ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc.NYSE
Thu, Nov. 3, 11:38 AM
- With more than half the sector having reported their Q3s, the general themes are rising earnings (covering payouts) and gains in book value leading to sizable returns. Among those who reported last night or this morning - Armour Residential (ARR +1.9%), American Capital Mortgage (MTGE +2.1%), MFA Financial (MFA +1.9%), Western Asset (WMC +1.8%), Anworth (ANH +2%).
- The iShares FTSE Nareit mREIT ETF (REM +1%)
- Other ETFs: MORL, MORT
Thu, Nov. 3, 6:30 AM
Wed, Nov. 2, 4:24 PM
- Q3 core income plus drop income of $28.9M or $0.68 per share vs. $27.1M and $0.63 earned one year ago. Dividend run rate is $0.66 per quarter.
- Book value per share of $27.87 up from $26.94 at end of Q2. Today's close of $22.80 is an 18% discount to book.
- Economic return for the quarter of $1.59 per share, or 23.6% annualized.
- Conference call tomorrow at 4:30 ET.
- Previously: ARMOUR Residential REIT beats by $0.05 (Nov. 2)
- ARR flat after hours
Wed, Nov. 2, 4:16 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 4:52 PM
Tue, Oct. 4, 4:29 PM
- Chatter of the ECB's plan to begin tapering monthly bond purchases sent interest rates sharply higher today, and REITs sharply lower.
- The 10-year Treasury yield gained 6.3 basis points to 1.688%.
- The mortgage REITs (REM -2.2%): Annaly (NLY -3.1%), Armour (ARR -1.2%), Two Harbors (TWO -2.9%), Chimera (CIM -3.9%), CYS (CYS -2.4%), Invesco (IVR -3%), Western Asset (WMC -2.8%), MFA Financial (MFA -2.7%), AG Mortgage (MITT -3.1%)
- Equity REITs (VNQ -1.4%): Realty Income (O -2.6%), WellTower (HCN -2.6%), HCP (HCP -2%), Vereit (VER -2.3%), Equity Residential (EQR -0.9%), Simon Property (SPG -1.5%), Public Storage (PSA -1.8%), Government Properties (GOV -2.7%), Gramercy Property (GPT -2.2%), Stag Industrial (STAG -3%)
- ETFs: VNQ, IYR, MORL, REM, MORT, DRN, RQI, URE, SCHH, ICF, RWR, SRS, RNP, RFI, JRS, KBWY, NRO, DRV, RIT, RIF, REK, DRA, FRI, FTY, FREL, LRET, PSR, WREI, XLRE, IARAX
Mon, Sep. 26, 8:12 AM
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:52 PM
- Q2 core income plus drop income of $27.1M or $0.63 per share vs. $30.3M and $0.72 one year ago. Dividend quarterly run rate is $0.66.
- Book value per share of $26.94 up from $24.48 three months earlier. Today's close of $21.69 is a 19.5% discount to book.
- Purchase of Javelin Mortgage was completed on April 6, and likely helped the BVPS calculation.
- CC tomorrow at 8 ET
- Previously: ARMOUR Residential REIT misses by $0.08 (Aug. 2)
- ARR flat after hours
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:32 PM
Fri, Jul. 29, 8:30 AM
Wed, Jun. 29, 4:35 PM
Wed, Jun. 15, 3:20 PM
- Fed Funds futures markets are pricing in just a 50% chance of a rate hike in 2016 after the FOMC stayed on hold in June and cut its expectations for future moves higher in interest rates.
- The mREITs (REM +0.7%) are up just modestly, but all higher now than they were prior to the FOMC news.
- Annaly Capital (NLY +0.6%), American Capital Agency (AGNC +0.9%), Armour (ARR +1.4%), CYS Investments (CYS +1%), New York Mortgage (NYMT +1.4%), Capstead Mortgage (CMO +1.1%).
- ETFs: MORL, REM, MORT
Wed, May 18, 2:25 PM
- Having repriced over the past few months for a rates lower-for-longer environment, mREITs (REM -1.6%) may have to reprice again as the FOMC minutes more or less signal the central bank's intention to hike rates in June.
- Yield-starved names like banks, insurers, and online brokers are soaring, but income producers like Annaly Capital (NLY -2.7%), American Capital Mortgage (AGNC -2.5%), Armour (ARR -3.1%), CYS Investments (CYS -3.4%), Capstead (CMO -2%), Western Asset (WMC -2.3%), Anworth (ANH -2.3%), and Ellington Residential (EARN -2.4%) are going the opposite way.
- ETFs: MORL, REM, MORT
Wed, May 4, 10:36 AM
- Ladenburg Thalman becomes the latest to throw in the towel on the habitually underperforming Armour Residential (ARR -0.3%), with a downgrade to Neutral from Buy.
- Meanwhile, Wells Fargo cuts Chimera Investment (CIM -1.1%) to Underperform from Neutral. The company reported pleasing Q1 results, but trades at less than a 3% discount to book value - pretty pricey in mREIT-land these days.
Tue, May 3, 9:03 AM
- Q1 core income of $30.3M or $0.72 per share vs. $47.7M and $1.10 in Q4. Dividends of $0.33 per month, or $0.99 for the quarter. Dividend for April is $0.27 and $0.22 is declared for May and June.
- $85.2M purchase of Javelin Mortgage completed during quarter.
- Book value per share of $24.48 falls from $28 three months ago. Last night's close of $21.05 is a 14% discount to book. April 29 book value is estimated at $25.52.
- Economic return of negative $2.53 per share during quarter, or 36% annualized.
- Previously: ARMOUR Residential REIT misses by $0.19 (May 2)
- ARR -3.6% premarket o $20.30.
- Related: Thoughts On A Handful Of mREITs And The State Of The Industry (Week 29) (May 3)
Mon, May 2, 5:13 PM
- ARMOUR Residential REIT (NYSE:ARR) declares $0.22/share monthly dividend, -18.5% decrease from prior dividend of $0.27.
- Forward yield 12.54%
- Payable May 27; for shareholders of record May 16; ex-div May 12.
- Payable June 29; for shareholders of record June 15; ex-div June 13.