Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc.NASDAQ
Alaska Communications Intriguing After The Sell-Off
Terrier Investing • 15 Comments
Terrier Investing • 15 Comments
Thu, Aug. 4, 3:48 PM
- Alaska Communications (ALSK +1.2%) kept up a pivot toward business and wholesale in its Q2 earnings where it swung to a profit but fell short on revenue (one estimate).
- Net income was $0.3M vs. a year-ago loss of $4.9M. Net cash from operations was $8.7M; free cash flow was -$5M.
- EBITDA rose to $14M from a year-ago $11.1M.
- Capex was $8.5M vs. a year-ago $20.2M; cash balance is at $22.2M and net debt is $163.8M.
- Revenue by segment: Business and wholesale, $33.9M (up 8.6%); consumer, $9.5M (down 6.4%); regulatory, $12.9M (down 3.6%).
- The company again affirmed 2016 guidance: wireline revenue of about $228M, EBITDA of about $59M, capex of $35M and free cash flow of about $5M.
- Press Release
Thu, Aug. 4, 7:14 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Mon, May 9, 10:37 AM
- Alaska Communications (NASDAQ:ALSK) is up 5.1% now after this morning's Q1 earnings saw it edging expectations while revenue shifted more heavily toward the business and wholesale side.
- Total wireline performance was "robust" at near-5% growth, the company said, but overall revenues slipped more than 14% without the prior year's commitment from a now-disposed wireless unit ($12.1M revenues a year ago).
- Revenue breakout: Total business and wholesale, $33.6M (up 11.9%); consumer, $9.5M (down 7%).
- It reaffirmed full-year guidance for wireline revenue of about $228M, EBITDA of about $59M (vs. consensus of $58.2M), capex of $35M and free cash flow of about $5M.
- Conference call to come at 2 p.m. ET.
Mon, May 9, 7:06 AM
- Alaska Communications (NASDAQ:ALSK): Q1 EPS of $0.00 in-line.
- Revenue of $56.34M (-14.4% Y/Y) beats by $0.56M.
Sun, May 8, 5:30 PM
Thu, Mar. 3, 9:48 AM
- Alaska Communications (NASDAQ:ALSK) is up 2.9% after reporting Q4 earnings that beat expectations on top and bottom lines as the company achieved planned synergies from the sale of its wireless business.
- Revenues fell 27% as the company transitioned out of wireless operations; in continuing wireline sales, revenues grew 5.8%. EBITDA was $13.8M, bringing run-rate adjusted EBITDA to $55.4M.
- Revenue breakout: Business and wholesale service, $32.2M (up 15.7%); Consumer service, $9.7M (down 6.3%); Access and Other, $14.8M (down 4%).
- At year-end, net debt was $161.7M and cash at $36M.
- The company's guiding to 2016 revenue of about $228M, vs. expected $224M (one estimate), adjusted EBITDA of about $59M, capex of $35M and free cash flow of $5M.
- Conference call to come at 3 p.m. ET.
Thu, Mar. 3, 7:08 AM
- Alaska Communications (NASDAQ:ALSK): Q4 EPS of $0.01 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $56.63M (-26.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.31M.
Wed, Mar. 2, 5:30 PM
Tue, Feb. 9, 1:38 PM
- CyrusOne (CONE +0.3%) and Alaska Communications (ALSK -3.2%) have set a partnership where the latter will serve as a channel partner and use CyrusOne's Houston data center to give business/government customers secure storage alongside connectivity to Alaska.
- "Our customers trust us to securely enable their migration to the cloud," says Alaska Communications chief Anand Vadapalli, "and this partnership now connects Alaska businesses to any of CyrusOne's Lower 48 data centers."
- The deal will provide interconnectivity via CyrusOne's Internet Exchange to dispersed strategic data center sites in the continental U.S.
Mon, Feb. 1, 9:46 AM
- Alaska Communications (NASDAQ:ALSK) is up 0.9% after saying it's bought back $10M in convertible notes.
- The purchases are private deals to reacquire 6.25% notes due 2018, for $9.75M in cash. It leaves $94M of those notes outstanding.
- "In the last year, we reduced the balance on our term loan facilities by $232.7 million, completed refinancing transactions resulting in current maturities with due dates no earlier than 2018, and repurchased a total of $20.0 million of Convertible Notes, including this most recent repurchase," CEO Anand Vadapalli says.
Nov. 10, 2015, 3:56 PM
- Alaska Communications (ALSK +0.5%) has closed on a $25M term loan from Crystal Financial, funds that it will use for general purposes and to refinance a facility maturing in 2016.
- The debt is a second lien term loan. With the divestiture of its wireless division, Alaska Communications is pursuing a material change to the business.
- The carrier most recently reported total debt of $197.9M and cash on hand of $36.8M.
Nov. 5, 2015, 7:13 AM
- Alaska Communications (NASDAQ:ALSK): Q3 EPS of $0.02 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $54.74M (-30.2% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AES, AGIO, AGU, AINV, ALSK, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, ANSS, APA, ATHM, AZN, BBEP, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BEE, BR, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CELG, CLDT, CNK, CNP, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COTY, CROX, CSTM, CWEI, DNR, DUK, EGL, ENB, ENDP, ENOC, ESI, FUN, GEO, GLOG, GLP, GOGO, HFC, HGG, HII, HRC, INSY, IRC, IT, ITC, ITG, KATE, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LINE, LPI, LXP, MEG, MGA, MITL, MPEL, MPW, MSG, MSO, MVIS, MZOR, NDLS, NGS, NHI, NILE, NRP, OGE, OMED, PBH, PDCE, PRFT, PRIM, PWE, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RGLD, RICE, RL, RLGY, RRD, RVLT, RWLK, SCOR, SEAS, SFM, SFY, SJI, SNSS, SPAR, SRC, SRPT, SSTK, STN, STWD, SYMC, TAP, TDC, TE, THS, TIME, TK, TLP, TNK, TRXC, TU, USAC, VC, VER, VIVO, WAC, WIN, WPP, ZEUS
Sep. 15, 2015, 9:08 AM
- Alaska Communications (NASDAQ:ALSK) has closed on $100M in refinanced credit, including a $10M revolving loan, which it's using to pay off its outstanding $80M loan.
- "The cost of the facility is similar to our current facility, which was scheduled to mature next year," says CFO Wayne Graham.
- The move means the telecom has no debt maturing sooner than 2018.
Aug. 10, 2015, 9:50 AM
- Alaska Communications (NASDAQ:ALSK) is off 2.3% after swinging to a net loss in Q2 as it transitions away from wireless toward broadband and IT Managed Services.
- The firm beat revenue expectations despite a 31% drop-off tied to selling its wireless business in February. Adjusted EBITDA of $11.1M beat an expected $8.96M.
- Revenue breakout: Business/wholesale service revenue, $29.9M (up 7.7%); consumer service revenue, $10.1M (down 3.1%); equipment sales, $1.3M (up 4.6%); access, $8.5M (down 5.5); high cost support, $4.9M (down 30.5%).
- Looking forward the company pointed to a "record-breaking month" of new sales activity in July (signing deals for annualized new revenues of $7.8M) and reiterated its full-year guidance for revenues of $220M (light of an expected $231.5M) and run-rate adjusted EBITDA exiting 2015 of $54M-$56M.
- Conference call to come at 2 p.m. ET.