Tue, Oct. 27, 5:15 PM
- Though Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) beat Q3 estimates (moreso on EPS than revenue), it guided on its earnings call for Q4 revenue of $557M-$577M and EPS of $0.60-$0.64, below a consensus of $596.7M and $0.65. The company notes revenue from large media accounts is expected to drop in Q4 - Apple and Netflix, which have been building their own CDNs, are potential culprits.
- Top-line performance: Media delivery revenue (lower-margin) rose 5% Y/Y in Q3 to $245M. Performance/security revenue rose 15% to $263M, cloud security 39% to $65M, and service/support 19% to $43M. U.S. revenue rose 10% to $401M, and international 12% (27% exc. forex) to $150M. Forex had a 4% impact on total revenue growth (11% to 15%).
- Financials: GAAP costs/expenses rose 15% Y/Y to $435.3M. $76M was spent to buy back 1.1M shares at an average price of $72.02. Akamai ended Q3 with $1.5B in cash and $619M in convertible debt.
- Shares have tumbled to $64.95 after hours.
- Q3 results, PR
Tue, Oct. 27, 4:04 PM
Mon, Oct. 26, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, ABAX, AFL, AIZ, AJG, AKAM, APC, ATRC, AXS, BGFV, BGS, BLDP, BOOM, BXMT, CBG, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CMP, CNI, CUZ, CVA, DDR, EIX, ESRX, ETH, EXAC, FEIC, FISV, FNF, GILD, GNMK, HIW, HLIT, HTS, INFN, IPCM, IPHI, KKR, MAC, MDWD, MRCY, NATI, NBR, NCR, NUVA, NVMI, OI, OMI, PEGA, PEI, PNRA, RGC, RPXC, RSYS, RUBI, SFLY, SKT, SKYW, SLCA, SM, STAG, SYA, TER, TSS, TWTR, UHS, ULTI, VCRA, VDSI, VRSK, WNC, WSH, XCO, ZLTQ
Tue, Jul. 28, 5:06 PM
- While its Q2 revenue was in-line and EPS missed by just a penny, Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) has guided on its earnings call for Q3 revenue of $543M-$555M and EPS of $0.56-$0.58, below a consensus of $565.1M and $0.62.
- Forex had a 4% impact on Q2 sales growth. U.S. revenue +16% Y/Y to $399M; international +7% to $142M (+22% exc. forex). Media Delivery revenue +12% to $244M; performance/security solutions (higher-margin) +15% to $256M; service/support +14% to $41M. $63M was spent on buybacks.
- Shares have tumbled to $66.00 in AH trading.
- Q2 results, PR
Tue, Jul. 28, 4:03 PM
Mon, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- AFL, AIZ, AJG, AKAM, APC, ARI, ATML, ATR, ATRC, AXS, BBRG, BGFV, BLDP, BMR, BOOM, BWLD, BXMT, CALX, CAP, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CTXS, CUZ, DHT, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, ETH, EW, EXAC, EXAM, GAS, GCA, GILD, GPRE, HA, HT, HURN, IACI, IPHI, KIM, LNDC, MTSI, NATI, NCR, NEU, NGD, NUVA, NVDQ, NVMI, OIS, PEI, PNRA, RGR, RNR, RPXC, RRC, RSYS, RUBI, SLCA, SM, SPWR, SSW, TSS, TWTR, ULTI, VDSI, VR, VRSK, VRTU, WNC, WRI, WSH, X, YELP
Wed, Apr. 29, 3:39 PM
- Down sharply in AH trading yesterday after providing soft Q2 guidance to go with in-line Q1 results, Akamai (AKAM -1%) has erased most of its losses with the help of an upgrade to Buy from Deutsche. The firm has hiked its target by $6 to $79.
- Deutsche: "[W]e see the nearterm capitulation in the stock as an attractive entry point into secular growth drivers in FY16+ in Cloud Security and Media Delivery ... FY16+ growth drivers for AKAM's Media Delivery business in Internet HD and 4K Video Streaming, Multi-Player Gaming, etc. 2016 is also like to see meaningful spikes in Internet Web and Video traffic from the Summer Olympics, etc."
