What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Fri, Jan. 15, 4:11 PM
- While the Nasdaq has closed down 2.7% and the S&P 2.2%, a number of tech companies stayed green today.
- Data center firm Datalink (DTLK +3.6%), chipmaker TowerJazz and chip equipment maker Axcelis Technologies (ACLS +1.7%), online marketing software firm Constant Contact (CTCT +3.3%) and online marketers Quotient Technology (QUOT +0.9%), IT consulting firm Virtusa (VRTU +2.2%), renewable energy systems designer American Superconductor (AMSC +9.8%), and mortgage origination software firm Ellie Mae (ELLI +4.1%) have closed well in the green, bucking a trend that is hitting many more—and much larger—tech decliners.
- American Superconductor was a top gainer three days in December, despite missing on revenues and earnings for 3Q.
Dec. 30, 2015, 12:44 PM
Dec. 17, 2015, 12:45 PM
Dec. 17, 2015, 10:36 AM
- American Superconductor (NASDAQ:AMSC) has struck a long-term supply deal with Indian wind turbine maker/existing client Inox Wind, under which AMSC will supply electrical control systems (ECS) for Inox's entire 2MW product line. Under a separate deal, Inox will be able to "internally manufacture a limited portion of the ECS requirements for its 2MW product line as a second source based on AMSC's technology."
- AMSC's deliveries to Inox are due to start in FQ1 of FY16 (the June quarter). The company puts the total value of the new deals at $210M over three years, while adding "further revenues are expected for at least an additional three-year period during which AMSC will provide Inox with the majority of its 2MW ECS requirements under a preferred supplier arrangement."
- AMSC's hard-hit shares are now up 42% since the company hiked its FQ3 guidance last week.
Dec. 9, 2015, 5:40 PM
Dec. 9, 2015, 4:42 PM
- American Superconductor (NASDAQ:AMSC) now expects FQ3 (calendar Q4) revenue of $22M-$24M, above prior guidance of $19M-$22M and a 2-analyst $20.5M consensus. EPS is now expected to be above -$0.54 vs. prior guidance for EPS above -$0.62 and a -$0.61 consensus.
- CEO Daniel McGahn: "We now believe revenues in our Wind segment will be higher than we previously expected. As a result of these higher than anticipated revenues and improved collections, we now expect our cash flows in the third fiscal quarter to be roughly neutral, resulting in an expected ending balance of cash, cash equivalents and restricted cash at the end of the third fiscal quarter to be roughly equivalent to the balance at the end of the second fiscal quarter."
- Shares have jumped to $4.50 after hours. Ahead of the announcement, AMSC closed just $0.59 above a split-adjusted low of $3.26.
Nov. 3, 2015, 1:22 PM
- Along with missing FQ2 estimates, American Superconductor (AMSC -5.3%) is guiding for FQ3 revenue of $19M-$22M and EPS (excluding one-time items) above -$0.62. That's unfavorable to a consensus of $26.2M and -$0.45.
- Wind division (turbine component) revenue rose 82% Y/Y in FQ2 to $13.6M. Grid division (smart grid hardware) revenue rose 9% to $5.4M.
- Reducing losses: GAAP gross margin rose to 15.8% from 13.6% in FQ1 and -10.6% a year ago, SG&A spend fell by $1.2M Y/Y to $6.8M, and R&D spend fell slightly to $3M. AMSC ended FQ2 with $36.6M in cash, down from $42.6M at the end of FQ1.
- FQ2 results, PR
Nov. 3, 2015, 8:34 AM
- American Superconductor (NASDAQ:AMSC): FQ2 EPS of -$0.64 misses by $0.15.
