Stephen Simpson, CFA
Thu, Dec. 1, 9:51 AM
Wed, Sep. 7, 8:17 AM
Thu, Feb. 18, 4:35 PM
- Anthem (NYSE:ANTM) declares $0.65/share quarterly dividend, 4% increase from prior dividend of $0.625.
- Forward yield 2.03%
- Payable March 25; for shareholders of record March 10; ex-div March 8.
Apr. 29, 2015, 6:11 AM
- Anthem (NYSE:ANTM) declares $0.625/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.62%
- Payable June 25; for shareholders of record June 10; ex-div June 8.
Jan. 29, 2014, 7:25 AM
- WellPoint (WLP) declares $0.4375/share quarterly dividend, 16.7% increase from prior dividend of $0.375.
- Forward yield 2.08%
- Payable Mar 25; for shareholders of record Mar 10; ex-div Mar 06.
Oct. 23, 2013, 7:16 AM
- WellPoint's (WLP +2.3%) net income -5.1% to $656.2M.
- Operating revenue of $17.73B up 17%.
- Raises guidance for the third time this year, citing gains from Obamacare as a reason. WellPoint now projects 2013 adjusted EPS of at least $8.40, well above consensus of $8.27.
- Medical-plan enrollment +6% to 35.5M, boosted by the $4.9B acquisition of Amerigroup last year.
- Declares Q4 dividend of $0.375 per share. (Previous) (PR)
Jul. 24, 2013, 7:04 AM
More on WellPoint (WLP) Q2: net profit +24% to $800.1M as benefit expense ratio falls to 83.9% from 85.4% last year. Medical enrollment +6.3% to 35.7M members. Ups full-year EPS to at least $8 from previous forecast of $7.75 and vs consensus of $8.03; also predicts operating revenue of $70-72B vs expectations of $71.34B. Declares Q3 dividend of $0.375. (PR)| Jul. 24, 2013, 7:04 AM
May 15, 2013, 6:24 PMWellPoint (WLP) declares $0.375/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 1.93%. For shareholders of record June 10. Payable June 25. Ex-div date June 06. (PR) | May 15, 2013, 6:24 PM
Mar. 31, 2013, 11:33 AM
What makes a good share buyback? Barron's cites four factors: i) Shares are in a downtrend. ii) It's a long-term strategy and not a short-term fix ( = >1% share count reduction/quarter). iii) Shares are cheap based on price-to-book. iv) The company has a rising dividend. The stocks that pass the test? Wellpoint (WLP), Seagate (STX), Western Union (WU) and AT&T (T).| Mar. 31, 2013, 11:33 AM | 31 Comments
Feb. 21, 2013, 9:30 AMWellPoint (WLP) declares dividend of $0.375/share for Q1, up 30% and representing an annualized dividend of $1.50. The payout equates to a yield of 2.4% based on yesterday's close of $62.58. Payable on March 25 to shareholders of record on March 8. WellPoint continues to expect that it will return $2B to shareholders in 2013 via stock buybacks and dividends. (PR) | Feb. 21, 2013, 9:30 AM
Nov. 7, 2012, 6:41 AMWellPoint, Inc. (WLP) declares $0.2875/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. For shareholders of record Dec. 7. Payable Dec. 21. Ex-div Dec. 5. (PR) | Nov. 7, 2012, 6:41 AM