Air Lease Corp. Sells Off, Allowing A Great Entry Opportunity
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Interest Rate Volatility Bodes Ill For Air Lease Stock
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Nov. 6, 2014, 4:38 PM
- Air Lease (NYSE:AL) says it is entering into a joint venture with a co-investment vehicle arranged by Napier Park Global Capital to invest in commercial aircraft and leasing them to airlines around the world.
- The JV is expected to acquire total aircraft assets of ~$2B by year-end 2016, with up to $500M in equity and the remainder financed by a committed $750M warehouse credit facility and other forms of debt financing; ALC will provide management services over a 12-year period to the venture for a servicing fee based upon aircraft assets under management.
- Also: Air Lease beats by $0.02, beats on revenue
Nov. 6, 2014, 4:27 PM
- Air Lease (NYSE:AL): Q3 EPS of $0.58 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $261.94M (+21.3% Y/Y) beats by $2.11M.
- Shares -0.33%.
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACET, AEL, AGO, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, ANAC, ANET, APEI, ARC, AUQ, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BNFT, BPZ, BRKR, BRS, CFN, CLVS, CPST, CSC, CVT, DAR, DIOD, DIS, DVA, DXCM, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EGOV, ELON, ENOC, ENV, EVC, EZPW, FF, FI, FICO, FIVN, FNGN, FSLR, FTEK, FWM, FXCM, GST, GXP, HCI, HGR, HNSN, HPTX, HTGC, IGT, INFI, JJSF, KING, KOG, KTOS, LGF, LNT, LOCO, MATX, MDRX, MDVN, MITK, MM, MNST, MNTX, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NES, NFG, NKTR, NOG, NU, NVDA, NVDQ, OLED, ONTY, PCTY, PFMT, PRO, PSEC, PSIX, QTWO, RBCN, RENT, RIG, ROVI, RPTP, RRMS, RSYS, RXN, SAPE, SF, SFM, SLXP, SPPI, SSTK, SWKS, TCRD, TKMR, TRMR, TRNX, TUMI, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, VOLC, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WIFI, XOMA, XOXO, YUME, ZGNX, ZNGA
Sep. 19, 2014, 11:43 AM
- The president of a major jetliner leasing company is urging caution by Boeing (BA +0.5%) and Airbus (OTCPK:EADSF, OTCPK:EADSY) in raising production rates of jetliners, saying their plans to do so put suppliers at risk of breakdown.
- Suppliers already are operating at "absolute capacity," Air Lease (AL -0.9%) President John Plueger says, as Boeing considers lifting the rate of its 737 jetliner to 52/month by 2018 from the current 42, and Airbus studies making its A320 plane at a rate of 50/month vs. 42 at present.
- Suppliers will need to spend "a good amount of capital" to match the higher output levels Boeing and Airbus are considering, so aircraft makers need to listen carefully to suppliers and "not go forward with over-ambitious production rates," Plueger says.
Aug. 7, 2014, 4:28 PM
- Air Lease (NYSE:AL): Q2 EPS of $0.58 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $256M (+23.2% Y/Y) beats by $9.84M.
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALJ, ALNY, AMRN, AMRS, ANAC, ANET, ASYS, ATLS, AUQ, BCEI, BCOR, BIOL, BNFT, BNNY, BOFI, BPZ, CARA, CBS, CENT, CFN, CLNE, CLVS, CPST, CSC, CUBE, CVT, DAR, DIOD, DMD, DV, EAC, EBS, ECPG, ED, EGOV, ELX, ENOC, FF, FI, FRT, FWM, FXCM, GHDX, GST, GXP, HGR, HTGC, IRG, KTOS, LGF, MASI, MDVN, MED, MELI, MNST, NES, NFG, NOG, NVDA, NWSA, OLED, OPLK, PFMT, PODD, PRO, PSIX, QTWO, RATE, RBCN, RENT, RPTP, RRMS, SCTY, SEM, SFM, SHOR, SLXP, SPPI, SSTK, TEAR, TRNX, TRUE, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VOLC, VVUS, WIFI, XOMA, ZNGA,
Jul. 14, 2014, 3:15 PM
- Boeing (BA +1.2%) is poised to win orders from two jet-leasing companies for narrow- and wide-body planes valued at as much as $9.2B, with the deals announced at the Farnborough Air Show possibly as soon as tomorrow, Bloomberg reports.
