Aldeyra: Small Pharma, Smart Pipeline, Acquisition Potential
Kanak Kanti De
Kanak Kanti De
Thu, May 26, 11:01 AM
Thu, May 26, 9:18 AM| Thu, May 26, 9:18 AM | 1 Comment
Mon, May 9, 9:29 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Aldeyra Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ALDX) is up 11% premarket, albeit on only 700 shares, in response to its announcement that lead product candidate, NS2, was comparable to standard-of-care topical ocular corticosteroids in reducing anterior chamber cell count in patients with active anterior noninfectious anterior uveitis in a Phase 2 study.
- 45 subjects were randomized equally to receive NS2 0.5% four times a day or Pred Forte 1% (corticosteroid) four times a day or NS2 0.5% four times a day and Pred Forte twice daily. There were no statistical differences among all groups in any clinical endpoint. NS2 was generally well-tolerated with no serious adverse events observed.
- NS2 is an aldehyde-binding molecule or aldehyde trap. By decreasing aldehyde load, it may mitigate excessive inflammation caused by excess aldehydes.
- Previously: Aldeyra's lead product candidate successful in mid-stage study in allergic conjunctivitis; shares up 38% (Feb. 29)
Mon, Feb. 29, 12:55 PM
Mon, Feb. 29, 7:35 AM
- Aldeyra Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ALDX) announces positive results in a Phase 2a clinical trial assessing lead product candidate, topical ocular NS2, in subjects with induced allergic conjunctivitis (AC).
- 100 healthy men and women with at least a two-year history of AC related to grass, tree or ragweed pollen were randomized to receive either NS2 or vehicle. They were then challenged with a conjunctival allergen provocation test (CAPT). Results were measured on a 0-to-4 patient-determined scale of ocular itching and tearing, the two most common inflammation-related symptoms of AC. There was a statistically significant difference in the NS2 cohort compared to vehicle in both ocular itching (p<0.05) and tearing (p<0.05). The effects of NS2 persisted across all time points in the three hours following CAPT challenge despite a stronger-than-anticipated vehicle (placebo) effect.
- NS2 was well-tolerated with no safety issues observed, although transient and mild stinging was noted in the treatment arm.
- Data from a Phase 2 study in anterior uveitis should be available in Q2.
- NS2 is an aldehyde-binding molecule. By decreasing aldehyde load, it may mitigate excessive inflammation caused by excess aldehydes.
- Management will host a conference call this morning at 8:00 am ET to discuss the data.
- Update: Shares are up 38% on a 26x surge in volume in early trading.
May 8, 2015, 9:16 AM| May 8, 2015, 9:16 AM | 4 Comments
Jan. 28, 2015, 12:44 PM
Jan. 20, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jan. 16, 2015, 3:39 PM
- Recent IPO and thinly-traded nano cap Aldeyra Therapeutics (ALDX +27.5%) heads north on a 4x surge in volume albeit on modest turnover of 76K shares. The company just closed a private placement of 1.1M shares of common stock at $7 per share with warrants to purchase 1.1M shares of stock at $9.50, raising $7.8M.
Oct. 30, 2014, 12:47 PM
Sep. 15, 2014, 12:48 PM
Jul. 17, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jul. 16, 2014, 12:37 PM
Jun. 19, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aldeyra Therapeutics, Inc. operates as a biotechnology company. It is primarily focused on the development of new products for immune-mediated, inflammatory, orphan and other diseases that are thought to be caused in part by naturally occurring toxic chemical species known as free aldehydes. The... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR