Thu, Apr. 23, 9:42 AM
- Q1 operating earnings of $412M up 1% from a year ago. Operating EPS of $2.18 up 7%. Operating ROE up 230 basis points to a record 23.1%.
- Earnings took a hit from a $32M, or $0.11 per share long-term care reserve boost vs. a $29M reserve reduction one year ago.
- Previously: Ameriprise Financial misses by $0.15, misses on revenue (April 22)
- AMP -3.4%
Wed, Apr. 15, 9:51 AM
- RCS Capital (RCAP -6.7%) and LPL Financial (LPLA -3.5%) are having a rough morning after the DOL proposed rules forcing brokers to act as fiduciaries when providing advice on retirement funds in things like 401(k)s and IRAs.
- Regulators believe investors will save $40B over ten years as a number of conflicts of interest are eliminated.
- Calling the proposal a "manageable outcome" compared to some possible scenarios, Citigroup calls the news "exceptionally bullish" for RCAP, and favorable for LPLA and Ameriprise (AMP +0.4%).
Apr. 28, 2014, 4:36 PM
- Alongside its earnings beat, Ameriprise Financial (AMP) delivers an additional $2.5B for buybacks over the next year and boosts the quarterly dividend by $0.06 to $0.58 per share. At the current price, the repurchase plan is enough to buy back about 24M shares, or more than 12% of the float.
- Shares +2% AH
- Source: Press Release
- Previously: Ameriprise Financial, Inc. beats by $0.16
Mar. 28, 2014, 10:11 AM
- Ameriprise Financial (AMP +2.1%) has its tail in the air after RBC Capital boosts its 2015 EPS estimate to a Street-high $9.55, allowing that its prior forecasts for share repurchases and profit margins assumptions were too conservative. The price target is boost by $6 to $119.
Feb. 3, 2014, 3:33 PM
- Stifel Financial (SF -4.2%) continues to slide inline with the rest of the brokerage names two days after boosting its California underwriting business with an agreement to acquire De La Rosa & Co. The combined firms will rank as the #1 underwriter in a number of areas: K-12, COP & Lease Revenue Bonds, Tax Increment, and Economic Development.
- Terms were not disclosed.
- Press release
- Others in the sector today: BCG Partners (BGCP -4.4%), AllianceBernstein (AB -5.4%), Ameriprise (AMP -3.5%), Raymond James (RJF -4.9%).
Jul. 24, 2013, 4:34 PM
Apr. 23, 2013, 1:00 PMAmeriprise Financial (AMP +2.3%) gains following last night's earnings as previously very acquisitive management says large purchases are on hold. For now, the company will use some of its $2.3B in cash to bump the quarterly dividend 7.15% to $0.52/share. The annualized yield is now 2.8%. | Apr. 23, 2013, 1:00 PM | Comment!
Feb. 2, 2012, 2:35 PMAfter Ameriprise (AMP -6.4%) reported a 22% drop in Q4 earnings on lower revenue, RBC Capital says it continues to believe that improving funds flows at AMP's Columbia money management subsidiary will lead to an increase in the company's ROE. The firm maintains a Top Pick rating on the stock. | Feb. 2, 2012, 2:35 PM | Comment!
Dec. 7, 2011, 3:09 PM
Oct. 27, 2011, 2:04 PMAmeriprise (AMP +15%) shoots higher after what looks like a Q3 miss becomes in-line once writedowns are stripped away. Sterne Agee highlights stock buybacks of $447M as well above estimates, while net outflows from the Columbia fund business weren't as bad as feared. The firm raises EPS forecasts for 2012 and 2013, and the stock price target to $60 from $59. | Oct. 27, 2011, 2:04 PM | Comment!
Oct. 12, 2011, 3:18 PMLife insurers are higher after Financial Stability Oversight Council gave preliminary approval yesterday to criteria that largely clears the non-bank financial companies from being considered systemically important.: Aflac (AFL +5.9%), Ameriprise Financial (AMP +4.4%), Genworth Financial (GNW +5.1%), Hartford Financial (HIG +4.4%) and Lincoln National (LNC +6.6%). | Oct. 12, 2011, 3:18 PM | 1 Comment
Ameriprise Financial Inc through its subsidiaries is engaged in providing financial planning, products and services as solutions for its clients' cash and liquidity, asset accumulation, income, protection and estate and wealth transfer needs.
Other News & PR