Nov. 17, 2015, 2:08 PM
- Airgas (ARG +7.4%) shares are halted on news the company will be acquired by Air Liquide (OTCPK:AIQUF) for $143/share, for an enterprise value of ~$13.4B.
- Air Liquide expects the deal to be earnings accretive from the first year, and plans to realize more than $300M of pre-tax cost, efficiency and volume synergies.
- Earlier: Bloomberg: Air Liquide in talks to acquire Airgas (Nov. 17)
Nov. 17, 2015, 12:43 PM
- Airgas (ARG +6.4%) spikes higher after Bloomberg reports that Air Liquide (OTCPK:AIQUF) is in talks to acquire the company, with a possible deal announcement as soon as this week.
- A combination would make Air Liquide the world’s biggest supplier of industrial gases and give it a dominant position in the U.S.
- M&A chatter had started prior to the report, as ARG is up 22% since Friday.
Mar. 20, 2015, 8:59 AM
- Airgas (NYSE:ARG) -1.9% premarket after lowering its FQ4 outlook because of near-term sales difficulties caused by the decline in oil prices and the impact of the strong dollar on manufacturers that export; ARG now anticipates EPS of $1.13-$1.16 vs. its prior outlook for $1.25-$1.30.
- ARG also says it now expects organic revenue growth, which excludes currency and other effects, of 1%-2% Y/Y vs. a prior estimate of 6%-7%.
- ARG says it is experiencing greater than anticipated declines in growth rates in its energy and chemicals and manufacturing segments, and has been hurt by challenging weather conditions throughout much of the U.S.
May 1, 2014, 8:30 AM
- Airgas (ARG) -5.8% premarket after reporting lower than expected FQ4 earnings and revenues, which ARG says reflected sluggish business conditions, the negative impact on its refrigerants business from the EPA's March 2013 ruling, and severe weather.
- Q1 organic sales fell 1% Y/Y, with gas and rent down 1% and hardgoods down 2%.
- Issues downside guidance for Q1, seeing EPS of $1.15-$1.20 vs. $1.29 analyst consensus estimate and organic sales growth in the low single digits; issues downside guidance for FY 2015, seeing EPS of $5.00-$5.20 vs. $5.42 consensus.
Mar. 21, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mar. 21, 2013, 8:39 AM
Airgas (ARG) -3.5% premarket after warning that weaker than expected sales suggest it may miss the low end of adjusted EPS guidance of $1.18 by ~4%. The quarter's organic sales growth through February was flat Y/Y and 2%-3% behind guidance, and March sales so far "have not improved appreciably" over February.| Mar. 21, 2013, 8:39 AM
Dec. 5, 2012, 2:56 PM
Airgas (ARG +0.5%) is holding its 2012 analyst meeting today, during which it will discuss strategies for growth, operating efficiency opportunities, the progress of the Company's SAP implementation, and fiscal 2016 financial goals. CFO Robert McLaughlin noted in an earlier statement that: "While near-term business conditions are challenging, we expect to have grown revenues to more than $6.5B, increased operating margins to between 15% and 16%, and expanded return on capital to between 17% and 18%." (Webcast)| Dec. 5, 2012, 2:56 PM
Nov. 27, 2012, 3:44 PM
Airgas (ARG -2.7%) says Executive Chairman Peter McCausland sold 1.2M shares of ARG common stock in a privately-negotiated overnight block trade in connection with personal financial planning matters. Following the sale, his beneficial ownership of ARG common stock is ~7M shares.| Nov. 27, 2012, 3:44 PM | 1 Comment
Jul. 25, 2012, 7:46 AMAirgas (ARG): FQ1 EPS of $1.13 misses by $0.02. Revenue of $1.26B (+8% Y/Y) in line. Shares -3% premarket. (PR) | Jul. 25, 2012, 7:46 AM