5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Business Wire (Wed, 7:07PM)
Business Wire (Wed, 7:07PM)
Business Wire (Tue, 5:14PM)
Business Wire (Tue, 5:13PM)
Athlon Energy Announces First Quarter 2014 Production, Horizontal Well Results & Increased 2014 OutlookBusiness Wire (Tue, 4:01PM)
Business Wire (Apr 8, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 25, 2014)
Athlon Energy Closes Upsized Secondary Public Offering, Including Underwriters’ Overallotment OptionBusiness Wire (Feb 12, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 12, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 6, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 4, 2014)
Athlon Energy Announces Operational Update, Acquisition in the Midland Basin & Provides 2014 OutlookBusiness Wire (Jan 24, 2014)
ATHL vs. ETF Alternatives
Athlon Energy Inc is an independent exploration and production company engaged in the acquisition, development, and exploitation of unconventional oil and liquids-rich natural gas reserves in the Permian Basin.
Wednesday, Apr 162:26 PM
Wednesday, Apr 162:26 PM| Comment!
- Athlon Energy (ATHL +4%) powers to all-time highs, dismissing news of planned stock and senior note sales after boosting its outlook for FY 2014 production by ~17% over its prior guidance.
- Including the impact of recent acquisitions and better than expected Q1 production, ATHL expects to average 23K-24.25K boe/day, up from January guidance of 19.75K-20,75K boe/day.
- ATHL also reported record Q1 production, and boosted its 2014 capital budget by another $105M to $700M.
Tuesday, Apr 155:58 PM
Tuesday, Apr 155:58 PM| 1 Comment
- Athlon Energy (ATHL) announces offerings for 11M shares of common stock and $500M in senior notes to fund potential and pending acquisitions and for general corporate purposes.
- Separately, ATHL says Q1 production reached a record quarterly high of nearly 17K boe/day, up 71% Y/Y, above the high end of its earlier guidance range; approves an increased 2014 capital budget for drilling expenditures of $700M.
- Shares -1.2% AH.
Thursday, Apr 103:15 PM
Thursday, Apr 103:15 PM| 2 Comments
- Athlon Energy's (ATHL -2.7%) recent agreement to buy 23K-plus acres of Midland Basin property could be good news for Linn Energy (LINE -2.3%), according to Citigroup analysts.
- LINE has ~55K Midland net acres that are on the selling block, and Citi says it may be able to acquire $2B-plus in mature producing properties in exchange for its Permian assets, based on the ATHL transactions; a sale/swap of LINE's Permian properties and a subsequent investment of proceeds into MLP-suitable assets should lower the overall decline rate of the partnership’s asset portfolio.
- Yet Citi still rates the stock Neutral because it believes Linn will need another large equity financed acquisition or an equity offering to get closer to the targeted 3x leverage.
Wednesday, Apr 912:42 PM
Wednesday, Apr 912:42 PM| Comment!
- Athlon Energy (ATHL +9.3%) is maintained with a Buy rating with an increased $48 price target, up from $44, at Topeka Capital following news it plans to acquire assets in the Midland Basin for $873M.
- The firm sees the assets as a very attractive package, with a large portion located in Martin County, Tex., where typical 7,500-ft. lateral wells are projected to produce 800M boe; based on Topeka's estimates, the acquisitions and acceleration are accretive to earnings, cash flow and RNAV estimates.
Wednesday, Apr 98:24 AM
Wednesday, Apr 98:24 AM| Comment!
- Athlon Energy (ATHL) says it has entered into multiple agreements with five unrelated third-party sellers to acquire producing properties and undeveloped acreage for a combined $873M.
- The properties are concentrated primarily on the western side of the northern Midland Basin in Texas in proximity to ATHL's existing operating areas.
- Current net production of the assets is ~4,800 boe/day (67% oil); net proved reserves of 31M boe.
Friday, Jan 2410:30 AM
Friday, Jan 2410:30 AM| 2 Comments
- Athlon Energy (ATHL +0.5%) says Q4 production rose 69% Y/Y to 14,689 boe/day vs. 8,710 boe/day in the year-ago quarter, with oil volumes growing 83% Y/Y; average FY 2013 production rose 73% to 12,213 boe/day vs. 7,047 boe/day during 2012, with oil volumes growing 85% Y/Y.
