Jun. 22, 2015, 9:18 AM
Apr. 30, 2015, 3:25 AM
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (NYSE:ASX): Q1 EPS of NT$0.56
- Revenue of NT$64.66B (+18.2% Y/Y)
Feb. 6, 2015, 6:28 AM
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (NYSE:ASX): Q4 EPS of NT$0.99
- Revenue of NT$76.6B (+19.4% Y/Y)
Oct. 30, 2014, 6:23 AM
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (NYSE:ASX): Q3 EPS of NT$0.82
- Revenue of NT$42.21M (+11.6% Y/Y).
Jul. 30, 2014, 6:23 AM
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (NYSE:ASX): Q2 EPS of $0.11
- Revenue of NT$58.62B (+15.5% Y/Y)
Jul. 24, 2014, 9:45 AM
- Akamai (AKAM +1.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Macquarie. Q2 results are due on July 30.
- Unisys (UIS +7.9%) has been upgraded to Positive by Susquehanna. Shares crashed yesterday following a Q2 miss.
- Chip assembly/test firms ASX (ASX -4.6%) and Siliconware Precision (SPIL -1.7%) have respectively been cut to Neutral and Underweight by JPMorgan.
- As part of a coverage launch for Chinese Internet stocks, Citi has started Dangdang (DANG +6.3%), Weibo (WB +1.4%), Jumei (JMEI +2.5%), and Cheetah Mobile (CMCM +2.1%) at Buy.
Apr. 21, 2014, 1:13 PM
- Taiwan's Economic Daily News reports foundry giant TSMC (TSM -1.3%) aims to grow its chip packaging revenue to $1B in 2015, and $2B in 2016. The paper notes that if TSMC achieves its goal, it would become Taiwan's #3 packaging firm, behind only ASE (ASX -0.7%) and Siliconware Precision (SPIL +0.3%).
- TSMC, which on Thursday posted a Q1 beat and strong Q2 guidance, plans to rapidly grow its packaging sales in part by expanding its service lineup to include cheaper offerings.
- For reference, TSMC's 2014 revenue consensus is currently at $23.2B.
Jan. 7, 2014, 10:42 AM
Dec. 9, 2013, 12:40 PM
Oct. 29, 2013, 9:25 AM
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX) is likely to acquire Panasonic's (PCRFY) IC packaging/testing sites overseas, DigiTimes writes citing a local report. The Nikkei reported last week that Panasonic intended to sell of chipmaking plants and halve its workforce.
- Although the report identified ASX as the most likely buyer, a different Nikkei article reported that Panasonic had been in talks with Israeli TowerJazz.
Oct. 25, 2013, 9:44 AM
- Constant Contact (CTCT +24.9%) has been upgraded to Buy by Needham after issuing mixed Q3 results and strong 2014 revenue guidance (13% growth vs. 11.9% consensus).
- Sony (SNE +0.6%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Credit Suisse. FQ2 results arrive on Oct. 31.
- Monolithic Power (MPWR +15.8%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Oppenheimer after beating Q3 estimates and issuing in-line Q4 guidance.
- ASX (ASX +2%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Bernstein.
- NCR (NCR -5.7%) has been cut to Neutral by Compass Point after posting mixed Q3 results and reiterating its full-year guidance.
- Rogers (RCI -0.9%) has been cut to Hold by Canaccord a day after posting Q3 results. Macquarie downgraded shares yesterday.
- STMicroelectronics (STM -0.6%) has been cut to Neutral by Goldman three days after missing Q3 estimates and providing weaker-than-expected Q4 guidance.
- WageWorks (WAGE +3.1%) has been started at Buy by SunTrust.
Apr. 26, 2013, 5:59 AMAdvanced Semiconductor (ASX): Q1 EPS of $0.05 misses by $0.05. Revenue of NT$16.38B. | Apr. 26, 2013, 5:59 AM
Apr. 9, 2013, 6:41 AMAdvanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX) reports Q1 revenue of $1.64B (+13.3% Y/Y) misses by $250M. | Apr. 9, 2013, 6:41 AM
Jan. 9, 2013, 5:44 AM
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX) Q4 revenues of $1.92B (+25% Y/Y) beat by $190M. (PR)| Jan. 9, 2013, 5:44 AM
Feb. 27, 2012, 11:21 AM
The entire Taiwanese banking sector is cut to sell at CLSA as the country faces the bursting of housing and tech bubbles. A decade of easy credit has led to oversupply in Dram, panels, LED, solar, and property, writes Dexter Hsu, but now credit is tightening, which "should accelerate the seasoning process." EWT +12.8% YTD.| Feb. 27, 2012, 11:21 AM
Dec. 28, 2011, 7:57 AM
A day after reporting Apple (AAPL) will release a TV set in Q2 or Q3, a different set of sources tell Digitimes Apple will "finalize hardware standards" for its sets by the end of Q2, and may enlist chip foundry TSM and chip testing/packaging firms ASX and SPIL in its efforts. However, in a sign of how Digitimes' sources can have conflicting information, the ones behind today's report suggest the TV sets will be released near the end of 2012.| Dec. 28, 2011, 7:57 AM | 5 Comments