Amkor Technology, Inc.NASDAQ
Tue, Nov. 1, 3:01 PM
Mon, Oct. 31, 5:39 PM
Mon, Oct. 31, 5:08 PM
- Results – revenue $1.09B (+48.4% Y/Y, +18.4% Q/Q; $30M above estimates), EPS $0.25 ($0.04 above estimates), gross margin 19.7%, net income $60M, EBITDA $248M
- Q4 projections – net sales $990M-$1.07B (-1% to -9% Q/Q), gross margin 19%-23%, net income $46M-$82M
- FY 2016 projections – net sales $3.9B (vs. $2.9B Y/Y), gross margin 17.5% (vs. 16.6% Y/Y), net income $130M, capital expenditures $650M
- Amkor Technology (NASDAQ:AMKR) president and CEO Steve Kelley: "We saw notable strength in smartphones across multiple tiers. Sales in Automotive, Greater China and advanced SiP were all up sequentially reflecting the continued success of our strategic initiatives in these key areas."
- Prior quarters overview
- Conference call
- Press release
Mon, Oct. 31, 4:05 PM
Sun, Oct. 30, 5:35 PM
Mon, Sep. 12, 4:11 PM
- Extends a relationship with Amkor Technology (NASDAQ:AMKR) in an effort to improve supply chain and operational efficiencies.
- Facility to be know as Qualcomm Communication Technologies Ltd.
- Qualcomm China (NASDAQ:QCOM) chairman Frank Meng: "Qualcomm Technologies continually strives to improve our manufacturing footprint in China and the formation of Qualcomm Communication Technologies in Shanghai is another example of this dedication."
- Amkor president and CEO Steve Kelley: "We are excited to work with Qualcomm Technologies in their new test operation in China. Amkor offers the most advanced outsourced assembly and test technologies in China, and this expanded relationship is a natural extension of the long history of close collaboration between our two companies."
- Operations are set to commence October 18.
Tue, Aug. 2, 3:02 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 10:37 AM
- Amkor Technology (AMKR +17.5%) Q2 results came in easily topping estimates, highlighted by 24.5% Y/Y revenue ($917M) growth. Sequential revenue grew 5.6%.
- The company anticipates impact of the Japan earthquakes to be insignificant in its FY results.
- Gross margin of 14.3%, a 150 basis point reduction resulting from $13M of incremental earthquake expenses. Net income came in at $5M.
- Projects Q3 revenue to grow 15% sequentially, powered by the launch of mobile devices across multiple lines and strong growth in advanced SiP, Greater China and automotive.
- Projects Q3 net sales of $1.01B-$1.09B (10%-19% growth), gross margin of 16%-20% and net income of $29M-$65M. Projects FY 2016 capital expenditures to be approximately $650M.
- Steve Kelley, Amkor president and CEO: "Strong Android smartphone demand and a quicker recovery at our earthquake-damaged Kumamoto factory were the key drivers of our financial performance for the quarter. Our growth in sequential sales also drove an 8.1% improvement in EBITDA."
- Press release
- Earnings call transcript
Tue, Aug. 2, 9:17 AM
- Gainers: SINO +64%. ESEA +28%. ADXS +25%. TRXC +25%. TOPS +17%. CTRV +17%. CGNX +15%. CBIO +12%. AMKR +12%. SODA +11%. PSTI +10%. VGZ +8%. AVP +8%. KOOL +8%. MNK +7%. GKOS +7%. HZNP +6%. OGEN +6%. OCN +6%. WMB +6%. STX 5%. ROSG 6%. NYRT 5%. INO 5%.
- Losers: IDTI -13%. TXRH -10%. ANGO -9%. GLOP -8%. ALLT -6%.
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:37 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 4:06 PM
Sun, Jul. 31, 5:35 PM
- ADUS, AEGN, AEIS, AMKR, APU, ARE, ATW, BDE, BLKB, CEMP, CGNX, CHGG, CKEC, CONE, CUTR, DAC, DNB, ENH, ENSG, EXAC, FTR, GGP, GKOS, GPRE, HTA, IDTI, ININ, IPHS, KMT, LNT, MCEP, MTGE, NGHC, NLS, OFIX, OGS, OLN, PLOW, PPS, PQ, QUAD, RAIL, RXN, RYAM, SBRA, SYKE, TEX, THC, TNET, TREX, TSE, TTOO, TXRH, UGI, VECO, VNO, WMB, WSTC, XOXO
Wed, Apr. 27, 4:14 PM
- Amkor Technology (NASDAQ:AMKR): Q1 EPS of $0.00 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $869M (+17.0% Y/Y) beats by $57.9M.
- Shares -0.45%.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEL, AF, ALGT, AMKR, AMP, ANIK, AR, ASGN, AVB, AVG, BCR, BGC, BKCC, BLKB, CACI, CAKE, CAVM, CBL, CDE, CGI, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNMD, CNO, CRY, CSGP, CVTI, DGI, DLB, DMRC, DRE, DTLK, DWRE, DXCM, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXTR, FB, FIX, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, FSLR, GG, HOLX, HTCH, HY, IBKC, INFN, IPHS, KEX, KIM, KRA, KRC, KS, LLNW, LOCK, LOGI, LQ, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MN, MSTR, MTGE, NE, NEU, NGD, NTGR, NVDQ, OIS, ORLY, OTEX, PEB, PPC, PRXL, PYPL, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, RCII, RGLD, RNG, ROIC, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SNDK, SPRT, SSS, STR, TAL, TER, TILE, TS, TTEK, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UHS, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WCN, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Fri, Feb. 12, 12:48 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 6:17 PM
- Amkor's (NASDAQ:AMKR) Q4 miss has been accompanied by guidance for Q1 revenue of $785M-$835M and EPS of -$0.03 to -$0.15, below a 3-analyst consensus of $864M and $0.01.
- CEO Steve Kelley: "Market conditions in Q1 remain sluggish, with particular weakness in the high-end smartphone market." Apple, which Amkor is well-exposed to, has issued soft Q1 guidance, as have various Apple chip suppliers.
- Non-GAAP gross margin fell to 15.3% in Q4 from 17.2% in Q3 and 22.9% a year ago; Q1 GM guidance is at 9%-13%. With J-Devices now on the books, Amkor is guiding for 2016 capex of $650M; as of the Q3 report, the 2015 capex budget was $525M.
- Amkor has dropped to $4.80 after hours. The 52-week low is $4.01.
- Amkor's Q4 results, earnings release