- Agrees to acquire ~5,600 net acres in the northern Midland Basin for $88M; current production at the properties totals ~750 boe/day (60% oil).
- Approves 2014 capital budget for drilling expenditures of $595M.
- Expects 2014 production of 19,750-20,750 boe/day, exceeding previous expectations.
- ATHL also files for a 12M-share common stock offering by selling stockholders; the company will receive no proceeds from the sale.
Saturday, Nov 302013, 8:53 AM
Saturday, Nov 302013, 8:53 AM| 5 Comments
- Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) Wednesday announced that severe winter weather in Texas has significantly impacted the company's production and drilling operations in the Spraberry/Wolfcamp, Eagle Ford Shale and Barnett Shale Combo plays.
- Commenting, analyst Gordon Douthat of Wells Fargo said, "PXD did not revise production guidance at this point as the company is still assessing impacts across its operations, but will provide an update once impact can be quantified. Production downtime will vary by company with some stating only 12 days of downtime and others stating more substantial downtime."
- Douthat said impacts will likely be felt by all Permian operators including Concho Resources (CXO), Laredo Petroleum Holdings (LPI), Athlon Energy (ATHL), Diamondback Energy (FANG), Approach Resources (AREX) though more time is needed to fully quantify the extent.
Friday, Nov 292013, 11:59 AM
Friday, Nov 292013, 11:59 AM| 1 Comment
- Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD +0.1%) warned late Wednesday that severe winter weather in Texas has significantly impacted production and drilling operations in the Spraberry/Wolfcamp, Eagle Ford shale and Barnett shale plays in the state, and analysts expect PXD to revise down its production guidance in the coming weeks.
- PXD has said it expects production to average 179K-187K boe/day in Q4.
- Topeka Capital keeps its Hold rating but cuts its price target on the stock to $210 from $225, while Global Hunter calls the news "more of a short-term nuisance than a long-term threat."
- PXD shares have gained 66% YTD, the most among energy stocks in the S&P 500, as Permian plays have been hot.
- Other Permian names are mixed today: CXO -0.2%, FANG -0.6%, LPI -1.7%, ATHL +1.4%, AREX +0.5%.
Tuesday, Nov 122013, 3:42 PM
Tuesday, Nov 122013, 3:42 PM| Comment!
- Athlon Energy (ATHL +11.2%) powers higher after posting Q3 earnings and revenues that easily beat expectations.
- Discretionary cash flow increased 93% to ~$54M in Q3 vs. ~$28M for the year-ago quarter.
- Average daily production volumes rose 69% to 12,960 boe/day vs. 7,673 boe/day a year ago.
- ATHL says it plans to provide FY 2014 outlook early in Q1, at which time it expects to provide initial production results on its first two horizontal Wolfcamp wells.
Tuesday, Nov 122013, 6:49 AM
Saturday, Oct 262013, 8:25 AM
Saturday, Oct 262013, 8:25 AM| 60 Comments
- The Permian Basin is all the rage on Wall Street, but oil prices need to stay high enough to support the current rate of exploratory drilling - and prices for West Texas crude have dropped below $100/bbl for a third straight weekly decline.
- The Permian remains the largest U.S. oil producer, with output averaging ~1.3M bbl/day and rising, but it's also the most expensive U.S. shale formation in which to drill - meaning the boom could become a bust if crude moves near $70/bbl, as some analysts predict.
- If oil drops to $80, wells in some parts of the Permian will become money-losers; wells drilled in the Cline Shale and Northern Mississippian Lime layers of the Permian need $96 oil to break even.
- Among top Permian producers: PXD, FANG, CXO, APA, ATHL, OXY, XOM, EOG, XEC, APC, CVX, COP, CWEI.
- Oil ETFs: OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI.
Thursday, Aug 12013, 7:54 PM
Thursday, Aug 12013, 7:54 PM| Comment!
- Athlon Energy prices its 15.8M share IPO at $20 per share, the top end of its expected range.
- ATHL is a holding company focused on the acquisition, development and exploitation of unconventional oil and liquids-rich natural gas reserves in the Permian Basin. Its sole assets are controlling equity interests in Athlon Holdings LP and its subsidiaries.
- The shares are expected to begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange tomorrow under the symbol "ATHL."