Alpha Gen Capital
Darspal S Mann
Jul. 14, 2014, 3:15 PM
- Boeing (BA +1.2%) is poised to win orders from two jet-leasing companies for narrow- and wide-body planes valued at as much as $9.2B, with the deals announced at the Farnborough Air Show possibly as soon as tomorrow, Bloomberg reports.
- Air Lease (AL +2.4%) reportedly may buy 20 of Boeing’s 737 Max single-aisle jet and six 777 wide-bodies, while BOC Aviation may commit to at least 50 of the Max jets.
- Even so, Airbus (EADSF, EADSY) grabbed more than $21B in firm orders and sales deals on the opening day of the Farnborough forum, nearly triple the tally for Boeing.
Feb. 27, 2014, 5:38 PM
Nov. 21, 2013, 9:29 AM
- Air Lease (AL) -5.3% premarket after pricing its secondary public offering of ~10.1M common shares by affiliates of Ares Management, Leonard Green & Partners and WL Ross & Co. at $31.50/share.
- AL is not selling any shares and will receive no proceeds from the sale nor incur any expenses from the sale.
Nov. 20, 2013, 5:39 PM
May 9, 2013, 5:54 PM
Nov. 15, 2011, 10:06 AM
Air Lease (AL) falls 6.8% after pushing forward a plan to offer $300M of convertible senior notes. The company plans to use the proceeds to fund the acquisition of commercial aircraft and for general corporate purposes.| Nov. 15, 2011, 10:06 AM
Nov. 11, 2011, 10:20 AM
Air Lease (AL -1.8%) falls off after posting an earnings beat last night. CEO Steven Udvar-Hazy strikes an upbeat tone in an earnings CC, reiterating that demand for new aircraft is outstripping supply and global factors will drive airlines toward leasing solutions. "We do not see signs of airlines throttling back on their demand for new aircraft."| Nov. 11, 2011, 10:20 AM
Aug. 12, 2011, 10:29 AM