- Revenue of $19M (+52.5% Y/Y) misses by $4.9M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ADM, AFSI, ALE, AMAG, AMSC, ANAC, ANIP, ARIA, AUDC, AXLL, AYR, BLMN, CBM, CDK, CEQP, CIE, CIT, DISCA, DNOW, EMR, EXPD, FI, FIS, FLWS, FSS, FTR, GCAP, GEL, GLDD, GLT, GTN, H, HCP, HRS, HTH, HW, HYH, IART, INCY, K, KMT, LPX, MBLY, MDCO, MHFI, MLM, MMP, MOS, NCLH, NGLS, NI, NMM, NNN, NRZ, NS, [[NTi]], NWN, NXST, NXTM, ODP, OZM, PERI, RDC, RHP, RRGB, SALE, SGNT, SMG, SRE, SSH, SUP, TASR, TGH, TRP, TWI, TZOO, UAM, UNT, VMC, VSH, WLK, WNR, WPC, WPG, ZTS
Aug. 31, 2015, 12:47 PM
Aug. 31, 2015, 9:41 AM
- Indian wind turbine maker Inox Wind has placed a $40M order for American Superconductor's (NASDAQ:AMSC) turbine electrical control systems. Shipments are expected to begin this quarter, with "the vast majority" expected to be finished by the end of FY15 (ends March '16).
- Inox placed a $15M order with AMSC a year ago. $6M worth of Asia-Pac grid product orders were announced last week.
Aug. 26, 2015, 1:13 PM
- American Superconductor (AMSC -0.5%) has landed $6M worth of orders to "supply a PQ-IVR Power Quality Solution to a semiconductor fabrication plant and a D-VAR Renewable Interconnectivity Solution to a wind farm in Australia." The systems are expected to be delivered by the end of FY15 (ends in March).
- The PQ-IVR system is meant to help a chip manufacturer protect against "momentary voltage sags and swells" that can affect chip production. The D-VAR system "provides the critical dynamic reactive compensation essential to connect renewable power plants to the grid effectively." For reference, AMSC had March quarter revenue of $23.7M.
Aug. 5, 2015, 12:46 PM
- American Superconductor (NASDAQ:AMSC) expects FQ2 revenue of $18M-$20M and EPS above -$0.65. Consensus is at $20M and -$0.70.
- Wind turbine component rose 137% Y/Y in FQ1 to $18.2M, and smart grid product revenue rose 37% to $5.6M. GAAP operating expenses fell by $800K Y/Y to $11.5M. Gross margin was 13.6% after being negative a year ago.
- Thanks to the company's stock offering, the cash balance rose to $42.6M from $24.5M at the end of FQ4.
- AMSC has fallen to fresh split-adjusted lows. Its market cap stands at $64.4M.
- FQ1 results, PR
Aug. 5, 2015, 8:36 AM
- American Superconductor (NASDAQ:AMSC): FQ1 EPS of -$0.72 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $23.72M (+102.7% Y/Y) beats by $0.9M.
Aug. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AMSC, ANSS, ARIA, ARQL, ATHM, ATRO, AVA, AVT, BLT, CEQP, CHK, CLDT, CLH, CMLP, CONE, CRK, CRME, CSTE, CSTM, CTSH, D, DAVE, DISCA, DISH, DNOW, DNR, EE, ENBL, FI, GDP, GTN, HCA, HFC, HSC, ICE, INXN, KATE, KELYA, KERX, LDOS, LG, LINC, LIOX, LL, LPLA, MEMP, MSI, MSO, MWE, PCLN, PWR, RDC, RL, SALE, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SNAK, SODA, SPAR, SPB, SUP, TMHC, TWX, USAC, VC, VLP, VOYA, VSI, WCG, WD, WEN, WIX
Jun. 9, 2015, 5:51 PM
- American Superconductor (NASDAQ:AMSC) discloses a Chinese court has dismissed (citing a lack of evidence) a software copyright infringement suit filed by its Chinese subsidiary against ex-licensee Sinovel, with whom AMSC has been in a long-running dispute over the theft of wind turbine software code.
- The company is "seeking a cease and desist order with respect to the unauthorized use of its software, monetary damages of RMB 1.2 million (approximately $0.2 million) for its economic losses (with respect to Guotong only) and reimbursement of all costs and reasonable expenses." It plans to file an appeal.
- AMSC's shares soared in Feb. 2014 after China's Supreme Court ruled the company's infringement cases against Sinovel and Gutong Electric would be separate from its arbitration claims.
Other News & PR