What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Wed, Jan. 13, 9:17 AM
Tue, Jan. 12, 4:52 PM
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARNA) and privately held Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) enter into an exclusive agreement to conduct joint research to identify drug candidates targeting an undisclosed G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR), which is a member of a group of orphan central nervous system (CNS) receptors that play a key role in mental illness. An orphan receptor is similar to a family of proteins that are known to be functional cell surface receptors but its ligand (signal-triggering molecule) has not been identified.
- BI will have exclusive worldwide rights to develop, manufacture and commercialize all products resulting from the partnership. Arena will be eligible to receive up to $262M in milestones, an upfront payment and research funding as well as tiered royalties on net sales. Additional details are not disclosed.
Dec. 1, 2015, 9:22 AM
Nov. 30, 2015, 10:31 AM
- The FDA accepts for review the New Drug Application from Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA +5.3%) seeking clearance for a once-daily 20 mg dosing option for BELVIQ (lorcaserin), currently available in an immediate-release formulation administered twice per day in 10 mg. If approved, the product will be marketed as BELVIQ XR.
- The company's global (except South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Israel and New Zealand) commercialization partner is Eisai (OTC:ESALF)(OTCPK:ESALY).
- The FDA cleared BELVIQ in June 2012.
- Previously: Arena completes two Phase 1 trials for once-daily formulation of Belviq (April 10)
- Previously: Arena, Eisai expand Belviq agreement (Nov. 7, 2013)
Nov. 11, 2015, 9:16 AM
Nov. 11, 2015, 6:57 AM
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA -7.8%) Q3 results: Revenues: $9.1M (+11.0%); R&D Expense: $22.1M (-9.8%); SG&A: $9M (+12.5%); Net Loss: ($26.4M) (-146.7%); Loss Per Share: ($0.11) (-120.0%); Quick Assets: $181.3M (+11.1%).
- No guidance given.
Nov. 10, 2015, 4:03 PM
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARNA): Q3 EPS of -$0.11 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $9.14M (+12.0% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 9, 2015, 5:35 PM
Oct. 30, 2015, 9:12 AM
Oct. 27, 2015, 4:34 PM
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARNA) announces an initiative to reduce costs and improve efficiency. Key points:
- Resources will be focused on advancing APD334, ralinepag (APD811) and APD371; supporting Eisai (OTC:ESALF) (OTCPK:ESALY) in BELVIQ CV outcomes trial and regulatory clearance of BELVIQ XR; maintaining its core research function; assessing strategic collaboration opportunities and meeting manufacturing obligations while reducing overhead.
- 35% (80 employees) of the company's U.S. workforce will be cut by year end which will reduce annual cash expenses by ~$11M per year. Additional cost saving measures will be instituted at the company's Swiss manufacturing facility, Arena Pharmaceuticals GmbH. The company will take a $3.3M restructuring charge in Q4.
- Shares are up 2% after hours on increased volume.
Oct. 5, 2015, 5:41 PM
Oct. 5, 2015, 4:41 PM
- At the board's request, Arena Pharmaceuticals' (NASDAQ:ARNA) President & CEO Jack Lief retires. Director Harry Hixson, Ph.D., will take over on an interim basis until a permanent successor is hired.
Aug. 5, 2015, 4:24 PM
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARNA): Q2 EPS of -$0.11 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $9.18M (-28.3% Y/Y) misses by $1.77M.
- Shares -0.2%.
Aug. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACAS, ACXM, AEGR, AGU, ALB, AMTG, ANDE, AREX, ARNA, ATO, ATSG, AVG, AWK, AXLL, BEE, BGC, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CBS, CCRN, CF, CJES, CLNE, CLR, CNAT, CODI, CORT, COUP, CPE, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CUTR, CXW, DCO, DNB, DPM, DXCM, ECHO, ECOL, ENS, EQC, ETE, ETP, FANG, FLT, FMC, FNGN, FOXA, FRT, FTD, FUEL, GBDC, GDDY, GMCR, GPOR, HABT, HDP, HI, HIVE, HLF, HR, IAG, ICPT, IL, IRWD, ITRI, JACK, JAZZ, JONE, KND, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNT, MCHX, MED, MELI, MG, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MRO, MUSA, NHI, NKTR, NLY, NOG, NP, OME, OPK, OSUR, PACB, PDLI, PFMT, PGTI, PHH, PMT, PNNT, POWR, PRI, PRU, PRXL, PSIX, RAIL, REG, RGLD, RIG, RLD, RP, RST, RYN, SBY, SD, SGI, SGMO, SGY, SHOR, SLF, SQNM, SSNI, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TLLP, TRNX, TRQ, TS, TSLA, TSO, TTEC, TTMI, TTPH, TUMI, UHAL, UIL, VVC, WGL, WPX, WSR, WTI, WTW, XNPT, XPO, ZU
Jul. 15, 2015, 10:36 AM
- Celgene's (CELG +9.5%) $7.2B deal for Receptos (RCPT +10.3%) is “a great acquisition at a great price," Nomura analysts say, as ozanimod could enable CELG's inflammation and immunology franchise to double peak sales to $10B and reduce reliance on Revlimid to drive future growth, and the acquisition price of less than 2x peak sales is a steep discount relative to recent comparisons.
- Wedbush analyst Liana Moussatos sees plenty of potential upside to justify a rival bidder stepping in for RCPT, noting that she had estimated the company could be valued at $348/share, or ~$10.9B, in a buyout, substantially more than CELG's $232 offer.
- The deal is boosting some biotech names (IBB +1.9%), including PTC Therapeutics (PTCT +11.7%), Celsion (CLSN +7.1%) and Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA +6.7%).
Jul. 15, 2015, 9:15 AM
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in discovering, developing and commercializing novel drugs that target G protein-coupled receptors, or GPCRs, to address unmet medical needs.
Other News & PR