Oct. 2, 2013, 12:47 PM
Oct. 1, 2013, 11:05 AM
- Shares of Alvarion (ALVR +27.2%) continue to run after climbing 8% yesterday on the back of speculation that the company's receiver and Valley Telecom owner Jorge Pinievsky will be successful at an Oct. 3 appeals hearing regarding the Nasdaq's decision to delist shares of the company, Globes reports.
Aug. 29, 2013, 8:36 AM
- Alvarion shares (ALVR) are up 42.6% PM after the company's Receiver submitted an improved offer from Valley Telecom to the court. The bid follows a new round of negotiations with bidding parties.
- The new proposal represents a total minimum offer of $5.7M (NIS20.75M), comprised of $3.3M (NIS12M) in 2 payments by Sept. 30, a minimum $1.7M (NIS6.25M) in 4 payments by May 2014, $700K (NIS2.5M) for patents by the end of 2013, and an additional amount based on sale of Alvarion's assets, inventory, and accounts receivable.
- Under the new offer, Valley Telecom would assume management of Alvarion on Sept. 15. It would also receive newly-issued shares representing 75% of shares outstanding. Current shareholders would be diluted to 10%.
- The new offer is an improvement from Valley Telecom's previous proposal of a minimum of $3.8M for the company.
Aug. 28, 2013, 10:10 AM
Aug. 22, 2013, 11:46 AM
- Alvarion (ALVR +4.1%) gives up the majority of the morning's gains after the company announces that the court-appointed receiver has requested an extension of the operating plan from Aug. 23 to Aug. 30. That plan allows the company to operate as a going concern and carry out a bidding process while in receivership.
- The stock was up as much as 32.9% before the announcement. Traders betting on an acquisition by Aug. 23 were disappointed.
- The receiver will "continue discussions with the parties which submitted offers as part of the bidding process to sell the company and/or its assets."
Aug. 21, 2013, 1:52 PM
- Shares of Alvarion (ALVR -23.9%) are off sharply today after the stock exploded 511% last week. The run came as speculation swirls over a potential acquisition of the Israeli wireless broadband solutions company, which is in receivership.
- The deadline for bids was last Thurs. Globes reported that among multiple bids, private Israeli firm Sigma Wave submitted an offer to inject "tens of millions of shekels." The bid is conditioned on acquiring the company as a going concern, bringing employees back to work immediately, and restructuring Alvarion's debt (~$24M).
- Current equity holders would also face dilution. Sigma Wave's offer proposes new equity issuances of ALVR stock to employees who stay on board.
Aug. 20, 2013, 12:45 PM
- Midday top 10 gainers: NFEC +21%. PULS +18%. RNET +15%. XOMA +15%. COCO +13%. ELTK +14%. SCON +11%. PSUN +11%. CPSS +10%. AFFM.OB +7%.
- Midday top 10 Losers: LITB -34%. MKTY.PK -19%. PLCC -18%. ALVR -16%. BKS -15%. PURE.OB -14%. ANW -13%. NAII -13%. FMAR.OB -13%. CBAK -10%.
Jul. 1, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jun. 11, 2013, 12:45 PMMidday top 10 gainers: SGOC +56%. BEAT +53%. UQM +30%. PGNX +26%. DOLE +21%. NOA +21%. QCOR +20%. VNDA +19%. ALTI +13%. CMGE +13%.
Midday top 10 Losers: GNMK -23%. LULU -17%. SMA -16%. ALVR -15%. LDK -10%. PRIS -10%. RSOL -10%. IMUC -9%. ECTE -9%. COCO -9%. | 1 Comment
May 30, 2013, 12:44 PM
May 29, 2013, 2:06 PMAlvarion (ALVR -12.7%) craters midday after announcing it will raise $2.9M in two private placements which together call for the "issuance of ordinary shares equal to … ~18.5% of ALVR's outstanding share capital." Warrants will be issued for the purchase of an additional 4%. Moreover, the company says "the agreements … provide for the potential issuance of additional shares pursuant to certain price adjustment mechanisms." (PR) | 1 Comment
May 29, 2013, 12:45 PM
Apr. 5, 2012, 10:33 AMShares of microcap wireless communications provider Alvarion (ALVR -24%) sink after the company lowered Q1 guidance this morning. The cut is largely due to weak sales in one of its older product lines - to be replaced later this year - as well as delays in a large order that was set aside to next quarter. It now sees Q1 revenues of around $33M - $33.5M, below Street expectations of $40M. | 3 Comments
Alvarion, Ltd. designs, develops and markets wireless products. Its systems are used for providing Internet access and voice and data services for subscribers, for feeding of cellular networks, for building connectivity, & for wireless local area network.
Other News & PR