- On its CC (transcript), Akamai estimated a strong dollar will have a $3M impact on Q2 sales relative to Q1, and a $22M impact relative to Q2 2014. The company also noted it spent $67M in Q1 to buy back ~900K shares at an average price of "just over $67."
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:03 PM
- Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) has guided on its Q1 CC for Q2 revenue of $532M-$547M and EPS of $0.55-$0.59. The former is below a $544.8M consensus at the midpoint; the latter is entirely below a $0.63 consensus.
- As is the case for many other tech companies, a strong dollar has taken a heavy toll on the CDN leader: Q1 revenue growth was 20% Y/Y in constant currency, and 16% in actual dollars. International revenue rose 21% in constant currency, and 7% in actual dollars to $137.6M. U.S. revenue rose 20% to $389M.
- Media delivery revenue (lower-margin, affected by Apple's CDN buildout) rose 12% to $241.8M; performance/security solutions (higher-margin) rose 21% to $245M, and service/support solutions 12% to $39.7M.
- Shares have fallen to $71.00 AH. They went into earnings just $1.24 away from a high of $77.31.
- Q1 results, PR
Tue, Apr. 28, 4:03 PM
Mon, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, ACHC, AEGN, AFL, AHGP, AKAM, AMCC, ANIK, ARI, ARLP, AUY, AZPN, BGFV, BLDP, BMR, BOOM, BWLD, BXMT, CALX, CBL, CEB, CGI, CHE, CINF, CLF, CMRE, CNL, CRUS, DDR, DHT, EEFT, EIX, EPIQ, EPR, EQR, ESRT, ESRX, EXAC, FARO, FEIC, GNW, GPRE, GPRO, HAWK, HELE, HIW, HLIT, HURN, IACI, INAP, IPHI, KALU, KBR, KRFT, LOGM, MRCY, MSTR, MTSI, MWA, NANO, NATI, NCR, NVDQ, OHI, OI, OTEX, PEI, PNRA, RNG, RPXC, RRC, RSYS, SKT, SLCA, SWI, TAHO, TE, TPX, TSS, TWTR, ULTI, VRSK, WDC, WRI, WSH, WYNN, X, XCO, XOOM
Tue, Feb. 10, 5:28 PM
- Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) has guided on its Q4 CC (webcast) for Q1 revenue of $517M-$534M and EPS of $0.60-$0.63, in-line with a consensus of $528.4M and $0.62. A semi-cautious outlook was expected on account of forex.
- Security services (a high-margin business) remain a strong point for the CDN leader: It now has 1.7K security customers, up from nearly 800 a year ago. Media (a lower-margin business) also outperformed, thanks in part to strong gaming services demand.
- GAAP costs/expenses rose 25% Y/Y in Q4 to $400.2M (compares with 23% revenue growth). $42M was spent on buybacks.
- Shares are at $64.61 AH, putting them near a 52-week high of $65.39. Q4 results, PR.
Tue, Feb. 10, 4:03 PM
Mon, Feb. 9, 5:35 PM
Oct. 29, 2014, 6:48 PM
Oct. 29, 2014, 4:03 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, ACHC, ACMP, AEGN, AEM, AFOP, AHL, AIZ, AKAM, ALDW, ALL, ANIK, ARAY, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, AUY, AXS, BGC, BIDU, BLKB, BMR, CACI, CALX, CAR, CATM, CAVM, CBG, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CJES, CLD, CLUB, CMO, CNW, CRL, CRUS, CSGP, CSII, CUZ, CW, CWT, DAC, DRE, DRIV, DWA, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXL, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISH, FLEX, FLTX, FMC, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, GLUU, HBI, HOS, HT, IPI, IRG, ISIL, JDSU, KEX, KRFT, KS, LGCY, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MASI, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MOBL, MTGE, MUR, NCLH, NE, NEU, NEWP, NSIT, OII, PDM, PEIX, PGTI, PPC, PRXL, PSMI, PVA, QGEN, QTM, QUIK, RFMD, RGR, RJF, RNG, RRC, RRTS, RST, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SLCA, SPN, SPRT, SSNC, SSS, STR, SU, TEX, TFSL, TGB, TGI, THG, TRLA, TTMI, TTWO, UNM, V, VECO, VGR, VPRT, VR, WLL, WMB, WPZ, WSTL, WTW
Other News & PR