- Air Lease (AL +2.4%) reportedly may buy 20 of Boeing’s 737 Max single-aisle jet and six 777 wide-bodies, while BOC Aviation may commit to at least 50 of the Max jets.
- Even so, Airbus (EADSF, EADSY) grabbed more than $21B in firm orders and sales deals on the opening day of the Farnborough forum, nearly triple the tally for Boeing.
Jun. 2, 2014, 4:36 AM
- Airbus (EADSF, EADSY) is still deciding the details for its possible re-engined A330. If produced, COO John Leahy feels the plane will sell more than 1,000 units and stretch production through 2030.
- The company is already seeing demand for the possible A330neo. Air Lease (AL) expressed interest yesterday for a purchase of the newly upgraded planes.
- Pressure is building as rival Boeing (BA) upgrades to the new 777X and 737 MAX, and have received FAA approval for longer routes on the new 787 Dreamliner.
May 8, 2014, 4:35 PM
- Air Lease (AL): Q1 EPS of $0.57 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $246M (+28.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.58M.
May 7, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACET, ADEP, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALNY, AMRS, APEI, AREX, ATHX, AUQ, BCEI, BEBE, BIOS, BPZ, BRKS, CBS, CLNE, CLVS, CPE, CSC, CUTR, DAR, DEPO, DIOD, DMD, DVR, EAC, EBS, ECPG, ED, ELON, ENOC, ENV, EVC, FF, FRT, FUEL, FXEN, GCAP, GRUB, GXP, JAZZ, JCOM, JMBA, KRO, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MNST, MNTX, MTD, NES, NFG, NOG, NUAN, NVDA, OLED, ORA, PAAS, PFMT, PPO, PXLW, QTWO, RPTP, SF, SGMS, SLW, SLXP, SPPI, SSRI, SSTK, SYMC, TNGO, TUES, TUMI, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WIFI, XNPT, ZGNX.
May 5, 2014, 4:43 AM
- International Lease Finance Corp (ILFC) has added Leonard Green & Partners to a case in which the air-leasing company is suing rival Air Lease (AL) for allegedly stealing trade secrets and other confidential information.
- Air Lease was set up by ILFC founder Steven Udvar-Hazy and other former executves.
- ILFC has accused Leonard Green, which was an early Air Lease investor, of helping Air Lease's managers breach "their fiduciary duties and duty of loyalty to ILFC and for unfair competition."
- The legal dispute comes ahead of the sale of ILFC by AIG to AerCap Holdings (AER) in a $5.4B cash-and-stock deal that is expected to close this month. AIG will hold a 46% stake in the enlarged AerCap, which intends to shift its fleet of almost 1,000 aircraft to an entity with a tax residence in Ireland, no doubt to benefit from the country's low rates.
- Meanwhile, ILFC said Q1 profit soared to $124.1M from $49.6.
Feb. 27, 2014, 5:38 PM
Feb. 27, 2014, 4:06 PM
- Air Lease Corp (AL): Q4 EPS of $0.55 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $242.90M (+27.8% Y/Y) beats by $16.51M.
Feb. 27, 2014, 12:10 AM
- ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Feb. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Nov. 21, 2013, 9:29 AM
- Air Lease (AL) -5.3% premarket after pricing its secondary public offering of ~10.1M common shares by affiliates of Ares Management, Leonard Green & Partners and WL Ross & Co. at $31.50/share.
- AL is not selling any shares and will receive no proceeds from the sale nor incur any expenses from the sale.
Air Lease Corp. is an aircraft leasing company. It engages in the purchase and leasing of commercial jet transport aircraft to airlines worldwide. The company sells aircraft from its operating lease portfolio to third parties, including other leasing companies, financial services companies and... More
Industry: Rental & Leasing Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR