Arcam ABOTCPK - Current
Thu, Oct. 27, 3:49 AM
- General Electric (NYSE:GE) will pay €549M for a 75% stake in Concept Laser GmbH, after its plan to acquire another German 3-D printing company, SLM Solutions (OTC:SLGRF), fell through earlier this week. It also raised its bid for Arcam (OTCPK:AMAVF) AB to $696M.
- GE and its competitors have begun to invest seriously in additive manufacturing, which produces parts with less work than traditional production methods, generates less scrap material and expands design possibilities.
Tue, Sep. 6, 4:03 AM
- General Electric (NYSE:GE) has agreed to acquire two European 3-D printing companies for a combined $1.4B, tapping into manufacturers' growing demand for digital technologies.
- Both Arcam (OTCPK:AMAVF) and SLM Solutions (OTC:SLGRF) make machines that can print metal parts used in aircraft components such as turbines.
- 3-D printing "will drive new levels of productivity for GE including a wide array of additive manufacturing customers, and for the industrial world," CEO Jeff Immelt said in a statement.