Wed, Feb. 18, 7:12 AM
- Ascena Retail (NASDAQ:ASNA) says it will stop selling Brothers products in stores and online.
- An internal review by the company indicated the unprofitable Brothers was competing internally for investments with Justice and Lane Bryant.
- The closure of the brand by Ascena isn't expected to have a material impact on earnings.
Mon, Jan. 12, 9:25 AM
- Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ:ASNA) lowers EPS guidance due to higher-than-anticipated promotional activity during the holiday period.
- Comps rose 2% for the company on flat store sales and a 17% e-commerce lift.
- Full-year EPS of $0.70-$0.75 is expected vs. $0.90-$1.00 prior guidance.
- Problems with the Justice brand assortment going into the spring are cited.
- ASNA -5.8% premarket.
Mon, Jan. 12, 9:14 AM
Dec. 31, 2014, 7:30 AM
- A screen of apparel store stocks indicates Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ:ASNA) may trade at a favorable valuation compared to peers.
- Some retail analysts prefer to use a comparison of a company's projected 5-year growth rate to its P-E ratio to measure valuation with a reading between 0 and 1 showing promise.
- ASNA has a PEG ratio of 0.68 vs. the average of 1.95 for the 35 apparel store chains screened.
- Full table
Dec. 11, 2014, 10:03 AM
- The S&P Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) is up 2.3% off of today's strong read on retail sales in the U.S.
- While the big boys are holding their own - Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) +1.1%, Target (NYSE:TGT) +2.0%, Costco (NASDAQ:COST) +1.0% - it's the apparel chains and specialty retailers doing the heavy lifting.
- Retail standouts: Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) +3.3%, CST Brands (NYSE:CST) +3.3%, Ascena Retail (NASDAQ:ASNA) +3.2%, Williams-Sonoma (NYSE:WSM) +3.0%, Express (NYSE:EXPR) +2.9%, Stein Mart (NASDAQ:SMRT) +2.7%.
- Previously: Retail Sales report, highlights
Dec. 2, 2014, 4:05 PM| Comment!
Dec. 1, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 20, 2014, 9:12 AM
- Air fares rose 2.2% M/M in October, according to the underlying data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The development arrives just as jet fuel prices are moderating on forward contracts for carriers (LUV, JBLU, HA, ALK, ALGT, SAVE, AAL, DAL, UAL, RJET).
- Breakfast cereal prices rose 1.5% M/M in October. Though the gain could be due to a soft promotions-influenced comp from a year ago, sellers (GIS, K, POST) won't mind the relief.
- Another surprise might be the +4.3% average price rise in the women's dresses category. Ann (NYSE:ANN), L Brands (NYSE:LB), Cache (NASDAQ:CACH), Cato (NYSE:CATO), Chico's FAS (NYSE:CHS), and Ascena Retail (NASDAQ:ASNA) could be part of that improvement.
- BLS CPI table
Sep. 23, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 23, 2014, 9:10 AM
Sep. 23, 2014, 8:15 AM
- Shares of Ascena Retail (NASDAQ:ASNA) are in retreat after the firm's quarterly results disappoint.
- Comparable store sales fell 2% during the quarter, a mark which would have been worse if e-commerce sales didn't contribute a 13% year-over-year rise.
- Analyst reaction: Oppenheimer cuts its price target to $17, while SunTrust takes its PT even lower to $17.
- ASNA -11.4% premarket to $14.65.
Sep. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 22, 2014, 4:07 PM| Comment!
Sep. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 15, 2014, 10:48 AM
- Hedge funds Red Alder and Engine Capital think Ann (ANN -0.4%) could land as much as $60 to $65 per share in a sale to a retailer to top the $50 to $55 a share P-E firms would be likely to pony up.
- Ascena Retail (ASNA -0.7%), Chico's FAS (CHS -0.5%), and Fast Retailing (OTCPK:FRCOY) have been tapped as potential acquirers.
Jun. 30, 2014, 5:35 PM
ASNA vs. ETF Alternatives
Ascena Retail Group Inc, through its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of apparel for women and tween girls and boys. The company offers apparel, accessories, footwear, and lifestyle products, such as bedroom furnishings and electronics.
Other News & PR