Fri, Aug. 21, 10:16 AM
- Evoke Pharma (EVOK +2.7%) initiated with Buy rating and $13 (197% upside) price target by Brean Capital.
- Biocept (BIOC +7.5%) initiated with Buy rating and $4 (86% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO -3.8%) initiated with Outperform rating and $73 (94% upside) price target by FBR.
- Neos Therapeutics (NEOS -2.1%) initiated with Outperform rating and $35 (52% upside) price target by RBC Capital Markets.
- Trovagene (TROV +1.3%) initiated with Outperform rating and $9 (64% upside) price target by Leerink.
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG -0.4%) upgraded to Buy from Restricted with a price target of $80 (31% upside) by Jefferies.
- Spectranetics (SPNC -0.4%) upgraded to Strong Buy from Buy with a $24 (46% upside) price target by Needham.
Wed, Aug. 12, 4:16 PM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG) prices its $500M aggregate principal amount of 7.875% Senior Notes due 2023 at par. The offering was upsized $50M from its original plan announced on August 5. Closing date is August 17.
- Net proceeds will fund the Cord Blood Registry acquisition.
- Previously: AMAG Pharma initiates $450M debt offering (Aug. 5)
Wed, Aug. 5, 10:59 AM
Thu, Jul. 30, 8:29 PM
Thu, Jul. 30, 6:43 AM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG) commences a $200M public offering of common stock. Underwriters over-allotment is an additional 15% of the number of shares offered. Price, volume and terms have yet to be announced.
- Net proceeds will fund the expansion and diversification of its product portfolio, to pay various fees and expenses associated with the Cord Blood Registry acquisition and general corporate purposes.
Thu, Jul. 23, 7:09 AM
Wed, Jul. 22, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABC, ADS, AEP, ALK, AMAG, AOS, ASPS, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CMCSA, CMS, COR, CS, CSL, CY, DAN, DFRG, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FIS, FNB, GM, GMT, GNTX, GPI, GPK, HBAN, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IQNT, IVC, JNS, KKR, KMB, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MAC, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MNRO, MRGE, NDAQ, NEO, NUE, NWE, ORI, PDS, PENN, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SHPG, SNA, SQNS, STC, STM, SYNT, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, VAC, VRX, WAB, WCC, WIT, WM, WRLD, XRS
Mon, Jun. 29, 2:33 PM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG -2.9%) acquires Cord Blood Registry (CBR), the world's largest stem cell collection and storage firm, for $700M. CBR houses over 600K umbilical cord blood and tissue stem cell units representing over 50% of the privately stored cord units in the U.S.
- In 2014, CBR generated ~$126M in revenues and $45M in non-GAAP EBITDA. 2015's top line is projected to be slightly above $126M. Expense synergies should be ~$15M per year.
- The deal, expected to close in Q3, is being funded with debt.
Fri, Jun. 12, 12:17 PM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG -1.5%) initiated with Hold rating and $75 (10% upside) price target by Deutsche Bank.
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN +9.5%) initiated with Buy rating and $30 (70% upside) price target by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- Plasmatech Biopharmaceuticals (PTBI -2.7%) initiated with Buy rating and $16 (118% upside) price target by Roth Capital.
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP -0.4%) initiated with Overweight rating and $38 (19% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Depomed (DEPO -2.1%) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $23 (10% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Community Health Systems (CYH +0.5%) initiated with Outperform rating and $65 (19% upside) price target by Wedbush.
- HCA Holdings (HCA -0.1%) initiated with Outperform rating and $93 (11% upside) price target by Wedbush.
- LifePoint Health (LPNT -0.2%) initiated with Neutral rating and $80 (5% upside) price target by Wedbush.
- HealthSouth (HLS) initiated with Neutral rating and $46 (3% downside risk) price target by Wedbush.
- Adeptus Health (ADPT -0.4%) initiated with Overweight rating and $106 (26% upside) price target by KeyBanc.
- Universal Health Services (UHS -0.1%) initiated with Neutral rating and $141 (7% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- Owens & Minor (OMI -0.2%) initiated with Sector Perform rating and $35 (3% upside) price target by RBC Capital.
- Henry Schein (HSIC -0.6%) initiated with Outperform rating and $165 (16% upside) price target by RBC Capital.
Thu, May 28, 8:48 AM
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG) receives a Completed Response Letter (CRL) from the FDA regarding its manufacturing supplement seeking approval for a single-dose vial of Makena (hydroxyprogesterone caproate injection). The prescription hormone, used to lower the risk of preterm birth, is currently sold in a multi-dose vial.
- The FDA requests additional information related to the manufacturing procedures for the single-dose vial at a third party manufacturer.
- The company plans to launch the single-dose vial in Q4.
Wed, May 6, 12:57 PM
- The following healthcare-related stocks trade at least 500K shares/day, have a minimum market cap of $1B, show increasing mutual fund ownership, reported an after-tax margin of at least 15% last quarter and reported growth of cash flow from operations at least 50% greater than EPS growth last year:
- (ABMD -2.6%)(ALGN -0.8%)(AMAG)(EBS +0.7%)(KANG -1.3%)(SHPG -0.3%)(XON +0.8%)
- This is not a list of Buy recommendations, but rather a targeted list of firms that may be suitable for more in-depth research.
Tue, May 5, 7:19 AM
Mon, May 4, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACTA, AFSI, ALLT, AMAG, ANIP, BBEP, BBW, BLMN, BPI, CIE, CLDT, CRTO, CVLT, CYNO, DIS, DISCA, DTV, EIGI, EL, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, GCAP, GLDD, GLT, GTN, GVA, H, HCA, HCP, HEP, HRC, HRS, HW, ICE, ISIS, K, KEM, KLIC, KMT, LPX, MDC, MDCO, MMP, MNK, MSO, NBL, NGLS, NNN, [[NTi]], NWN, ODP, OZM, PRIM, SABR, SALE, SBH, SCOR, SGNT, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, SRE, SSE, STWD, TDG, TECH, TGH, TRW, TW, UAM, USAK, VLP, VMC, VSH, WEC, WNR, YORW, ZTS
Wed, Feb. 25, 7:53 PM
Tue, Feb. 24, 5:08 PM
Mon, Feb. 9, 4:16 PM
AMAG vs. ETF Alternatives
AMAG Pharmaceuticals Inc is a specialty pharmaceutical company with a focus on maternal health, anemia and cancer supportive care. The Company markets Makena; Feraheme, Injection for Intravenous (IV) use; and MuGard, Mucoadhesive Oral Wound Rinse.
Other News & PR