Wed, May 18, 5:15 AM
- The brewer is warning it will continue to face foreign exchange volatility, after posting an 8% fall in full year revenue.
- However, the maker of Miller Lite and Castle Lager saw beer volumes rise 2%, thanks to strong sales in Africa and Latin America.
- Separately, Asahi (OTC:ASBRY) has also ruled out bidding for certain SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY) assets amid its mega merger with AB Inbev.
Tue, Apr. 19, 3:32 AM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD) has accepted Asahi Group Holdings' (OTCPK:ASBRF) offer to buy the Peroni, Grolsch and Meantime beer brands for €2.55B ($2.9B), clearing another hurdle in its efforts to win regulatory approval for the $100B-plus takeover of SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY).
- The purchase is conditional on the SABMiller deal going through, AB InBev said in a statement. The companies announced on Feb. 10 that Asahi had made a binding offer.
Wed, Feb. 10, 3:12 AM
- Asahi Group Holdings (OTCPK:ASBRF) has agreed to buy SABMiller's (OTCPK:SBMRY) Peroni and Grolsch beer brands, which are seen as necessary MegaBrew casualties due to Anheuser-Busch's (NYSE:BUD) deep penetration in Europe.
- Asahi, Japan's biggest brewer with 38% market share, is likely to pay over ¥400B ($3.5B) for the two labels, Nikkei reports.
- An earlier line-up of bidders for Peroni and Grolsch included several private equity firms, conglomerates and other brewers.
- Previously: Asahi ready to strike for Grolsch and Peroni (Jan. 11 2016)
Feb. 21, 2012, 4:00 PM
Anheuser-Busch (BUD) - on the lookout for assets in faster-growing markers - is eying up Czech brewer StarBev in a deal that could be valued as high as $3B. The brewer is owned by CVC Capital Partners, which took it private in late 2009. Others with interest: SABMiller (SBMRY.PK), Heineken (HINKY.PK), and Molson Coors (TAP).| Feb. 21, 2012, 4:00 PM