Wed, Oct. 21, 4:36 PM
Wed, Oct. 21, 4:16 PM
Tue, Oct. 20, 5:35 PM| Tue, Oct. 20, 5:35 PM | 7 Comments
Wed, Sep. 23, 9:29 AM
- The first day of fall warrants a look at which stocks tend to perform nicely during the season. A scan by USA Today, relying on data from S&P Capital IQ, finds nine stocks beat the S&P 500 each of the last five falls. The group averaged over a 16% gain during the period.
- Fall winners: Seagate Technology (NASDAQ:STX), Royal Caribbean Cruises (NYSE:RCL), Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC), Ameriprise Financial (NYSE:AMP), Tesoro (NYSE:TSO), Signet Jewelers (NYSE:SIG), Robert Half International (NYSE:RHI), Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN), FedEx (NYSE:FDX).
Wed, Jul. 22, 4:41 PM
Wed, Jul. 22, 4:09 PM
Tue, Jul. 21, 5:35 PM| Tue, Jul. 21, 5:35 PM | 5 Comments
Fri, Jul. 10, 8:31 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 9:28 AM
- Based in Tampa, JHS has a team of 150 financial advisors which generated revenue of $38M in 2014, and had retail assets of $4.1B at year-end.
- Like Ameriprise (NYSE:AMP), JHS operates both employee and independent advisor channels, and JHS advisors are expected to join one of the existing channels at Ameriprise.
- Terms of the deal were not disclosed. It's expected to close in Q3.
- Source: Press Release
Thu, Apr. 23, 9:42 AM
- Q1 operating earnings of $412M up 1% from a year ago. Operating EPS of $2.18 up 7%. Operating ROE up 230 basis points to a record 23.1%.
- Earnings took a hit from a $32M, or $0.11 per share long-term care reserve boost vs. a $29M reserve reduction one year ago.
- Previously: Ameriprise Financial misses by $0.15, misses on revenue (April 22)
- AMP -3.4%
Wed, Apr. 22, 4:09 PM
Tue, Apr. 21, 5:35 PM| Tue, Apr. 21, 5:35 PM | 6 Comments
Wed, Apr. 15, 9:51 AM
- RCS Capital (RCAP -6.7%) and LPL Financial (LPLA -3.5%) are having a rough morning after the DOL proposed rules forcing brokers to act as fiduciaries when providing advice on retirement funds in things like 401(k)s and IRAs.
- Regulators believe investors will save $40B over ten years as a number of conflicts of interest are eliminated.
- Calling the proposal a "manageable outcome" compared to some possible scenarios, Citigroup calls the news "exceptionally bullish" for RCAP, and favorable for LPLA and Ameriprise (AMP +0.4%).
Tue, Mar. 24, 3:54 PM
- Buyback-happy U.S. firms are prohibited from repurchasing shares from about five weeks prior to releasing quarterly earnings to about 48 hours after those reports. These blackout periods, says Goldman, may offer an especially tasty time for investors to pick up shares of their favorites.
- "High valuations in the absence of corporate demand may weigh on stock prices," says Goldman's Amanda Sneider, and particular areas of focus are tech, consumer discretionary, and financials - they've accounted for more than 50% of buyback activity.
- Goldman's buyback blackout theme buys: SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK), Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), Travelers (NYSE:TRV), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Juniper Networks (NYSE:JNPR), Xerox (NYSE:XRX), Torchmark (NYSE:TMK), F5 Networks (NASDAQ:FFIV), Citrix Systems (NASDAQ:CTXS), Aon (NYSE:AON), Moody's (NYSE:MCO), VeriSign (NASDAQ:VRSN), Hartford Financial (NYSE:HIG), Ameriprise (NYSE:AMP), Corning (NYSE:GLW), Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), Seagate Technology (NASDAQ:STX), Viacom (NASDAQ:VIAB), Legg Mason (NYSE:LM), XL Group (NYSE:XL), DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV), Allstate (NYSE:ALL), Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA), CBS (NYSE:CBS), Macy's (NYSE:M), Kohl's (NYSE:KSS).
Mon, Mar. 23, 3:24 PM
- The Barron's 400 has regularly beaten the S&P 500 (NYSEARCA:SPY) since its 2007 launch, writes Chris Dieterich, and also powers the Barron's 400 ETF (NYSEARCA:BFOR), which has topped the S&P 500 by nearly 500 basis points since starting in June 2013. BFOR is up 6% YTD, more than double that of the S&P 500.
- Among those added to the index during last week's twice-yearly rebalancing were Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG), American Airlines (NASDAQ:AAL), Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), and Ameriprise Financial (NYSE:AMP).
- Among those dropped were McDonald's (NYSE:MCD), Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC), Verizon (NYSE:VZ), and IBM.
- A "ruthless" quantitative security-selection method screens for growth, value, and cash flow, and filters further with other factors such as diversification.
Wed, Jan. 28, 4:38 PM
Ameriprise Financial Inc through its subsidiaries is engaged in providing financial planning, products and services as solutions for its clients' cash and liquidity, asset accumulation, income, protection and estate and wealth transfer needs.
Other News & PR