Arris Group: Finding Profits In Your Cable Box
Helix Investment Research • 11 Comments
Helix Investment Research • 11 Comments
Arris Group: 2 Combined Industry Leaders Selling At A Huge Discount
Wed, May 4, 4:59 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Wed, Feb. 17, 6:38 PM
- In addition to missing Q4 revenue estimates (while beating on EPS), Arris (NASDAQ:ARRS) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $1.56B-$1.61B and EPS of $0.37-$0.42, below a consensus of $1.68B and $0.58. The guidance accounts for the Pace acquisition, which closed on Jan. 4.
- Along with its numbers, Arris has announced a $300M buyback. It replaces prior authorizations, and is good for repurchasing 9% of shares at current levels.
- Q4 details: Order backlog stood at $715.8M as of the end of Q4 (before the Pace deal closed), up 28% Y/Y. Q4 book-to-bill was 1.14. GAAP operating expenses rose 5% to $305.8M. Arris ended 2015 with $879M in cash and over $1.5B in debt.
- ARRS -9.2% after hours to $21.70.
- Arris' Q4 results, earnings release
Wed, Feb. 17, 4:29 PM
Tue, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM| Tue, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:28 PM
- In addition to missing Q3 revenue estimates (while posting in-line EPS), Arris (NASDAQ:ARRS) is guiding for Q4 revenue of $1.1B-$1.15B and EPS of $0.40-$0.45, below a consensus of $1.26B and $0.60.
- Also: Order backlog fell 6% Q/Q and 14% Y/Y to $559M. Book-to-bill was 0.92 vs. 0.86 in Q2 and 0.94 a year ago.
- CEO Bob Stanzione: "We continue to encounter headwinds, in particular, those related to telco capex, industry consolidations and the strong U.S. dollar." The "industry consolidations" mentioned presumably include the AT&T/DirecTV deal. Peer Harmonic issued light guidance last week.
- Shares have fallen to $27.50 after hours. The 52-week low is $24.46.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 28, 2015, 4:03 PM
- Arris Group (NASDAQ:ARRS): Q3 EPS of $0.56 in-line.
- Revenue of $1.22B (-13.5% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
- Shares -2.62%.
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AFFX, AFOP, AMGN, ANIK, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, BANC, BLKB, BWLD, CACI, CAVM, CBL, CGI, CHDN, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNL, CNO, CNW, CRUS, CSGP, CW, CWT, DRE, DYAX, ECHO, ELLI, EPR, EQIX, EQY, ESIO, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FFIV, FMC, FORM, FORR, FR, GPRO, HBI, HLS, HOS, HT, HUBG, HY, INT, INVN, ISIL, KEX, KRA, KS, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NE, NEM, NGD, NSIT, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OGS, OII, ORLY, OTEX, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, QUIK, REG, ROG, ROVI, RRC, SCI, SGI, SGMO, SIMO, SPN, SPRT, SPWR, SSS, STAA, SU, TAL, THG, THRX, TILE, TLLP, TSO, TTMI, UNM, VAR, VECO, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WLL, WMB, WSTL, WTS, YELP
Jul. 29, 2015, 4:58 PM
- Arris' (NASDAQ:ARRS) Q2 results were in-line with the guidance provided in its July 10 warning. Q3 guidance is for revenue of $1.21B-$1.26B and EPS of $0.52-$0.58, below a consensus (might not fully take the warning into account) of $1.3B and $0.64.
- With a strong dollar and industry M&A weighing (as stated in the warning), order backlog fell 8% Q/Q and 10% Y/Y to $651.3M. Book-to-bill was 0.94 vs. 0.85 in Q1 (seasonally weak for bookings) and 1.08 a year ago. Arris ended Q2 with $620M in cash/short-term investments, and $1.59B in debt.
- Shares have risen to $32.17 AH.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 29, 2015, 4:03 PM
- Arris Group (NASDAQ:ARRS): Q2 EPS of $0.53 in-line.
- Revenue of $1.26B (-11.9% Y/Y) in-line.
