What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Mon, Jan. 11, 12:49 PM
Nov. 20, 2015, 7:12 AM
- Amarin (NASDAQ:AMRN), through its wholly owned subsidiary Corsicanto Limited, inks a deal with one of its existing investors for the sale of $31.3M aggregate principal amount 3.50% November 2015 Exchangeable Senior Notes due 2032 for ~$27.5M (~12% discount). The new notes will have substantially the same terms as the company's 3.50% May 2014 Exchangeable Senior Notes except that the new notes will be issued by Amarin and are not guaranteed by an entity. They are exchangeable into Amarin's American Depositary Shares at an initial rate of 384.6154 ADSs per $1,000 principal amount (~$2.60 per ADS).
- Holders of the new notes have the option of requiring the company to purchase any outstanding new notes on each of January 19, 2019, January 19, 2024 and January 19, 2029 at 100% of principal plus accrued and unpaid interest. Amarin has the option of exchanging the new notes into ADSs with the proviso that the then-current ADS price is at least $2.86. If the company exercises its exchange option on or before January 15, 2018, in certain circumstances, then the exchange rate will be increased per a make-whole table that governs the new notes.
- About $15.9M of the proceeds will fund the purchase of some of the company's outstanding 3.50% Exchangeable Senior Notes due 2032 that were issued on January 9, 2012. After the transaction, about $15.1M will remain outstanding.
- Closing date is November 24.
Nov. 9, 2015, 10:05 AM
- A study of ~200 adult Japanese coronary heart disease (CHD) patients , called CHERRY, evaluating the efficacy of statin therapy [Livalo (pitavastatin)] alone and statin therapy in combination with highly-purified EPA showed that the addition of EPA significantly improved coronary plaque volume compared to treatment with statin alone. The data were presented yesterday at the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions in Orlando, Florida.
- After six to eight months, the EPA/statin cohort (n=97) showed statistically significant improvements in coronary plaque volume (p<0.001), lipid volume (p<0.05) and fibrous volume (p<0.05) while the statin-only cohort (n=96) failed to achieve statistical significance on any measure. The prevalence of clinically significant plaque regression, defined as more than a 15% reduction in plaque volume, was significantly greater in the EPA group versus the statin-only group (48% versus 25%; p<0.001).
- CHERRY is the first study to use IB-IVUS (integrated backscatter intravascular ultrasound) to measure the effects of statin plus EPA on plaque regression. It is considered a feasible means to predict future cardiovascular events while the analysis of specific tissue components is considered useful for assessing the risk of a coronary event in patients with atherosclerosis. The study was performed independently by researchers in Japan.
- EPA is the active ingredient in Amarin's (AMRN +6.9%) Vascepa (icosapent ethyl), which is currently being investigated for its potential to reduce the incidence of first major cardiovascular events in high-risk patients in an ~8,000-subject study called REDUCE-IT. The company expects to complete the trial in 2017 and publish results in 2018. Over 7,700 patients have been enrolled to date.
Nov. 9, 2015, 9:14 AM
Nov. 4, 2015, 8:52 AM
- Amarin (AMRN) Q3 results: Revenues: $21.5M (+52.5%); COGS: $7.5M (+38.9%); R&D Expense: $13.1M (-9.7%); SG&A: $26.7M (+38.3%); Operating Loss: ($25.8M) (-3.6%); Net Loss: ($32.3M) (-23.8%); Loss Per Share: ($0.18) (-5.9%); Quick Assets: $119M (-0.4%).
- No guidance given.
