What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Wed, Feb. 3, 12:49 PM
Tue, Jan. 26, 1:08 PM
- Trucking stocks race higher to cut into 2016 losses as traders react to some firming up in the energy sector.
- Notable gainers include Swift Transportation (SWFT +16.6%), YRC Worldwide (YRCW +11.1%), ArcBest (ARCB +10%), Heartland Express (HTLD +7%), Universal Truckload Services (UACL +6.7%), and Marten Transport (MRTN +5.6%).
- Hertz Global (HTZ +8.3%), Ryder (R +6.5%), and Avis Budget Group (CAR +8%) are also strong on the day off the some of the same optimism over demand in the U.S.
Jun. 24, 2015, 11:16 AM
- Select railroad and trucking stocks trade weak after Q1 GDP figures are revised in-line with expectations. A read yesterday on durable goods was weak.
- Stocks from the transportation sector drifting lower include Knight Transportation (KNX -4.5%), Swift Transportation (SWFT -5.5%), ArcBest (ARCB -3.9%), YRC Worldwide (YRCW -2.2%), Greenbrier (GBX -1.6%), Heartland Express (HTLD -2.6%), Kansas City Southern (KSU -2.2%), Celadon Group (CGI -2%), JB Hunt Transport (JBHT -2.1%), Trinity Industries (TRN -1.6%).
- FedEx (FDX -0.9%) and UPS (UPS -0.8%) are also trailing broad market averages.
Jul. 31, 2014, 12:45 PM
Dec. 16, 2013, 2:58 PM
- Deutsche Bank is out with some commentary and price target adjustments for a number of transport names. "We expect slow growth to continue well into 2014," analyst Justin Yagerman notes, but says "this is not a bad environment for earnings growth as cost inflation is generally modest and volumes are expanding, albeit at a slower-than-desired pace."
- Rundown: XPO reiterated at Buy, PT hiked to $32; ODFL upgraded to Buy from Hold, PT lifted to $59 from $49; UPS reiterated at Buy, PT raised to $123 from $100; UNP reiterated at Buy, PT hiked to $198 from $175; RRTS reiterated at Buy, PT lifted to $35 from $32; SWFT reiterated at Buy, PT raised to $29 from $22; JBHT reiterated at Buy, PT upped to $89 from $83; NSC reiterated at Hold, PT to $91 from $83; LSTR reiterated at Hold, PT hiked to $58 from $56; KNX reiterated at Hold, PT lifted to $19 from $15; ABFS reiterated at Hold, PT raised to $35 from $29; CSX reiterated at Hold, PT hiked to $28 from $25.
Nov. 11, 2013, 9:05 AM
Sep. 16, 2013, 12:35 PM
- Arkansas Best (ABFS -4.7%) is trading notably lower.
- Deutsche's Justin Yagerman is out with a valuation call, cutting the shares to Hold from Buy as the risk/reward seems more balanced with the stock trading just 7% below the firm's target price.
- "We remain optimistic that ABFS will eventually be able to implement the 7% Teamster wage reduction," Yagerman says, before cautioning that "the timetable has been pushed back by at least two months."
- Price target maintained at $29.
- It may indeed be time for a breather: The stock is up 169% since May 6, when the company came to a tentative agreement with the Teamsters.
Aug. 26, 2013, 11:32 AM
Aug. 9, 2013, 3:54 PM
- Shares of Arkansas Best (ABFS +16.6%) are having a banner day on the heels of the company's Q2 report.
- Revenue was up 13% Y/Y during the period to $576.9M, beating estimates.
- Q2 EPS of $0.18 looks optically worse than the $0.44/ share profit the company posted in Q2 2012. However, a tax benefit was largely responsible for last year's Q2 EPS figure. Strip that out and add back a $0.05/ share charge associated with the Panther acquisition and you get $0.18, exactly the same as this quarter's figure. (PR)
- The company notes that the ratification of the ABF National Master Freight Agreement is a "major step toward returning the company to consistent profitability." (previous)
Jun. 28, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jun. 28, 2013, 11:22 AM
Arkansas Best (ABFS +14.7%) surges after ABF employees ratify a collective bargaining agreement — the deal represents a "critical step in helping return ABF to its historic profitability," according to the press release.| Jun. 28, 2013, 11:22 AM
May 9, 2013, 10:09 AM
May 7, 2013, 8:29 AM
May 6, 2013, 12:47 PM
May 6, 2013, 9:50 AMShares of Arkansas Best (ABFS +28.8%) pop after the company announces it reached a tentative deal with the Teamsters union. The stock is playing some catch-up after trucking/freight stocks roared higher last week on positive demand news. SA contributor Money Investor nailed the call over a week ago for a rapid rally. | May 6, 2013, 9:50 AM
May 3, 2013, 6:18 PM
Other News & PR