 13%.
- Shares are now up to $45.89 after hours.
- Akamai's Q4 beat, details/reorg/$1B buyback
Tue, Feb. 9, 4:22 PM
- Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) has used its Q4 report to announce a $1B buyback authorization - it's good for repurchasing over 12% of shares at current levels, and lasts through the end of 2018. The company spent $100M in Q4 to buy back 1.7M shares at an average price of $60.14, and $303M over the whole of 2015 to buy back 4.5M shares at an average price of $67.05.
- Akamai has also announced a reorg: Starting in Q2, each of the company's "current products and development organization and global sales, channels and marketing teams will be re-aligned into two divisions to focus on the company's Media and Web customers and solutions." Several execs reporting to CEO Tom Leighton will have "evolved responsibilities" following the shakeup.
- Boosting Q4 sales: Performance & Security Solutions revenue rose 16% Y/Y in Q4 to $286M, aided by a 46% increase in Cloud Security Solutions revenue to $73M. Media Delivery revenue (lower-margin, pressured by the growing use of in-house CDNs by major clients) fell 2% to $247M. Service & Support Solutions revenue rose 18% to $46M.
- U.S. revenue (hurt by Media Delviery weakness) rose just 5% to $416M. However, international revenue rose 17% to $163M (27% exc. forex). GAAP operating costs/expenses rose a moderate 5% to $456.5M.
- Akamai has jumped to $44.82 after hours.
- Akamai's Q4 results, earnings release
Tue, Feb. 9, 4:06 PM
Mon, Feb. 8, 5:35 PM
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:15 PM
- Though Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) beat Q3 estimates (moreso on EPS than revenue), it guided on its earnings call for Q4 revenue of $557M-$577M and EPS of $0.60-$0.64, below a consensus of $596.7M and $0.65. The company notes revenue from large media accounts is expected to drop in Q4 - Apple and Netflix, which have been building their own CDNs, are potential culprits.
- Top-line performance: Media delivery revenue (lower-margin) rose 5% Y/Y in Q3 to $245M. Performance/security revenue rose 15% to $263M, cloud security 39% to $65M, and service/support 19% to $43M. U.S. revenue rose 10% to $401M, and international 12% (27% exc. forex) to $150M. Forex had a 4% impact on total revenue growth (11% to 15%).
- Financials: GAAP costs/expenses rose 15% Y/Y to $435.3M. $76M was spent to buy back 1.1M shares at an average price of $72.02. Akamai ended Q3 with $1.5B in cash and $619M in convertible debt.
- Shares have tumbled to $64.95 after hours.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 27, 2015, 4:04 PM
- Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM): Q3 EPS of $0.62 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $551.03M (+10.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.74M.
- Shares -1.75%.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, ABAX, AFL, AIZ, AJG, AKAM, APC, ATRC, AXS, BGFV, BGS, BLDP, BOOM, BXMT, CBG, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CMP, CNI, CUZ, CVA, DDR, EIX, ESRX, ETH, EXAC, FEIC, FISV, FNF, GILD, GNMK, HIW, HLIT, HTS, INFN, IPCM, IPHI, KKR, MAC, MDWD, MRCY, NATI, NBR, NCR, NUVA, NVMI, OI, OMI, PEGA, PEI, PNRA, RGC, RPXC, RSYS, RUBI, SFLY, SKT, SKYW, SLCA, SM, STAG, SYA, TER, TSS, TWTR, UHS, ULTI, VCRA, VDSI, VRSK, WNC, WSH, XCO, ZLTQ
Jul. 28, 2015, 5:06 PM
- While its Q2 revenue was in-line and EPS missed by just a penny, Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) has guided on its earnings call for Q3 revenue of $543M-$555M and EPS of $0.56-$0.58, below a consensus of $565.1M and $0.62.
- Forex had a 4% impact on Q2 sales growth. U.S. revenue +16% Y/Y to $399M; international +7% to $142M (+22% exc. forex). Media Delivery revenue +12% to $244M; performance/security solutions (higher-margin) +15% to $256M; service/support +14% to $41M. $63M was spent on buybacks.
- Shares have tumbled to $66.00 in AH trading.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 28, 2015, 4:03 PM
- Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM): Q2 EPS of $0.57 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $540.72M (+13.6% Y/Y) in-line.
Jul. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AFL, AIZ, AJG, AKAM, APC, ARI, ATML, ATR, ATRC, AXS, BBRG, BGFV, BLDP, BMR, BOOM, BWLD, BXMT, CALX, CAP, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CTXS, CUZ, DHT, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, ETH, EW, EXAC, EXAM, GAS, GCA, GILD, GPRE, HA, HT, HURN, IACI, IPHI, KIM, LNDC, MTSI, NATI, NCR, NEU, NGD, NUVA, NVDQ, NVMI, OIS, PEI, PNRA, RGR, RNR, RPXC, RRC, RSYS, RUBI, SLCA, SM, SPWR, SSW, TSS, TWTR, ULTI, VDSI, VR, VRSK, VRTU, WNC, WRI, WSH, X, YELP
Apr. 29, 2015, 3:39 PM
- Down sharply in AH trading yesterday after providing soft Q2 guidance to go with in-line Q1 results, Akamai (AKAM -1%) has erased most of its losses with the help of an upgrade to Buy from Deutsche. The firm has hiked its target by $6 to $79.
- Deutsche: "[W]e see the nearterm capitulation in the stock as an attractive entry point into secular growth drivers in FY16+ in Cloud Security and Media Delivery ... FY16+ growth drivers for AKAM's Media Delivery business in Internet HD and 4K Video Streaming, Multi-Player Gaming, etc. 2016 is also like to see meaningful spikes in Internet Web and Video traffic from the Summer Olympics, etc."
- On its CC (transcript), Akamai estimated a strong dollar will have a $3M impact on Q2 sales relative to Q1, and a $22M impact relative to Q2 2014. The company also noted it spent $67M in Q1 to buy back ~900K shares at an average price of "just over $67."
Akamai Technologies, Inc. provides cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications. It provides its services to improve the delivery of content and applications over the Internet. The company's solutions include delivery of conventional content on... More
Industry: Internet Software & Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR