Jan. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 21, 2014, 4:46 PM
- Xilinx (XLNX) shares are off 3.6% AH following the company's FQ3 report, which delivered a $13.6M top-line miss.
- Management guides for FQ4 revenue of $598.7M-$622.2M (+2%-6% sequentially) vs. analyst expectations ranging from $610M-$632M (average of $621.1M). Opex in FQ4 is seen at $226M.
- Revenue from 28nm products hit $100M during the quarter, driven by sales of Kintex-7 and the Zynq-7000 family (which more than doubled sequentially).
- Expansion in Asia-Pacific led the way, contributing 40% of revenue in FQ3 (up from 34% in FQ3 FY2013).
- PR, Conference call at 5pm ET
- Shares of Altera (ALTR) are off 0.6% AH in sympathy.
Oct. 22, 2013, 6:08 PM
- In addition to missing FQ3 revenue estimates, Altera (ALTR) is guiding for FQ4 revenue to be down 3% to up 1% Q/Q; that's worse than a consensus for 6% growth.
- While archrival Xilinx (XLNX - down 0.7% AH) saw 10% Y/Y sales growth in the Sep. quarter, Altera saw a 10% decline, evidence of share loss. However, Xilinx's Dec. quarter Q/Q sales growth guidance (-2% to +2%) isn't far removed from Altera's.
- An 18% Y/Y drop in telecom/wireless chip sales (41% of revenue) dinged Altera's FQ3. Industrial, military, and automotive chip sales (23% of total) rose 1%; networking, computer, and storage (19% of total) was flat, and "Other" (17% of total) was down 12%.
- Book-to-bill was below 1. Opex rose 6% Y/Y thanks to moderate increases in R&D and sales/marketing spend. Gross margin was 68.2%, and is expected to be at 68.5% (+/- .5%) in FQ4.
- FQ3 results, PR
Oct. 22, 2013, 4:18 PM
Oct. 22, 2013, 12:10 AM
Oct. 21, 2013, 5:35 PM
Oct. 16, 2013, 5:05 PM
- Xilinx (XLNX) expects FQ3 (Dec. quarter) revenue to be down 2% to up 2% Q/Q; the consensus is for a 1.4% increase.
- FQ2 non-GAAP EPS (excludes a $0.09 litigation charge) was $0.58, beating a consensus of $0.53. Gross margin was 69.5%, +50 bps Q/Q and +350 bps Y/Y, and above guidance of 69%. FQ3 gross margin is expected to be around 69%.
- Telecom/data center chip sales (43% of revenue) -3% Y/Y in FQ2 vs. -2% in FQ1. Industrial, aerospace, and defense (38% of revenue) was strong, +32% vs. +9%; broadcast, consumer, and automotive saw a turnaround, +17% vs. -5%.
- R&D spend +12% Y/Y to $125M, SG&A +4% to $96.3M. $70M spent on buybacks.
- XLNX -4.5% AH. Archrival ALTR -2.8%.
- FQ2 results, PR
Jul. 23, 2013, 5:48 PMTech guidance roundup: 1) Electronic Arts (EA - earnings) expects FQ2 revenue of $975M and EPS of $0.12, below a consensus of $976M and $0.15. FY14 guidance is for revenue of $4B and EPS of $1.20, in-line with consensus. 2) Altera (ALTR - earnings) expects FQ3 sales to rise 5%-9% Q/Q, in-line with a 7.2% consensus. 3) RF Micro (RFMD - earnings) expects FQ2 revenue of $305M-$310M and EPS of $0.10-$0.11 vs. a consensus of $306.8M and $0.10. 4) Linear (LLTC - earnings) expects FQ2 revenue to be up 2%-5% Q/Q, mostly above a 2.2% consensus. EA +7% AH. ALTR +1.5%. RFMD -0.7%. LLTC +1.5%. (PRs: Electronic Arts, Altera, RF Micro, Linear) | Jul. 23, 2013, 5:48 PM | Comment!
