Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc.NASDAQ
Tue, May 10, 6:54 AM
- Privately held Barcelona, Spain-based Grupo Ferrer Internacional, S.A. acquires Mountain View, CA-based Alexza Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXA) for $0.90 a share in cash plus one contingent value right entitling the shareholder to receive a pro-rata share of up to four payment categories valued as high as $35M in the aggregate if certain licensing payments and revenue milestones are achieved.
- Ferrer is Alexza's commercial partner for ADASUVE (loxapine) in Europe, Latin America, the Commonwealth of Independent States, the Middle East, North Africa, the Philippines and Thailand.
- ALXA shares are up 76% premarket on increased volume.
Sat, Feb. 27, 12:26 PM
- Thinly traded nano cap Alexza Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXA) inks a non-binding letter of intent with Barcelona, Spain-based Grupo Ferrer Internacional, S.A. regarding Ferrer's proposed acquisition of all outstanding shares of Alexza.
- Alexza's board is reviewing the terms of the potential transaction.
- In September, Alexza retained Guggenheim Securities to advise it on ways to enhance shareholder value.
- Previously: Alexza Pharma to explore strategic alternatives (Sept. 28, 2015)
Sep. 28, 2015, 8:02 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Alexza Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXA) has retained Guggenheim Securities, LLC to help it explore strategic options to enhance shareholder value, including the sale/disposition of certain corporate assets, a strategic business combination, partnership or other transaction.
- Shares have lost almost 60% of their value since early 2014.