Oct. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Sep. 18, 2014, 8:51 AM
- Air Products & Chemicals (NYSE:APD) says it will reorganize into seven reporting segments when its new fiscal year begins Oct. 1.
- The industrial gases businesses will comprise four units organized by geography - Americas; Europe, Middle East and Africa; Asia; and global - while the other three segments are focused on materials technologies, energy from waste and corporate operations.
- CEO Seifi Ghasemi, appointed in June following pressure from activist investor Bill Ackman, says the move to a decentralized and more efficient structure will create true P&L accountability.
Aug. 21, 2014, 11:43 AM
- Hedge funds are having a difficult time of it again this year, up 1% vs. a 7.5% gain for the S&P 500, according to Goldman Sachs, which crunched the numbers on 775 funds with $1.9T in AUM.
- Nevertheless, Goldman's list of 50 stocks which "matter most" to hedge funds has outperformed the S&P 500 on a quarterly basis 66% of the time since 2001. The stocks this quarter (posted in order of the number of funds in which a name is a top-10 holding):
- ACT, AAPL, FB, AGN, AAL, GM, TWC, AIG, MSFT, HTZ, CHTR, MU, WMB, LNG, C, DAL, HCA, APC, CBS, ALLY, GOOGL, APD, NRF, BAC, EBAY, LBTYK, PCLN, VRX, BIDU, DTV, DISH, DG, EQIX, MA, WAG, ARCP, GILD, LINTA, MON, FOXA, VC, AMZN, BRK.A, BRK.B, SUNE, CMCSA, JPM, MIC, CCI, HES, LAMR.
- A special call-out to Northstar Realty (NYSE:NRF), Visteon (NYSE:VC), SunEdison (NYSE:SUNE), Macquarie Infrastructure (NYSE:MIC), and Lamar Advertising (NASDAQ:LAMR) for making the list of hedge fund hotels despite their relatively tiny market caps.
Jul. 23, 2014, 6:07 AM
- Air Products and Chemicals (NYSE:APD): FQ3 EPS of $1.46 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $2.64B (+3.5% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 19, 2014, 8:25 AM
- The derivatives research team at UBS lists six companies on which investors should not use an option strategy, as it expects near-term catalysts to drive the stocks higher.
- Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF): UBS cites continuing share repurchases, leaner inventory and improving fashion offerings as possible catalysts.
- Air Products (NYSE:APD): Don't overwrite or hedge the stock for 60 days, UBS says, as it sees activist investors becoming more aggressive in the name over the next two months.
- PetSmart (NASDAQ:PETM): Activist pressure to unlock value has stepped up, and the company is talking with Wall Street banks for possible strategies.
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA): The UBS team says the possibility of a Gigafactory announcement could boost the stock, which has long been volatile.
- Teva Pharma (NYSE:TEVA): It is well positioned to take advantage of the high number of branded drugs going off-patent in coming years, and there's no way UBS is hedging the stock with M&A rampant in the sector.
- Weyerhaeuser (NYSE:WY): UBS expects volatility after it completes a corporate structural change, and an expected capital allocation announcement could prove to be a catalyst.
Jul. 18, 2014, 5:22 PM
- Air Products (NYSE:APD) declares $0.77/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.37%
- Payable Nov. 10; for shareholders of record Oct. 1; ex-div Sept. 29.
Jun. 18, 2014, 6:23 PM
- Air Products & Chemicals (APD) reached a record high today after it hired away Rockwood (ROC) CEO Seifi Ghasemi to run the company, and investors were thrilled since the hiring could signal that APD may be open to divestitures, according to Oppenheimer analyst Edward Yang.
- Under Ghasemi, ROC recently sold its ceramics business and is in the process of selling its paint pigment unit to Huntsman; although APD has not expressed plans to divest any of its businesses, investors have questioned whether APD should sell its volatile electronics business (~17% of sales), which is more cyclical than its core industrial gases business.
- SunTrust analyst James Sheehan, however, thinks divesture may not be as large a part of Ghasemi's strategy as it was at ROC; at APC, the focus will be more about operational execution and spending discipline.
Jun. 18, 2014, 9:12 AM
Jun. 18, 2014, 8:27 AM
- Air Products (APD) +7.3% premarket after naming Rockwood Holdings (ROC) chairman and CEO Seifi Ghasemi as its new chairman, president and CEO, effective July 1.
- ROC appoints CFO Robert Zatta as acting CEO, and says its board will begin a search process for a permanent CEO; Ghasemi, who has led ROC since 2001, will remain chairman until Jan. 1, then continue as a director.
- APD has been under pressure from Bill Ackman's Pershing Square - APD's largest shareholder, with a 9.7% stake - to overhaul its management.
May 15, 2014, 2:11 PM
- Air Products (APD) declares $0.77/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.63%
- Payable Aug. 11; for shareholders of record July 1; ex-div June 27.
Apr. 23, 2014, 8:07 AM
- Air Products & Chemicals (APD) reports a 2.4% drop in FQ2 earnings, and lowers its earnings outlook for FQ3.
- APD now sees FQ3 EPS of $1.42-$1.47 vs. $1.50 analyst consensus estimate, and lowers the top end of its FY 2014 EPS guidance to $5.70-$5.85 from prior guidance of $5.70-$5.90 vs. $5.78 consensus.
- Sales rose 3.9% Y/Y to $2.58B while product costs rose 5.7%: sales in APD's merchant gases segment rose 3.7% to $1.04B, the tonnage gases segment - which provides gases to refineries and steelmaking industries - reported 3.9% higher revenue, and electronics and performance materials gained 7.8%.
Apr. 23, 2014, 7:46 AM
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): FQ2 EPS of $1.32 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $2.58B (+4.0% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
Apr. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM| Apr. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM| Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
Mar. 14, 2014, 10:17 AM
- Air Products (APD +0.3%) is maintained at Hold but with an increased $125 price target, up from $104, at Jefferies, which thinks APD should have fully digested products approved based on the 2004-06 worldview by 2016.
- With a new CEO likely identified shortly, the firm expects a more intense focus on levers to improve earnings power but believes this is already largely discounted in the share price.
Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. serves energy, electronics, chemicals, steel, and manufacturing customers globally with a unique portfolio of products, services, and solutions that include atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment, and services. It also... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Chemicals - Major Diversified
Country: United States
Other News & PR