Atmos Energy Outlook Gains Strength As Natural Gas Prices Remain Low
Tristan R. Brown
Tristan R. Brown
Atmos Energy's Outlook Contains Multiple Drivers For Earnings Growth
Tristan R. Brown
Tristan R. Brown
Wed, May 4, 5:41 PM
Wed, May 4, 5:07 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Tue, Mar. 29, 3:57 PM
- J.P. Morgan says premium multiples have made gas utility valuations relatively high, as the firm downgrades NiSource (NI +1%) to Neutral from Overweight with a $24 price target and reiterates Laclede Group (LG +2.5%) at Underweight.
- However, J.P. Morgan highlights Atmos Energy (ATO +2.3%) as a value opportunity, saying ATO is implementing an accelerated capital spending plan that has the potential to offer investors above average returns on investment.
- Based on five-year organic growth and no change in relative valuation, the firm foresees a respective best case total return of 8.5%, 7.9% and 6% for ATO, NI and LG, but views only ATO as offering relative and absolute value in a group multiple contraction scenario.
Fri, Mar. 18, 11:40 AM
- Morgan Stanley says gas utility valuations appear stretched, as the firm downgrades Atmos Energy (ATO -1.7%) to Equal Weight from Overweight and ONE Gas (OGS -2.8%) to Underweight from Equal Weight.
- "P/E, dividend yield, relative to electrics, relative to their own history - no matter how you slice it, gas utilities have gotten expensive (in part due to a significant uptick in M&A within the space)," the firm says.
- Stanley says ATO's growth outlook is one of the strongest and lowest risk across the regulated utility sector but the company’s shares now appear fairly valued, and OGS' shares have outperformed over the past 18 months and now trade at a double-digit premium relative to gas utility peers.
- The firm's respective stock price targets for ATO and OGS are $72 and $54.
Fri, Feb. 12, 5:40 PM
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:11 PM
- Atmos Energy (NYSE:ATO): FQ1 EPS of $0.93 misses by $0.07.
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:10 PM
- Atmos Energy (NYSE:ATO) declares $0.42/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.4%
- Payable March 7; for shareholders of record Feb. 22; ex-div Feb. 18.
Mon, Feb. 1, 5:35 PM
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:41 PM
- Atmos Energy (NYSE:ATO) declares $0.42/share quarterly dividend, 7.7% increase from prior dividend of $0.39.
- Forward yield 2.66%
- Payable Dec. 7; for shareholders of record Nov. 23; ex-div Nov. 19.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:27 PM
- Atmos Energy (NYSE:ATO): FQ4 EPS of $0.29 beats by $0.03.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Aug. 5, 2015, 5:11 PM
- Atmos Energy (NYSE:ATO) declares $0.39/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.84%
- Payable Sept. 8; for shareholders of record Aug. 24; ex-div Aug. 20.
Aug. 5, 2015, 5:06 PM
- Atmos Energy (NYSE:ATO): FQ3 EPS of $0.54 beats by $0.03.
Aug. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACAS, ACXM, AEGR, AGU, ALB, AMTG, ANDE, AREX, ARNA, ATO, ATSG, AVG, AWK, AXLL, BEE, BGC, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CBS, CCRN, CF, CJES, CLNE, CLR, CNAT, CODI, CORT, COUP, CPE, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CUTR, CXW, DCO, DNB, DPM, DXCM, ECHO, ECOL, ENS, EQC, ETE, ETP, FANG, FLT, FMC, FNGN, FOXA, FRT, FTD, FUEL, GBDC, GDDY, GMCR, GPOR, HABT, HDP, HI, HIVE, HLF, HR, IAG, ICPT, IL, IRWD, ITRI, JACK, JAZZ, JONE, KND, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNT, MCHX, MED, MELI, MG, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MRO, MUSA, NHI, NKTR, NLY, NOG, NP, OME, OPK, OSUR, PACB, PDLI, PFMT, PGTI, PHH, PMT, PNNT, POWR, PRI, PRU, PRXL, PSIX, RAIL, REG, RGLD, RIG, RLD, RP, RST, RYN, SBY, SD, SGI, SGMO, SGY, SHOR, SLF, SQNM, SSNI, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TLLP, TRNX, TRQ, TS, TSLA, TSO, TTEC, TTMI, TTPH, TUMI, UHAL, UIL, VVC, WGL, WPX, WSR, WTI, WTW, XNPT, XPO, ZU
May 6, 2015, 5:54 PM
Atmos Energy Corp. is engaged in the regulated natural gas distribution and transmission, and storage businesses as well as other non-regulated natural gas businesses. The company operates its business through three segments: Regulated pipeline, Regulated distribution and Non-regulated. Atmos... More
Industry: Gas Utilities
Country: United States
Other News & PR