Jul. 28, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEGN, AEL, AEM, AFFX, ALGT, ANIK, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ASH, ATW, BANC, BAX, BKCC, BLKB, BXP, CAVM, CBL, CEMP, CGI, CHDN, CHMT, CLD, CMO, CMPR, CNO, CNW, CROX, CSGP, CW, CWT, CXO, DDR, DOX, DRE, DYAX, EHTH, ELY, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FARO, FB, FBP, FICO, FISV, FMI, FNF, FOE, FORM, FORR, HLS, HOLX, HOS, HY, IPCM, ISIL, IXYS, KEG, KEX, KGC, KRA, KRG, KS, LNC, LOCK, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MC, MCK, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NBIX, NE, NOW, NSIT, NTRI, NXPI, O, OGS, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PDM, PEGA, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PTC, PVA, QGEN, QUIK, RKUS, ROG, RRTS, SBAC, SCI, SCTY, SFLY, SGMO, SKX, SPRT, SSNC, SSS, STAA, SU, TAL, TER, THG, THRM, THRX, TILE, TTEK, UNM, VAR, VGR, VNDA, VRTX, WDC, WES, WFM, WGP, WLL, WMB, WMGI, WSTL, WTS, WYNN
Jul. 10, 2015, 4:17 PM
- Arris (NASDAQ:ARRS) now expects Q2 revenue of $1.25B-$1.26B and EPS of $0.51-$0.55, below prior guidance of $1.27B-$1.31B and $0.53-$0.58, and a consensus of $1.29B and $0.56.
- CEO Bob Stanzione: "Our business continues to be impacted by external factors, most notably the various pending industry consolidations and by the strengthening of the US dollar. At this point, we anticipate that these factors will continue to impact us in the second half of 2015."
- He adds Arris' pending acquisition of U.K. rival Pace (has a strong European presence) is expected to "help counter some of these industry conditions as a result of anticipated synergies and a more diversified customer base and product portfolio."
- Shares have fallen to $29.00 AH. The set-top/cable infrastructure vendor reports on July 29.
Apr. 29, 2015, 4:04 PM
- Arris Group (NASDAQ:ARRS): Q1 EPS of $0.44 in-line.
- Revenue of $1.21B (-1.6% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
Apr. 28, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AFFX, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ASH, ATRC, ATW, AVG, AXS, BIDU, BLKB, BVN, CACI, CAVM, CBT, CHMT, CMO, CMPR, CNO, CNW, COHR, CRL, CSGP, CSII, CW, CWT, DOX, DRE, DXCM, DYAX, ECOL, ELGX, EQIX, EQY, ES, ESV, EXL, EXR, FLEX, FOE, FORM, FORR, GLUU, HOLX, HOS, HY, IPCM, ISIL, KAMN, KEG, KEX, KRA, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, LXRX, MAA, MAC, MANT, MAR, MDAS, MEOH, MEP, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NE, NSR, NXPI, O, OGS, OIS, PDM, PPC, PRXL, PTC, QEP, QUIK, RKT, ROG, RRTS, SAM, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SPOK, SPRT, SSS, STAA, STR, SU, TAL, TCO, TEX, TILE, TTEK, TTMI, TX, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WLL, WMB, WMGI, WTS, XL, YELP
Feb. 18, 2015, 6:25 PM
- Though it beat Q4 EPS estimates (while posting in-line revenue), Arris (NASDAQ:ARRS) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $1.2B-$1.24B and EPS of $0.40-$0.45, almost entirely below a consensus of $1.24B and $0.55. The company blames "anticipated reductions in volume, product mix, and price reductions implemented at the beginning of the year."
- On the other hand, Q4 order activity was healthy: Backlog rose 6% Q/Q and 17% Y/Y to $631M, yielding a book-to-bill of 1.03 (up from 0.86 in Q3 and 1.01 a year ago). The company notes it "made significant market share gains" (in large part at Cisco's expense) in 2014, and that key design wins will enter production in 2015.
- Thanks to Motorola-related SG&A spending cuts and lower charges, GAAP operating expenses fell 8% Y/Y to $291M (boosted EPS). $127M in tax benefits were recorded related to the Motorola deal.
- Shares have fallen to $26.98 AH. They rose 5.1% in regular trading.
- Q4 results, PR
ARRIS International Plc engages in entertainment and communications technology. It combines hardware, software, and services across the cloud, network, and home to power television and Internet for millions of people around the globe. The company was founded on April 20, 2015 and is... More
Industry: Communication Equipment
Country: United States
Other News & PR