Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Thu, Oct. 20, 9:12 AM
Fri, Jul. 15, 9:05 AM
Tue, Apr. 26, 7:54 AM
- Atlas Copco AB ADR (OTCPK:ATLKY): Q1 EPS of SEK 2.38
- Revenue of SEK 23.14B (-6.5% Y/Y)
Jul. 16, 2014, 12:22 PM
- Joy Global (JOY +6.7%) shares hit new 52-week highs, apparently on speculation that the world's leading maker of underground mining equipment is a takeover target.
- Joy also may be gaining on a forecast from air compressor maker Atlas Copco (OTCPK:ATLKY, OTCPK:ATLCF) for improved demand in the coming months as investment in mining equipment stabilizes.
Aug. 19, 2013, 3:16 AM
- As tipped, Atlas Copco (ATLKY.PK) has agreed to acquire British vacuum pumps firm Edwards Group (EVAC) for up to $1.6B, including $400M of debt.
- Atlas Copco will pay an initial $9.25 a share and as much as $1.25 extra, depending on Edwards' 2013 earnings. For the full payment, the latter will have to earn revenues of £587.5-650M and adjusted EBITDA of £113.9-145M.
- Edwards' shares closed at $8.45 on Friday.
- Edwards shareholders representing around 84% of stock have agreed to vote in favor of the deal. (PR)
Aug. 18, 2013, 2:22 AM
- Atlas Copco (ATLKY.PK) is in advanced negotiations to acquire Edwards Group (EVAC), a U.K. provider of vacuum pumps, for almost $1.6B.
- The Swedish engineering group plans to offer $9.20 a share, or an 8.9% premium to Edwards' closing price of $8.45 on Friday.
- Edwards' banking advisers Barclays and Lazard have recommended to the company's board to accept the deal, which could be announced this week.
Jun. 5, 2013, 10:46 AM
"Those who can demonstrate that their glue has something different to offer … will achieve good margins," a consultant tells Bloomberg, regarding the growing appeal of specialty adhesives amid automakers' push to create lighter, stronger cars. The average amount of such adhesives used in cars could grow by a third going forward, boosting the prospects for companies like Henkel (HENKF.PK +0.2%), PPG -1%, and Atlas Copco (ATLKY.PK -2.4%).| Jun. 5, 2013, 10:46 AM