Wed, May 11, 6:20 AM
Wed, May 11, 1:13 AM
Thu, Apr. 14, 8:50 AM
- Calgon Carbon (NYSE:CCC) has made a binding offer to acquire the wood-based activated carbon and filter aid business of CECA, a subsidiary of Arkema Group (OTCPK:ARKAY), for €145.5M ($160.1M).
- The transaction, which is anticipated to close in the fourth quarter of 2016, is expected to be accretive to the company's fully diluted earnings per share in 2017, excluding purchase accounting adjustments.
- Calgon expects to finance the transaction through a combination of cash and debt.
- Now read Calgon Carbon Suffering From Headwinds But They Are Improving
Thu, Mar. 3, 3:15 AM
Sep. 19, 2014, 4:31 AM
- Arkema (OTC:ARKAF) has made a €1.7B ($2.2B) offer for Total's (NYSE:TOT) adhesives business Bostik, which follows last week's reports that the French oil major was looking to sell the business. Arkema itself was spun out of Total in 2006.
- In recent years Total has announced its plans to sell between $15B-$20B of non-oil-producing assets and others with falling profitability by 2015, as part of a program to improve its cash flow and profitability.
Nov. 25, 2013, 4:31 AM
- A number of international companies could benefit from the easing of sanctions on Iran, including in the areas of cars, petrochemicals, aviation parts, gold, and insurance for oil cargoes.
- Peugeot Citroen and Renault are particularly pleased, while Bayer (BAYZF), synthetic rubber supplier Lanxess (LNXSF), France's Arkema (ARKAF), and Belgium's Solvay (SVYSF) could also benefit.
- However, because the EU's oil embargo will remain in place, major oil providers such as Total (TOT), Eni (E) and Statoil (STO) won't enjoy an immediate boon.
- American companies don't stand to profit either, due to a decades-old ban on trade between the U.S. and Iran.
Arkema has an aligned portfolio of businesses built around three core activities: Vinyl Products, Industrial Chemicals and Performance Products, comprising 14 business units. Each business unit is a profit center, responsible for industrial management, research, marketing and customer... More
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Chemicals - Major Diversified
Other News & PR