Wed, Nov. 18, 2:48 PM
- Airgas (ARG +0.8%) continues to rise following yesterday's news that it was being acquired by Air Liquide (OTCPK:AIQUF) for ~$13.4B; however, Air Liquide shares fell 7.4% in Paris trading today.
- UBS keeps a Sell rating on Air Liquide and describes the deal as "pricey" at a premium of 50.6% to ARG's one-month average share price.
- Americas Air Liquide President and CEO Michael Graff admits the price is hefty but says "we’re looking at long-term strategic value... It’s the biggest player in the packaged gas business in the U.S. You are going to pay what is appropriate."
- Air Liquide forecasts that up to 25% of the increase in global industrial gas demand will come in the U.S.; Graff specifically expects more growth along the Gulf coast related to providing industrial gases for the ongoing petrochemical growth surge, as well as for refineries and oil and gas production from the shale boom.
- The deal comes after ARG fended off a takeover bid in 2010 from rival Air Products (APD -0.3%); Air Liquide's agreement to pay more than double the per-share price offered by APD now is looking smart.
Wed, Nov. 18, 12:49 PM
Tue, Nov. 17, 2:08 PM
- Airgas (ARG +7.4%) shares are halted on news the company will be acquired by Air Liquide (OTCPK:AIQUF) for $143/share, for an enterprise value of ~$13.4B.
- Air Liquide expects the deal to be earnings accretive from the first year, and plans to realize more than $300M of pre-tax cost, efficiency and volume synergies.
- Earlier: Bloomberg: Air Liquide in talks to acquire Airgas (Nov. 17)
Tue, Nov. 17, 12:43 PM
- Airgas (ARG +6.4%) spikes higher after Bloomberg reports that Air Liquide (OTCPK:AIQUF) is in talks to acquire the company, with a possible deal announcement as soon as this week.
- A combination would make Air Liquide the world’s biggest supplier of industrial gases and give it a dominant position in the U.S.
- M&A chatter had started prior to the report, as ARG is up 22% since Friday.
Tue, Oct. 27, 7:31 AM
Mon, Oct. 26, 5:30 PM
- AHGP, AIXG, AKS, AME, AMTD, ARG, ARLP, AVX, AXE, BABA, BAX, BEAV, BMY, BP, BTU, CMCSA, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, ERJ, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, GLW, GPI, GRUB, HCA, HUN, ICLR, IIVI, IMGN, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, LPT, LRN, LXK, MAS, MDC, MDSO, MGLN, MMC, MNI, MRK, MSM, NCI, NVS, ONE, PCAR, PCH, PCRX, PFE, POL, POR, QSR, RAI, RDN, SAVE, SCHN, SEE, SIR, SPG, SPR, ST, SUI, TMUS, TREX, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WM, WSO, WYN, YNDX
Tue, Aug. 4, 1:04 PM
Tue, Jul. 28, 7:33 AM
Mon, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AGCO, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMG, ARG, ARLP, ARW, AUDC, AUO, AXE, BP, BTU, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COMM, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DHI, DHX, ECL, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, FSS, GLW, GPN, GRUB, ICLR, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, JEC, KEM, LH, LPT, LYB, MAS, MMC, MRK, MZOR, NCI, NLSN, NOV, NTLS, OAK, OFC, PCAR, PCH, PCP, PFE, POR, RAI, RDWR, SALT, SIR, SIRI, ST, SVU, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WYN
Thu, Apr. 30, 7:35 AM
Wed, Apr. 29, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AB, ABC, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, AMT, ANR, APD, ARG, ARW, AVP, AWI, BCE, BDC, BG, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CCE, CDK, CELG, CI, CL, CME, COMM, COP, CRR, CRS, CSH, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, CWEI, CY, DBD, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, ERJ, EXLS, FCN, FIS, FMS, FSS, GEO, GG, GLOP, GNC, GNRC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HST, HUN, I, IDA, IMAX, INCY, INGR, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVZ, LBY, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MD, MGLN, MINI, MLM, MMC, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTRN, MVIS, NBIX, NI, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OMG, PBI, PCRX, PES, PF, POT, PSX, PSXP, PWE, PWR, RDS.A, RDWR, RGLD, RGS, ROK, RYL, SCG, SEE, SHPG, SMP, SNAK, SNE, SNMX, STM, STRZA, TASR, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TKR, TWC, TWI, UAN, UFS, UPL, VA, VAC, VGR, VIAB, VLY, VNTV, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XOM, XYL, ZMH
Tue, Apr. 14, 7:15 PM
- Goldman Sachs offers three criteria on how to pick stocks to short: Look for individual stocks with high valuations that have a tendency to underperform; take hints from mutual funds as they do a good job of selecting shorts; and look for stocks that are likely to move on company-specific factors and are less prone to moving with general market and sector trends.
- Among the overvalued stocks Goldman thinks could drop are CELG, ORLY and RHT; stocks underweight by mutual funds that could fall are HST, CTL and EQR; and likely to deviate from the broad market and their sectors are KLAC, JEC and COH.
- Rounding out Goldman's 19 stock recommendations that could reward short sellers: ARG, DO, DISCA, FLS, KSS, MOS, NDAQ, NVDA, TDC, WU.
Tue, Apr. 7, 4:19 PM
Fri, Mar. 20, 8:59 AM
- Airgas (NYSE:ARG) -1.9% premarket after lowering its FQ4 outlook because of near-term sales difficulties caused by the decline in oil prices and the impact of the strong dollar on manufacturers that export; ARG now anticipates EPS of $1.13-$1.16 vs. its prior outlook for $1.25-$1.30.
- ARG also says it now expects organic revenue growth, which excludes currency and other effects, of 1%-2% Y/Y vs. a prior estimate of 6%-7%.
- ARG says it is experiencing greater than anticipated declines in growth rates in its energy and chemicals and manufacturing segments, and has been hurt by challenging weather conditions throughout much of the U.S.
Tue, Feb. 3, 7:33 AM
Mon, Feb. 2, 5:30 PM
Airgas Inc is a supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products. The Company is a producer of atmospheric gases, carbon dioxide, dry ice and nitrous oxide.
Other News & PR