Nov. 4, 2015, 7:05 AM
- Amarin (NASDAQ:AMRN): Q3 EPS of -$0.14 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $21.48M (+51.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.45M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, AGN, AMRN, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ARRY, AVA, AVP, AXAS, BDX, BIOS, BSFT, CBB, CDW, CECO, CHK, CLH, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CST, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DDD, EE, EMES, FOR, FOXA, GDP, HAE, HEP, HMC, HSIC, HSNI, INXN, KELYA, KORS, LINC, LL, MEMP, MFA, MNTA, MSI, MWE, NAVB, NCT, NEWP, NRG, NYLD, REGN, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SNH, SODA, SSYS, STNG, TESO, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VG, VOYA, VRTU, VSI, WCG, WD, WEC, WEN, WILN, WIX, WMC
Sep. 17, 2015, 5:37 PM
Aug. 7, 2015, 10:55 AM
- Citing protection under the First Amendment, U.S. District Court Judge Paul Engelmayer in Manhattan rules that the FDA cannot stop Amarin (AMRN +5.4%) from promoting Vascepa (icosapent ethyl) for off-label uses as long as it does so truthfully.
- Long-suffering shareholders will surely appreciate the positive news. The company has lost over 99% of its value since its glory days.
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:24 PM
- Amarin (NASDAQ:AMRN): Q2 EPS of -$0.15 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $17.71M (+40.4% Y/Y) misses by $1.39M.
Aug. 5, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALNY, AMBR, AMRN, AMRS, ANAC, ANAD, ANET, ASEI, ASYS, ATHX, BBG, BEAT, BIO, BITA, BOJA, BRKS, BRS, CECO, CENX, CERS, CLVS, CPST, CSOD, CUB, CUBE, CVT, CYTX, DIOD, DMD, DRYS, EAC, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, EGY, ELON, EOG, ERII, ESPR, EVC, FLDM, FLTX, FPRX, FXCM, FXEN, GALE, GEOS, GNMK, GSBD, GXP, HNSN, HTGC, HUBS, IMI, IMPV, INWK, IRG, JMBA, KTOS, LGF, MAIN, MDVN, MHK, MNST, NDLS, NEWR, NFG, NPTN, NUAN, NUS, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, ORIG, OSTK, OUT, PACD, PETX, PLNR, PODD, POST, PRO, RBA, RBCN, RIGP, RJET, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SFM, SHO, SKUL, SPPI, SRC, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TPC, TRMR, TRUE, TRXC, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, VRNS, VSAT, WAIR, WIFI, WING, XOMA, XOXO, ZNGA
Jul. 7, 2015, 5:36 PM
May 28, 2015, 5:40 PM
May 28, 2015, 3:48 PM
- Amarin (AMRN +18.2%) jumps on a 6x surge in volume in response to its announcement that the federal district court for the District of Columbia has granted the company's motion for summary judgement in its case against the FDA seeking an order requiring the regulator to recognize five-year marketing exclusivity for Vascepa (icosapent ethyl) as a New Chemical Entity (NCE). The company believes the market exclusivity period should extend through July 25, 2017, five years after the FDA's approval in July 2012.
- The court's ruling also confirms that the FDA cannot accept Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs) for generic versions of icosapent ethyl until July 2016. The automatic 30-month statutory stay triggered by the submission of an ANDA would push approvals out until January 2020.
- Amarin plans to dismiss current Vascepa patent litigation related to previously submitted ANDAs.
- The company has another lawsuit pending against the FDA seeking authorization to communicate ANCHOR clinical trial data to doctors.
- Previously: Amarin sues FDA to allow it to communicate ANCHOR results to docs (May 7)
May 8, 2015, 9:11 AM
- Amarin (AMRN +0.5%) Q1 results: Revenues: $15.9M (+44.5%); COGS: $5.6M (+33.3%); R&D Expense: $12.6M (+7.7%); SG&A: $24.7M (+19.9%); Operating Loss: ($27M) (-5.5%); Net Loss: ($32M) (-23.1%); Loss Per Share: ($0.18) (-20.0%); Quick Assets: $161.2M (+34.9%).
- No guidance given.
May 8, 2015, 6:02 AM
- Amarin (NASDAQ:AMRN): Q1 EPS of -$0.16 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $15.93M (+45.2% Y/Y) misses by $6.33M.
Other News & PR