Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc.NASDAQ
Wed, May 11, 5:08 PM
- Alexza Pharma (NASDAQ:ALXA): Q1 EPS of -$0.16
- Revenue of $0.72M (+2.9% Y/Y)
- Shares -2% AH.
Tue, May 10, 6:54 AM
- Privately held Barcelona, Spain-based Grupo Ferrer Internacional, S.A. acquires Mountain View, CA-based Alexza Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXA) for $0.90 a share in cash plus one contingent value right entitling the shareholder to receive a pro-rata share of up to four payment categories valued as high as $35M in the aggregate if certain licensing payments and revenue milestones are achieved.
- Ferrer is Alexza's commercial partner for ADASUVE (loxapine) in Europe, Latin America, the Commonwealth of Independent States, the Middle East, North Africa, the Philippines and Thailand.
- ALXA shares are up 76% premarket on increased volume.
Tue, Mar. 29, 7:01 AM
- Alexza Pharmaceuticals (ALXA) Q4 results: Revenues: $0.7M (-53.3%); R&D Expense: $1.7M (-46.9%); SG&A: $1.8M (+12.5%); Operating Loss: ($10M) (-37.0%); Net Loss: ($3M) (+55.2%); Loss Per Share: ($0.15) (+57.1%).
- FY2015 results: Revenues: $5M (-10.7%); R&D Expense: $11.7M (-14.6%); SG&A: $12.2M (-8.3%); Operating Loss: ($40M) (-6.7%); Net Loss: ($21.3M) (+42.0%); Loss Per Share: ($1.08) (+47.8%); Quick Assets: $7.8M (-77.6%).
- No guidance given.
Mon, Mar. 28, 4:15 PM
- Alexza Pharma (NASDAQ:ALXA): Q4 EPS of -$0.15
- Revenue of $0.67M (-53.8% Y/Y)
Sat, Feb. 27, 12:26 PM
- Thinly traded nano cap Alexza Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXA) inks a non-binding letter of intent with Barcelona, Spain-based Grupo Ferrer Internacional, S.A. regarding Ferrer's proposed acquisition of all outstanding shares of Alexza.
- Alexza's board is reviewing the terms of the potential transaction.
- In September, Alexza retained Guggenheim Securities to advise it on ways to enhance shareholder value.
- Previously: Alexza Pharma to explore strategic alternatives (Sept. 28, 2015)
Nov. 5, 2015, 5:00 PM
- Alexza Pharma (NASDAQ:ALXA): Q3 EPS of -$0.27 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $1.8M (+291.3% Y/Y) beats by $0.2M.
Nov. 1, 2015, 10:38 PM
- Alexza Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXA) will reacquire the U.S. rights to ADASUVE (loxapine) inhalation powder from commercial partner Teva Pharmaceuticals (NYSE:TEVA) effective January 1. Teva apparently felt the going was a bit rough considering the comment below.
- Alexza CEO Thomas Kings says, "ADASUVE is an effective product. There are considerable challenges in launching a hospital product, especially one as complex as ADASUVE. We appreciate the efforts that Teva has made to date and are looking forward to continuing to build the ADASUVE brand. We remain confident in ADASUVE's long-term commercial prospects and plant to work with Teva to effect a smooth transition. It is our intention to work diligently in 2016 to identify a new U.S. commercial partner for ADASUVE."
- ADASUVE, approved by the FDA in December 2012, is indicated for the acute treatment of adults with agitation associated with schizophrenia or bipolar I disorder.
- Previously: Alexza Pharmaceuticals (ALXA) announces an exclusive U.S. license deal for Adasuve with Teva... (May 8, 2013)
Oct. 2, 2015, 4:49 PM
- Mark Oki, Alexza Pharma's (NASDAQ:ALXA) CFO since 2012, is resigning, effective Oct. 16. Meanwhile, Catherine McAuliffe and Stacy Palermini have respectively been promoted to the roles of operations VP and finance VP. (8-K filing)
- The news comes four days after Alexza announced it's exploring strategic alternatives, including a sale.
Sep. 28, 2015, 8:02 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Alexza Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXA) has retained Guggenheim Securities, LLC to help it explore strategic options to enhance shareholder value, including the sale/disposition of certain corporate assets, a strategic business combination, partnership or other transaction.
- Shares have lost almost 60% of their value since early 2014.
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:36 PM
- Alexza Pharma (NASDAQ:ALXA): Q2 EPS of -$0.63 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.88M (+27.0% Y/Y) beats by $0.39M.
May 26, 2015, 12:48 PM
May 22, 2015, 4:32 PM
- Alexza Pharma (NASDAQ:ALXA) COO Robert Lippe is resigning, effective June 12. (8-K filing)
- Alexza states Lippe's "position with the Company was eliminated in conjunction with the Company's revised commercial production strategy and his resignation was not the result of any disagreement with the Company on any matter relating to its operations, policies or practices, or regarding the general direction of the Company."
May 7, 2015, 12:49 PM
May 6, 2015, 4:49 PM
- Alexza Pharma (NASDAQ:ALXA): Q1 EPS of -$0.02 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.51.
- Revenue of $0.7M (-67.7% Y/Y) misses by $2.66M.
Mar. 10, 2015, 9:28 AM
- Alexza Pharmaceuticals (ALXA -3%) Q4 results: Revenues: $1.5M (+15.4%); COGS: $4M (-7.0%); R&D Expense: $3.2M (+23.1%); SG&A: $1.6M (-57.9%); Operating Loss: ($7.3M) (+22.3%); Net Loss: ($6.7M) (-17.5%); Loss Per Share: ($0.35) (-6.1%).
- FY2014 results: Revenues: $5.6M (-88.3%); COGS: $15.9M (+42.0%); R&D Expense: $13.7M (-28.3%); SG&A: $13.3M (-15.8%); Operating Loss: ($37.5M) (-999%); Net Loss: ($36.7M) (+7.3%); Loss Per Share: ($2.07) (+13.0%); Quick Assets: $34.8M (+34.4%).
- No guidance given.
Mar. 9, 2015, 4:13 PM
- Alexza Pharma (NASDAQ:ALXA): Q4 EPS of -$0.35 beats by $0.33.
- Revenue of $1.45M (+10.7% Y/Y) misses by $1.54M.