Jul. 7, 2015, 9:05 AM| Jul. 7, 2015, 9:05 AM | 2 Comments
Jun. 8, 2015, 8:33 AM| Jun. 8, 2015, 8:33 AM
May 8, 2015, 8:51 AM
- Broadening its specialty metals offerings, Ametek (NYSE:AME) has acquired Global Tubes for approximately $200M.
- Global Tubes manufactures small metal tubing from a wide variety of metals and alloys including stainless steel, nickel, zirconium and titanium.
Aug. 5, 2014, 8:43 AM
- Ametek (NYSE:AME) has completed two new acquisitions: The first, Amptek, is a privately held provider of x-ray detectors. The second, Luphos, is a provider of key non-contact metrology technology.
- "Both AMPTEK and Luphos are excellent acquisitions and highly strategic additions to our Electronic Instruments Group. These businesses will allow us to expand our presence in materials analysis and dimensional metrology, two attractive growth platforms," says CEO Frank Hermance.
Jun. 20, 2014, 9:04 AM
Aug. 7, 2013, 1:08 PM
- Ametek (AME -1.8%) slides after reporting Q2 earnings that were largely in-line but missed on revenue.
- Sales were up 6% year over year.
- Operating income +10% over the same period; net income +12%.
- Electronic Instruments Group sales increased 7% to $483.3M.
- Electromechanical Group sales increased 6% to $395.5M, up on strong growth in its Floorcare and Specialty Motors business, along with the contributions from its Dunkermotoren acquisition.
- The company guides FY13 earnings to the low-end of estimates, now looking for an EPS of $2.08 - $2.12 versus Street estimates of $2.12.
- Acquires Controls Southeast, a manufacturer of custom-engineered thermal solutions with annual sales of approximately $50M, from Industrial Growth Partners for approximately $160M.
Jul. 5, 2012, 11:48 AM
Ametek (AME), Danaher (DHR) and Honeywell (HON), as well as a number of P-E firms, have made it through to the next round of bidding for Bartec, a German provider of safety systems that prevent explosions in oil and gas production, Reuters reports. Bartec's owner, Swiss firm Capvis, hopes to fetch ~€600M ($765M) in the auction.| Jul. 5, 2012, 11:48 AM
May 23, 2012, 12:06 PM
Ametek (AME), Danaher (DHR), Honeywell (HON) and Carlyle (CG) are among those interested in buying Bartec, a German provider of safety systems that prevent explosions in oil and gas production, Reuters reports. Bartec's owner, Swiss P-E firm Capvis, hopes to fetch ~€600M ($765M) in an auction.| May 23, 2012, 12:06 PM | 1 Comment