Jul. 23, 2013, 4:18 PM
Jul. 23, 2013, 12:10 AM
Jul. 22, 2013, 5:35 PMNotable earnings after Tuesday’s close: AAPL, ACC, ACE, AEC, ALTR, BCR, BRCM, CPWR, DFS, EA, FBC, FNB, FTI, HA, HLIT, HTS, IGT, ILMN, IRBT, JNPR, KFN, LLTC, NBR, NSC, PEI, PLCM, PNRA, RE, RFMD, RHI, RKT, T, TSS, UIS, USNA, VASC, VMW, VOCS, WCN, ZIXI | Jul. 22, 2013, 5:35 PM | Comment!
Jul. 17, 2013, 5:20 PMXilinx (XLNX) is guiding for FQ2 revenue to be flat to up 3% Q/Q. That implies a range of $579M-$596M, above a $561.6M consensus. Shares +3.3% AH in response to the guidance and Xilinx's strong FQ1 beat, which was aided by a 300 bps Q/Q increase in gross margin to 69%. Gross margin is seen holding steady in FQ2. Industrial, Aerospace, & Defense sales +10% Q/Q and +9% Y/Y.. Telecom/data center +8% Q/Q and -2% Y/Y, Broadcast, Consumer, & Automotive +4% Q/Q and -5% Y/Y. Wired telecom and aerospace/defense are named strong points, as were sales of 28nm chips (exceeded $50M). Altera (ALTR) +2.5%. Citi upgraded Xilinx last Friday. (PR) | Jul. 17, 2013, 5:20 PM | Comment!
Apr. 25, 2013, 4:51 PMTech guidance roundup: 1) Synaptics (SYNA - earnings) expects FQ4 revenue of $190M-$205M, way above a $158.2M consensus. Strong mobile sales +57% Y/Y in FQ3) responsible. 2) Qlik (QLIK - earnings) expects Q2 revenue of $104M-$108M and EPS of -$0.02 to $0.00 vs. a consensus of $104.8M and $0.02. But it also expects 2013 revenue of $471M-$481M and EPs of $0.41-$0.44, mostly above a consensus of $471.9M and $0.40. 3) Altera (ALTR - earnings) expects Q2 revenue to be flat to up 4% Q/Q, below a consensus for 9% growth. SYNA +19.4% AH. QLIK +11.1%. ALTR -1.9%.(Synaptics PR) (Qlik PR) (Altera PR) | Apr. 25, 2013, 4:51 PM | Comment!
Apr. 25, 2013, 4:18 PM
Apr. 25, 2013, 12:10 AMNotable earnings after Thursday’s close: AEM, ALTR, AMCC, AMKR, AMZN, BIDU, BJRI, BLDR, BMRN, CALX, CAMP, CB, CBG, CENX, CERN, CINF, CLWR, CRUS, CSTR, CTCT, DECK, DLB, ELY, EMN, EXPE, FII, FR, FSL, GERN, IGT, IM, INAP, INFA, KBR, KEG, KLAC, LEG, MCRS, MXIM, N, NR, NTGR, OLN, PFG, PKI, PMCS, QLIK, RMD, RRC, RSG, SBUX, SIMO, SPN, SWKS, SYNA, TCO, THRX, TLAB, UHS, VPRT, VRSN, WRE, WYNN | Apr. 25, 2013, 12:10 AM | Comment!
Apr. 24, 2013, 5:35 PMNotable earnings after Thursday’s close: AEM, ALTR, AMCC, AMKR, AMZN, BIDU, BJRI, BLDR, BMRN, CALX, CAMP, CB, CBG, CENX, CERN, CINF, CLWR, CRUS, CSTR, CTCT, DECK, DLB, ELY, EMN, EXPE, FII, FR, FSL, GERN, IGT, IM, INAP, INFA, KBR, KEG, KLAC, LEG, MCRS, MXIM, N, NR, NTGR, OLN, PFG, PKI, PMCS, QLIK, RMD, RRC, RSG, SBUX, SIMO, SPN, SWKS, SYNA, TCO, THRX, TLAB, UHS, VPRT, VRSN, WRE, WYNN | Apr. 24, 2013, 5:35 PM | Comment!
Altera Corp designs and sells programmable logic devices, HardCopy application-specific integrated circuit devices, power system-on-chip devices, pre-defined design building blocks known as intellectual property cores, and associated development tools.
Other News & PR