What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Thu, Feb. 4, 10:13 AM
- Trucking stocks are in rally mode off a mix of macroeconomic news and earnings.
- Notable gainers include ArcBest (ARCB +11.7%), Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL +4.2%), Heartland Express (HTLD +4%), Celadon Group (CGI +8.4%), YRC Worldwide (YRCW +7.7%), Knight Transportation (KNX +2.2%), and Marten Transport (MRTN +4.1%).
- It's a moonshot for Roadrunner Transportation Systems (RRTS +37.5%) after earnings.
- Shipping companies FedEx (FDX +2.6%), AirT (AIRT +3.9%), and UPS (UPS +0.8%) are also well-ahead of broad market averages.
Wed, Feb. 3, 12:49 PM
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:33 AM
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jan. 27, 1:35 PM
Tue, Jan. 26, 1:08 PM
- Trucking stocks race higher to cut into 2016 losses as traders react to some firming up in the energy sector.
- Notable gainers include Swift Transportation (SWFT +16.6%), YRC Worldwide (YRCW +11.1%), ArcBest (ARCB +10%), Heartland Express (HTLD +7%), Universal Truckload Services (UACL +6.7%), and Marten Transport (MRTN +5.6%).
- Hertz Global (HTZ +8.3%), Ryder (R +6.5%), and Avis Budget Group (CAR +8%) are also strong on the day off the some of the same optimism over demand in the U.S.
Thu, Jan. 7, 6:57 PM
- RBC Capital and Stephens both came out bearish on the transportation and trucking sector, with RBC analyst John Barnes calling his outlook the most difficult report he had written since the Great Recession, citing confusing signals on the economy and earnings growth that likely will be "uninspiring."
- Barnes downgraded Old Dominion Freight Line (NASDAQ:ODFL), Swift Transportation Company (NYSE:SWFT), Ryder Systems (NYSE:R) and Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ:RUSHA) to Sector Perform from Outperform, and Heartland Express (NASDAQ:HTLD) to Underperform from Sector Perform.
- Stephens analyst Brad Delco cut near-term and longer-term estimates on less-than-truckload names, citing weaker demand trends and the higher fixed cost structure of LTL business models relative to truckload.
- Delco downgraded ArcBest (NASDAQ:ARCB) and Saia (NASDAQ:SAIA) to Equal Weight from Overweight as he favors truckload names over LTL in the current environment, but he maintained his Overweight rating on ODFL as he remains constructive on the best-in-breed name, which he believes can continue taking market share to offset broader market weakness.
Dec. 23, 2015, 9:41 AM
- The American Trucking Association reports its truck tonnage index fell 0.9% M/M in November. The reading for November was 0.2% higher than the year-ago period.
- "With year-over-year gains averaging just 1.2% over the last three months, there has been a clear deceleration in truck tonnage," notes ATA Chief Economist Bob Costello.
- A high level of inventory in retail and the energy market slump could keep truck demand tepid, warns the ATA.
- Related stocks: ODFL, YRCW, RRTS, ECHO, HTLD, JBHT, SWFT, KNX, LSTR, UACL, ARCB, SAIA, CNW, XPO.
Dec. 18, 2015, 6:56 PM
- Trucking stocks tumbled today after Knight Transportation (NYSE:KNX) cut its Q4 earnings guidance, citing excess capacity, a reduction in non-contract opportunities and an increase in driver pay - problems evident throughout the industry.
- Citi downgraded KNX to Neutral from Buy with a $25 price target today, and sees the risk of additional freight slowing as a possibility; although KNX's Q4 freight activity is similar to 2014 levels, slack capacity and less urgency from shippers is pulling volume out of lucrative seasonal trades, Citi says.
- Swift Transportation (NYSE:SWFT) is the firm's only Buy rated stock in the group, as he thinks Q4 has been mostly de-risked following its guidance cut in October.
- Cowen analysts say the weakness in KNX is a buying opportunity, believing capacity should begin to tighten after Q1.
- In today's trade: KNX closed -5.9%, SWFT -6.6%, ODFL -4.7%, WERN -8.2%, ARCB -5.5%, CHRW -2.8%.
Oct. 30, 2015, 4:16 AM
- ArcBest (NASDAQ:ARCB): Q3 EPS of $0.74 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $709.38M (-0.3% Y/Y) misses by $5.74M.
Oct. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM| Oct. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM | 19 Comments
Oct. 23, 2015, 12:34 AM
- ArcBest (NASDAQ:ARCB) declares $0.08/share quarterly dividend, 33.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.06.
- Forward yield 1.16%
- Payable Nov. 19; for shareholders of record Nov. 5; ex-div Nov. 3.
Aug. 3, 2015, 5:39 AM
- ArcBest (NASDAQ:ARCB): Q2 EPS of $0.75 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $696.12M (+5.7% Y/Y) beats by $4.13M.
Aug. 2, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jul. 28, 2015, 2:58 PM
- ArcBest (NASDAQ:ARCB) declares $0.06/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 0.78%
- Payable Aug. 25; for shareholders of record Aug. 11; ex-div Aug. 7.
Jun. 24, 2015, 11:16 AM
- Select railroad and trucking stocks trade weak after Q1 GDP figures are revised in-line with expectations. A read yesterday on durable goods was weak.
- Stocks from the transportation sector drifting lower include Knight Transportation (KNX -4.5%), Swift Transportation (SWFT -5.5%), ArcBest (ARCB -3.9%), YRC Worldwide (YRCW -2.2%), Greenbrier (GBX -1.6%), Heartland Express (HTLD -2.6%), Kansas City Southern (KSU -2.2%), Celadon Group (CGI -2%), JB Hunt Transport (JBHT -2.1%), Trinity Industries (TRN -1.6%).
- FedEx (FDX -0.9%) and UPS (UPS -0.8%) are also trailing broad market averages.
Other News & PR