Oct. 29, 2014, 6:48 PM
Oct. 16, 2014, 1:41 PM
- Stating checks indicate Akamai's (AKAM -2.2%) media traffic has dropped in October, Wells Fargo has downgraded the CDN leader to Market Perform, and cut its valuation range to $57-$61 from $70-$75.
- Wells is also worried about the impact of a strong dollar on Akamai's foreign sales. eBay disclosed yesterday forex is taking a toll on its 2H14 performance.
- Akamai was hit earlier this year by news major customer Apple is following Netflix's lead by building its own CDN; the CDN went live this summer. The company has made cutting its dependence on low-margin media delivery sales a priority.
- Rival Limelight (LLNW -2.5%), more dependent on media delivery than Akamai, is also off. Akamai's Q3 report is due on July 30.
Jul. 31, 2014, 9:11 AM| 4 Comments
Jul. 30, 2014, 4:56 PM
- Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM) guides on its Q2 CC for Q3 revenue of $484M-$496M and EPS of $0.55-$0.58, largely above a consensus of $484.8M and $0.55.
- Gross margin rose 160 bps Y/Y in Q2 to 68.6%. But total GAAP costs/expenses rose 30% (exceeded revenue growth of 26%) thanks to big increases in sales/marketing and R&D spend.
- $71M was spent on buybacks at an average price of $54.89.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 24, 2014, 9:45 AM
- Akamai (AKAM +1.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Macquarie. Q2 results are due on July 30.
- Unisys (UIS +7.9%) has been upgraded to Positive by Susquehanna. Shares crashed yesterday following a Q2 miss.
- Chip assembly/test firms ASX (ASX -4.6%) and Siliconware Precision (SPIL -1.7%) have respectively been cut to Neutral and Underweight by JPMorgan.
- As part of a coverage launch for Chinese Internet stocks, Citi has started Dangdang (DANG +6.3%), Weibo (WB +1.4%), Jumei (JMEI +2.5%), and Cheetah Mobile (CMCM +2.1%) at Buy.
May. 1, 2014, 4:59 PM
Feb. 6, 2014, 12:46 PM
Feb. 6, 2014, 9:15 AM
Feb. 5, 2014, 5:28 PM
- Akamai (AKAM) has guided on its Q4 CC for Q1 revenue of $426M-$442M and EPS of $0.51-$0.55, soundly above a consensus of $412.8M and $0.49.
- The CDN market leader says the guidance takes into account the renegotiation of a contract with its top media customer (widely believed to be Apple).
- Shares have added to the gains they initially saw on news of Akamai's Q4 beat.
Feb. 5, 2014, 4:02 PM| Comment!
Oct. 24, 2013, 9:56 AM
- Angie's List (ANGI -3.9%) has been cut to Neutral by B. Riley after missing Q3 estimates and issuing below-consensus Q4 revenue guidance. However, shares have pared the majority of yesterday's AH losses.
- F5 (FFIV +1.6%) has been cut to Neutral by BofA/Merrill after beating FQ4 estimates and issuing mixed FQ1 guidance. Shares have given back most of yesterday's AH gains.
- Fusion-io (FIO -23.6%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley after providing FQ1 guidance that was far below consensus, and disclosing its CFO and sales chief are leaving.
- Akamai (AKAM -9.3%) has been cut to Neutral by Macquarie after providing disappointing Q4 guidance to go with a Q3 beat and buyback announcement.
- Citrix (CTXS +4.2%) has been cut to Neutral by Susquehanna after providing soft (but better-than-feared) Q4 guidance to go with Q3 numbers that were slightly above the guidance ranges given in a recent warning.
- Rogers (RCI -2.3%) has been cut to Neutral by Macquarie after posting Q3 results.
- Cadence (CDNS -6.2%) has been cut to Hold by Needham after slightly missing Q3 revenue estimates and providing soft Q4 revenue guidance.
- Vipshop (VIPS +0.9%) has been started at Outperform by CLSA.
Oct. 24, 2013, 9:12 AM
Oct. 23, 2013, 5:45 PM
Oct. 23, 2013, 5:42 PM
- Initially higher AH in response to its Q3 beat, Akamai (AKAM) has sold off after guiding on its CC for Q4 revenue of $412M-$430M and EPS of $0.49-$0.53; the midpoints of those ranges are below a consensus of $423.8M and $0.52.
- Akamai partly blames the guidance on e-commerce-related weakness - eBay recently stated Q4 U.S. demand could be soft, but then backtracked a bit - and negotiations with a major media client. The company in question could be Netflix, which has been moving traffic to its Open Connect CDN.
- Separately, Akamai has announced a new $750M buyback program, good for repurchasing 8.7% of shares at currently levels. The program replaces one that was used to buy back $30M worth of shares in Q3.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 23, 2013, 4:04 PM
Sep. 27, 2013, 9:48 AM| Comment!
AKAM vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR