Short AMAG Pharmaceuticals After Poor Acquisition
Short AMAG Pharmaceuticals After Poor Acquisition
Tue, May 3, 7:06 AM
Mon, May 2, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACW, ADM, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, AMAG, AMG, APLP, AROC, ARRY, ARW, AUDC, BBW, BCC, BCO, CARB, CEQP, CFX, CIE, CLX, CMI, COTY, CVLT, CVS, DUK, ECA, ECL, EIGI, EL, EMR, EXAS, FDP, FIS, FMS, FSS, FTR, GLDD, GLT, GRUB, H, HAL, HCA, HCN, HEP, HOT, HRS, HSIC, HW, KEM, KMT, LXRX, MNK, MNTA, MYL, NI, NTI, NWN, NXST, NYT, OZM, PBI, PFE, Q, RDWR, RHP, RRD, S, SALE, SALT, SGNT, SMG, SSH, TAP, TECH, TICC, VLO, VMC, VSH, WAC, WCG, WEC, WLK, WNR, WNRL, WWW, XYL
Mon, Apr. 11, 11:28 AM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG -2.6%) appoints Ted Myles as SVP, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer. He joins the firm from Ocata Therapeutics where he was CFO and COO.
- Read now Time To Buy Biotech Starting With AMAG Pharmaceuticals
Tue, Feb. 23, 6:33 PM
- Snyder's-Lance (NASDAQ:LNCE) will replace California Resources (NYSE:CRC) in the S&P MidCap 400 after Wednesday's close. TREX will take Snyder's-Lance's spot in the S&P SmallCap 600.
- AMAG Pharma will replace Diamond Foods (about to be acquired by Snyder's-Lance) in the S&P 600.
- LNCE +1.8% after hours. TREX +3.7%. AMAG +4.6%.
Tue, Feb. 23, 1:17 PM
- The FDA approves AMAG Pharmaceuticals' (AMAG +1.1%) single-dose preservative-free formulation of Makena (hydroxyprogesterone caproate injection) for reducing the risk of preterm birth in pregnant women who have a history of preterm birth. The clearance is a good turnaround from the CRL the company received in November.
- Commercialization will commence in Q2.
- Makena was originally cleared in a multi-dose vial format in February 2011.
- Previously: AMAG Pharma receives CRL for single-dose Makena; shares off 11% premarket (Nov. 19, 2015)
Wed, Feb. 17, 8:43 AM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG) Q4 results: Revenues: $108.7M (+103.9%); R&D Expense: $7.9M (+1.3%); SG&A: $50.3M (+82.9%); Operating Income: $22.7M (+767.6%); Net Income: $7.2M (-95.0%); EPS: $0.20 (-95.7%); Non-GAAP EPS: $1.12 (+239.4%).
- FY2015 results: Revenues: $418.3M (+236.3%); R&D Expense: $42.9M (+77.3%); SG&A: $160M (+121.3%); Operating Income: $111.2M (+999%); Net Income: $32.8M (-75.8%); EPS: $0.93 (-82.9%); Non-GAAP EPS: $4.43 (+999%); Quick Assets: $228.7M (+91.7%).
- 2016 Guidance: Total Revenue: $520M - 570M from $395M - 430M; Adjusted EBITDA: $255M - 285M; Non-GAAP net income: $195M - 225M.
Wed, Feb. 17, 7:03 AM
Tue, Feb. 16, 5:30 PM
Dec. 16, 2015, 8:24 AM
- Soligenix (OTCQB:SNGX) announces positive results from a Phase 2 clinical trial assessing SGX942 for the treatment of severe oral mucositis (OM) in patients undergoing chemoradiation therapy (CRT) for head and neck cancer.
- Patients receiving 1.5 mg/kg of SGX942, a synthetic peptide called an innate defense regulator that modulates the body's reaction to injury and infection, experienced a median reduction in the duration severe OM of 50% (18 days to nine days; p=0.099) while those undergoing the most aggressive CRT showed a median duration reduction of 67% (30 days to 10 days; p=0.040).
- The data will be submitted for publication and presentation at a future scientific conference.
- OM usually occurs in the mouth of patients undergoing anticancer therapies. It affects ~500K Americans or 40% of those receiving chemo and almost all head and neck cancer patients receiving chemoradiation.
- The FDA has designated SGX942 for Fast Track review for the indication.
- The company will host a conference call this morning at 9:00 am ET to discuss its recent clinical trial results and development milestones.
- OM-related tickers: (OTCPK:CTIX)(NASDAQ:AMAG)(NYSE:XON)(NYSEMKT:OGEN)(NASDAQ:SCMP)
Nov. 25, 2015, 9:10 AM
- The FDA designates Cellceutix's (OTCPK:CTIX) Phase 2-stage oral rinse Brilacidin-OM for Fast Track review for the prevention of oral mucositis, a common and debilitating inflammation and ulceration in the mouth that occurs as a side effect of certain cancer treatments. There is only one approved therapy for the condition, AMAG Pharma's (NASDAQ:AMAG) MuGard oral rinse.
- According to clinicaltrials.gov, the estimated final data collection date for the primary endpoint (WHO OM Score) in the 60-subject Phase 2 trial is June 2016. The estimated study completion date is December 2016.
- Fast Track status allows for more frequent interactions with the FDA review team and a rolling review of the New Drug Application (NDA).
Nov. 23, 2015, 11:16 AM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG +0.7%) submits its formal response to the FDA's Complete Response Letter (CRL) that it received on November 19 for its approval application for a single-dose vial of Makena (hydroxyprogesterone caproate). Based on feedback from the agency, the company believes the agency may review the data in less than the standard four months.
- Previously: AMAG Pharma receives CRL for single-dose Makena; shares off 11% premarket (Nov. 19)
Nov. 19, 2015, 8:05 AM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG) slumps 11% premarket on light volume in response to its announcement that it received a Complete Response Letter (CRL) from the FDA in response to its application for a single-dose vial of Makena (hydroxyprogesterone caproate), currently cleared in a 5 mL multidose vial for reducing the risk of preterm birth in women who have a history of preterm birth.
- The company is working with its manufacturer to submit the requested information as soon as possible.
Nov. 3, 2015, 12:48 PM
Nov. 3, 2015, 10:08 AM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG -21.1%) Q3 results: Revenues: $96.2M (+277.3%); COGS: $22.3M (+643.3%); R&D Expense: $9.8M (+81.5%); SG&A: $46.1M (+257.4%); Operating Loss: ($1.4M) (-132.6%); Net Loss: ($20.6M) (-999%); Loss Per Share: ($0.62) (-999%); Quick Assets: $167.5M (+40.4%).
- 2015 Guidance: Total Revenue: $425M - 450M from $395M - 430M; Adjusted EBITDA: $210M - 225M (unch); Non-GAAP net income: $165M - 180M from 180M - 195M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 9:14 AM
Nov. 3, 2015, 7:37 AM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG): Q3 EPS of $1.02 misses by $0.19.
- Revenue of $103.47M (+339.9% Y/Y) misses by $10.41M.
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the development and commercialization of a therapeutic iron compound to treat iron deficiency anemia. It focuses on the development and commercialization of Feraheme injection for intravenous or IV, use to treat iron... More
Industry: Diagnostic Substances
Country: United States
Other News & PR